Who's your list for next HC? | Page 53 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
If comfortable with a defensive guy I would prefer Harasymiak over Orlando. He is co-DC at Minnesota and has HC experience at Maine. The experience with Diaco sours me on taking a gamble on a person who has never been a HC. I still like Curt Cignetti at James Madison. Wouldn’t break the bank and has a HC track record of success.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am fine with a defensive coach as head coach as long as they bring in someone who knows offense to run the show whether it is a quarterback coach or a offensive coordinator at a FCS level.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am fine with a defensive coach as head coach as long as they bring in someone who knows offense to run the show whether it is a quarterback coach or a offensive coordinator at a FCS level.
You would be.

Hopefully Benedict doesn't agree with you.

Reaction Score
You would be.

Hopefully Benedict doesn't agree with you.
Defensive coaches i believe have a tendency to mettle with the offense. Edsall, Diaco and P all did to varying extents. From Edsall criticizing Lashlee publicly, to Diaco refusing an OC not of his choosing to P demoting Moorehead.

I really want to see what an offensive minded coach brings.

Reaction Score
Keeping with the previous UConn connection requirement, Steve Spagnuolo. Worked under Skip Holtz, Head Coach in the NFL. Not bad

Reaction Score
Let's not go there... please!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Obviously, I don't have any names. But for our place in the pecking order, we would be best served with an up-and-comer who has a plan. I think you get a bigger bang for the buck as well as a better chance for success. We want the selection to become a contender for a bigger job. That would show we can succeed here.

Reaction Score
Who do you guys like? I don’t think Lashlee bites didn’t seem to love the time here. I’m kinda like the Nunzio pick tbh
Here’s a decent coach with his DC, OC and QB coach.

7C496D8E-A29D-40C6-B3C0-0485F785972D.jpeg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like Skip, but UConn needs to go outside of the history of the program.
Fairly or unfairly, the fan base tolerance for a retreads/retro hires has been burned up by Randy. If Skip comes in and kills it, everyone’s happy, but if he doesn’t Benedict would be crucified.

I would have to see who is available and interested, but I doubt we end up with Skip.

CL82

Reaction Score
Les Miles never built a national championship program at the University of Connecticut, proving that he knows how to do it with our school's unique circumstances (recruiting, admin, etc.).
if that’s the criteria, we’re shutting down the program.

Reaction Score
Fairly or unfairly, the fan base tolerance for a retreads/retro hires has been burned up by Randy. If Skip comes in and kills it, everyone’s happy, but if he doesn’t Benedict would be crucified.

I would have to see who is available and interested, but I doubt we end up with Skip.

I agree that we would need to be turned down by quite a few candidates before Skip was hired. I do however think he is a good coach and more than qualified for the job. Strange how his successful history with UCONN hurts him. He is a very different coach than Edsall but gets hurt because they have that one thing in common. Orlando and Edsall have much more in common.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I’d be ok paying the whole coach’s pool to the best OL coach in the country. Controlling the line makes everything better.

*… only half kidding.

Reaction Score
if that’s the criteria, we’re shutting down the program.
Um... I don't think you read the whole conversation. Someone asked if other schools are obsessed with former coaches as much as UConn fans. Another poster said he knows someone that is an LSU fan and is obsessed with Saban. I said if we had a former coach that won us a national championship then I'd be all about rehiring them as well. Someone else quoted me saying Les Miles is available, I guess implying I would salivate over any NC winning coach. I said Les Miles never won a championship at UConn, so it wasn't relevant to the conversation.

Obviously I don't expect UConn to hire a NC winning coach, or for a coach to win a NC at UConn.

CL82

Reaction Score
I agree that we would need to be turned down by quite a few candidates before Skip was hired. I do however think he is a good coach and more than qualified for the job. Strange how his successful history with UCONN hurts him. He is a very different coach than Edsall but gets hurt because they have that one thing in common. Orlando and Edsall have much more in common.
There’s too many similarities. Both Coach us as we transitioned to D1, and both left us for what they perceive to be better opportunities. I feel like the timing is wrong for it. That said if he was our guy I would back him and be pretty hopeful.

Reaction Score
I think the discussion about whether or not Rhett Lashlee is a good offensive coordinator can end. He is a terrific offensive coordinator. He had a Freshman QB from Glastonbury CT (odd twist) throw for over 400 yards today in a big win over Mark Whipple's Heisman candidate QB. Apparently Lashlee just needed to find the right QB.

Reaction Score
Is this 2 million amount that getting often mentioned a slam dunk max number that has been stated from the key people? I do hope not, cuz I was hoping 3million to get up there.

Also, I'm not familiar at all with the HC at Coastal Carolina, is he young/offense minded/ UCONN material?

Reaction Score
Is this 2 million amount that getting often mentioned a slam dunk max number that has been stated from the key people? I do hope not, cuz I was hoping 3million to get up there.

Also, I'm not familiar at all with the HC at Coastal Carolina, is he young/offense minded/ UCONN material?

I think Dave mentioned in some interviews that he’s willing to pay more if he has to, I’m sure 2 million is a start.

Reaction Score

He’s got a great thing going on down there. Seems like a great coach. Hard to imagine he’d give that up for UCONN. Just doesn’t seem like a fit.

Reaction Score
Going toward the original premise, my list:
Lashlee
Moorhead
Orlando
Skippy
Prime Time

Four with previous ties with the Huskies
& one controversial choice that have a WOW factor

Reaction Score
I spent the weekend at Penn State (spouse is a die hard). I noticed the number of old, and I mean old people climbing 40-50 rows in the rain against Illinois to see there team play along with plenty of others obviously. The number of people who with some sense would have sat this one out at home watching on TV, but still showed up was noticeable. They'll show up next week even though the entire fanbase knows they are looking at going from 5-0 to 6-4 before thanksgiving with there QB hurt.

FWIW, the students were late arriving but the filled their section. I saw many people leaving from the late 3rd Q on and even into the overtimes, but with 105,000, it didn't make a dent. Economy of scale in action.
A Penn State Gal? Nice.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Going toward the original premise, my list:
Lashlee
Moorhead
Orlando
Skippy
Prime Time

Four with previous ties with the Huskies
& one controversial choice that have a WOW factor
And this is why people keep asking why UConn fans have an infatuation with previous coaches.

Only one on that list would be a good call...and I doubt he would come here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom