Who's your list for next HC? | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
View attachment 69704

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
In Dave we trust

Reaction Score
I like your mindset thinking from a AD DB mindset, but Muschamp hard pass, Steele is 60, Claeys had a bad scandal that forced him out, and Kill's health and age is a hard no. Anyone else from his past connections besides Lashlee?
Just naming names to get the ball rolling that way.

Dameyune Craig was at Auburn
Kodi Burns was at Auburn
Jim Zebrowski was at Minnesota

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In Dave we trust
Not quite yet… let’s see what he does with this hire.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Mods, can we block people from posting on the Head Coaching search for 7 days if they bring up a former UConn coach as part of their recommendations? Enough with the Weists, Lashlee, Morehead, Orlando, etc etc etc.

I'm only 1/2 kidding, maybe a 2 day suspension would be sufficient.

Reaction Score
Mods, can we block people from posting on the Head Coaching search for 7 days if they bring up a former UConn coach as part of their recommendations? Enough with the Weists, Lashlee, Morehead, Orlando, etc etc etc.

I'm only 1/2 kidding, maybe a 2 day suspension would be sufficient.
So you're saying you don't want Moorhead? A proven winner and offenses that have scored on the best defenses in the country.

Reaction Score
Moorhead has to be the first call made. That's our dream hire. A real QB guru who has a great record as a head coach.
Moorhead is the best option. Has ties locally, proven winner in the northeast and has the offensive know how to make the offense soar. Even when Edsall chained him in, his offenses were still scoring and made games fun to watch. You have to call him. He may not wanna come, but you gotta make that call to him first.

Reaction Score
Moorehead is not coming here, so lets just stop. No way that dude is dropping down to our level in FBS when he's already an OC for Oregon. I think that idea is ridiculous.

The point is you have to make that call. Nobody is saying he is likely to come here but to not make a run at him would be incompetence. You call him and let him know he is the first guy to be called.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The point is you have to make that call. Nobody is saying he is likely to come here but to not make a run at him would be incompetence.
Good point, call Saban too. It would be incompetence not to call Saban.

Now lets get to real candidates...

Reaction Score
Moorehead is not coming here, so lets just stop. No way that dude is dropping down to our level in FBS when he's already an OC for Oregon. I think that idea is ridiculous.

How can you say this when Notre Dame's Broyles award DC came here. Or Rhett dropped from Auburn to come here for the SAME position or Florida States OC took a pay cut to make 650k at UMass? I don't think its as much a stretch as you think. Moorehead makes 900k at Oregon if you put a 2 mil 2.3 mil # there with our facilities and he isn't hand cuffed by Edsall I dont think he's going to thumb his nose at us.

That said I still think Southern/Northern or not Rhett is the first call AD Benedict makes based on their history and his potential.

Reaction Score
How can you say this when Notre Dame's Broyles award DC came here. Or Rhett dropped from Auburn to come here or Florida States OC took a pay cut to make 650k at UMass? I don't think its as much a stretch as you think. Moorehead makes 900k at Oregon if you put a 2 mil 2.3 mil # there with our facilities and he isn't hand cuffed by Edsall I dont think he's going to thumb his nose at us.

That said I still think Southern/Northern or not Rhett is the first call AD Benedict makes based on their history and his potential.
If I were making $900k and I was offered $2.5m to be a HC back in the NEast where I’m from and had a ton of success I’ll jump on it in a heartbeat. $2-2.5m is not peanuts. If I succeed as the HC I still get an opportunity at a bigger gig. There’s no guarantee he succeeds at Oregon as the OC. But $900k in Oregon is not that much they do I believe have high taxes just like here in CT. Moorhead is not out of the question.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it that Joe’s family has pleaded with him to not even consider a job until the fan base learns how to spell his last name! :p

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If you guys think a former head coach in the SEC and current OC of freaking Oregon will make his next move from the top 10 of football to the bottom 10 then I dont know what to say. If he has any kind of season he will be toying with big $$$ options to coach other places in the P5 again. You are going to have to cheer for Oregon to have a crap season for this to have any chance. Maybe after a crap season Moorehead will be bounced out like Lashlee and the maybe it could happen.

Reaction Score
Maybe somebody can start a thread on the pluses and minuses of Lou Spanos as head coach.

Reaction Score
Cignetti has never lost more than 3 games in his entire coaching career. JMU was/is one of the highest scoring teams at the FCS level. 60 isn't terrible. We have to hire like the next coach is coming here as a stepping stone. So go for a guy like Cignetti, Moorhead or Entz need to be on the short list.
I have no problem making the call to Cignetti and we can debate the age. 60 not terrible. Not great. At 60 you have to think his next job is his last. Do we want to be a stepping stone program though? Beggars can't be choosers but you're not really building stability if the next hire is gone to better pastures in 3 years, even though it would signify success.

Fine with Entz on the shortlist, but I have my reservations about him being able to be successful here away from the NDSU formula that has been crushing it. To this point, his two NDSU predecessors have had mixed success in their next gigs. Craig Bohl went from 3 straight championships to Wyoming where he's 39-44. Chris Klieman went from 4 championships in 5 years to K State where's had what I would say is an ok success (13-11) in the Big 12. And that's with both staying in the Midwest where they have their roots and pipelines set up.

A name I haven't seen is Willie Taggert. Only making $750K w/ a $3m buyout at FAU (replaced Kiffin). Had a very good run at USF before messing with the big leagues at Oregon (weird fit) and FSU (good fit in a bad situation mixed with unreasonable expectations). We know he should be able to recruit Florida well enough and we can offer him all the resources better than FAU. He took over a last place USF team and went from 2-to-4-to-8-to-10 wins in his 4 years there, so he is capable of bringing a mediocre-to-bad program to success.

Reaction Score
I have no problem making the call to Cignetti and we can debate the age. 60 not terrible. Not great. At 60 you have to think his next job is his last. Do we want to be a stepping stone program though? Beggars can't be choosers but you're not really building stability if the next hire is gone to better pastures in 3 years, even though it would signify success.

Fine with Entz on the shortlist, but I have my reservations about him being able to be successful here away from the NDSU formula that has been crushing it. To this point, his two NDSU predecessors have had mixed success in their next gigs. Craig Bohl went from 3 straight championships to Wyoming where he's 39-44. Chris Klieman went from 4 championships in 5 years to K State where's had what I would say is an ok success (13-11) in the Big 12. And that's with both staying in the Midwest where they have their roots and pipelines set up.

A name I haven't seen is Willie Taggert. Only making $750K w/ a $3m buyout at FAU (replaced Kiffin). Had a very good run at USF before messing with the big leagues at Oregon (weird fit) and FSU (good fit in a bad situation mixed with unreasonable expectations). We know he should be able to recruit Florida well enough and we can offer him all the resources better than FAU. He took over a last place USF team and went from 2-to-4-to-8-to-10 wins in his 4 years there, so he is capable of bringing a mediocre-to-bad program to success.
I forgot about Willie Taggert. He’s a really good coach

Reaction Score
How can you say this when Notre Dame's Broyles award DC came here. Or Rhett dropped from Auburn to come here for the SAME position or Florida States OC took a pay cut to make 650k at UMass? I don't think its as much a stretch as you think. Moorehead makes 900k at Oregon if you put a 2 mil 2.3 mil # there with our facilities and he isn't hand cuffed by Edsall I dont think he's going to thumb his nose at us.

Keep in mind that Crazy Bob was not the first choice. The first choice was the Broyles winner from Michigan who turned UConn down for lack of budget for the staff.

Reaction Score

I'd rather get Tom Herman instead of Taggert if we're gonna go that route.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom