Who's your list for next HC? | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
This may have been discussed, but I resently watched a movie The 12 orphans. Why can't we find a coach that designs a game plan around the talented players we have , as apposed to fitting players into a pre determined plan. We have talent. Find a way to use it. F luck you Randy !!!! Just saying

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AD David Benedict should be on the phone with current UConn NFL players to try and get them to commit to donating $1MM per year for the next 4 years to be used for the salary pool. That extra amount for salaries would go a long way in attracting good candidates to turn around the program
Gee, why don't you just start a Go Fund Me page or whatever they are called. You can call it the UCONN Assistant Coach Pool.

Reaction Score
Moorehead is not coming here, so lets just stop. No way that dude is dropping down to our level in FBS when he's already an OC for Oregon. I think that idea is ridiculous.
Agree Moorhead would be hard to get. But also agree with the others that you have to make the call and gauge interest. $2M a year over 5 years is a good offer that he’d at least have to think about.

One aspect you may be overlooking is ‘fit’. Miss St was a nice payday for him, but ultimate a bad fit. I don’t think you see him chasing that this time around. He can be patient for the right opportunity to open up.

He can spend 4 years at UConn making double his salary and can raise his stock even more if he turns us around. And then can pounce on that top-tier B1G or ACC gig. Meanwhile he already knows the ‘fit’ at UConn is solid for the short-term.

I don’t think that’s a super irrational pitch for us to make, especially considering how quickly a coordinators stock can drop with one bad season, injury, game, etc.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Agree Moorhead would be hard to get. But also agree with the others that you have to make the call and gauge interest. $2M a year over 5 years is a good offer that he’d at least have to think about.

One aspect you may be overlooking is ‘fit’. Miss St was a nice payday for him, but ultimate a bad fit. I don’t think you see him chasing that this time around. He can be patient for the right opportunity to open up.

He can spend 4 years at UConn making double his salary and can raise his stock even more if he turns us around. And then can pounce on that top-tier B1G or ACC gig. Meanwhile he already knows the ‘fit’ at UConn is solid for the short-term.

I don’t think that’s a super irrational pitch for us to make, especially considering how quickly a coordinators stock can drop with one bad season, injury, game, etc.
We are rated last in the country. By definition, the next coach is basically assured of being given credit for a turnaround.

Reaction Score
We are rated last in the country. By definition, the next coach is basically assured of being given credit for a turnaround.
I call an improvement of 25 places as the bar to be considered a turnaround.

Reaction Score

Moorhead is not coming here. I do not believe we will win a game this year.

Reaction Score
We need to clear out the entire staff. This will be another rebuild. We need a new staff that can work the transfer portal to our advantage.

Reaction Score
I do not believe we will win a game this year.
UMass is terrible and there's Yale. Those are games they could win. But this team is bad and may go winless. But let's not talk ourselves into Spanos—as people already had been!—if they somehow pull out 2 or somehow 3.

Team needs a total rebuild.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UMass is terrible and there's Yale. Those are games they could win. But this team is bad and may go winless. But let's not talk ourselves into Spanos—as people already had been!—if they somehow pull out 2 or somehow 3.

UMass put up 28 vs BC. They can score against a P5 team.

We'll see how Yale does vs HC next weekend.

Reaction Score

I don't think the team needs a rebuild. The talent is there. Our receivers get open, linebackers are getting behind the line and coverage has been decent. We just need coordinators that know how to utilize the talent. Moorhead's offense scored three times on almost the exact same play against OSU. So like I said we need coordinators that have situational awareness and are able to exploit weakness instead of driving a square peg in a round hole.

Reaction Score

There's a reason I said could. It is, in theory, possible. Likely? Different question.

But regardless of whether we win or not, my point is that the issues are still the issues.
The talent is there.
Yeah...the results suggest the opposite. Coordinators lose games, but they don't get you blown out.

Reaction Score

Although I work there and they are my 2nd favorite, did they use the portal? I am too lazy to look.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Presbyterian beat Ft. Lauderdale 68-3 today. I don't know anything about Presbyterian or their coach but that seems more exciting than whatever we're doing.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Presbyterian beat Ft. Lauderdale 68-3 today. I don't know anything about Presbyterian or their coach but that seems more exciting than whatever we're doing.
That's Kevin Kelley's squad. The guy who onside kicks until they're up by 21, always goes for the 2-pt conversion, rarely punts... and most importantly for UConn's budgetary issues, once offered to coach Kansas for $90K per win.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
That's Kevin Kelley's squad. The guy who onside kicks until they're up by 21, always goes for the 2-pt conversion, rarely punts... and most importantly for UConn's budgetary issues, once offered to coach Kansas for $90K per win.
Hmm. Not sure if that's what we're looking for but if Edsall was traditional to a fault, this guy sounds like the opposite of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom