Who's your list for next HC? | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
that is asking too much. He should be considered seriously if they win three to four, and hired ASASP if they win about six.
3 or 4 wins I just don't think cuts it to keep him on staff. Especially if Moorhead is willing to come here.

Reaction Score
Lashlee and Dave has some history, but I honestly believe he is not coming back. Lashlee is out of the question.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not. This program needs a do over. I am grateful he is taking over on an interim basis (it would give many pause I am sure) but he should not be considered as the next head coach.
I just remember how there were great expectations for Diaco. He was coming from Notre Dame. He won the Broyles Award. Looked great on paper. Then, when he got here, things went down the drain, even though he had some highpoints. We don't want another Diaco.

Reaction Score
I just remember how there were great expectations for Diaco. He was coming from Notre Dame. He won the Broyles Award. Looked great on paper. Then, when he got here, things went down the drain, even though he had some highpoints. We don't want another Diaco.
Moorhead, Cignetti or Entz. Proven winners and teams that can score. Only options IMO. Maybe the guy from Coastal Carolina, but doubt he'll come here.

Reaction Score
this ONLY an Offensive Coach is silly

The number ONE criteria for the UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT HEAD COACH is ... they have to understand the tight architecture they have to travel to get the right recruits. Local kids need development. MA & NJ & NY & PA & QC ... a solid smattering of Florida and Georgia for speed. We are in Texas now. Redshirt and develop lines over a few years. AND learn what works in the Transfer market. A Quarterback coach that can really get a kid to stand tall and win. A FBS program in New England is not easy; nor Buffalo or this northern thing.

A HC candidate can be a Defensive Coordinator if he has been in solid programs and had responsibility. And can Coach kids.

For God's sake, this. Whether your HC has an offensive or defensive background, the right coordinator on the other side of the ball can make up for it.

But this needs to be the right person for this job. Someone who wins because the university doesn't care how he does it in terms of who he is bringing in is not going to succeed here. Pretending we are WVU is not going to make us WVU.

Reaction Score
Lashlee and Dave has some history, but I honestly believe he is not coming back. Lashlee is out of the question.
Not out of the question but not likely. Same with morehead. They are national names that offensive players will come here to play for. Hey kid, I’ll make you famous. Portal too.

Reaction Score
Not out of the question but not likely. Same with morehead. They are national names that offensive players will come here to play for. Hey kid, I’ll make you famous. Portal too.

We have a better shot at Moorhead than we do with Lashlee. Moorhead was born and raised in the Northeast and Lashlee born and raised pretty much his entire life down south. I’d prefer Moorhead anyway do to his HC experience. Lashlee is pretty much out of the question. If I’m wrong and he gets the job I’ll be happy with the hire.

Reaction Score
this ONLY an Offensive Coach is silly

The number ONE criteria for the UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT HEAD COACH is ... they have to understand the tight architecture they have to travel to get the right recruits. Local kids need development. MA & NJ & NY & PA & QC ... a solid smattering of Florida and Georgia for speed. We are in Texas now. Redshirt and develop lines over a few years. AND learn what works in the Transfer market. A Quarterback coach that can really get a kid to stand tall and win. A FBS program in New England is not easy; nor Buffalo or this northern thing.

A HC candidate can be a Defensive Coordinator if he has been in solid programs and had responsibility. And can Coach kids.
I somewhat disagree. Obviously, if there is a defensive minded coach that blows everyone away, you would have to hire him. That said, the problem with G5 schools is the lack of money for assistant coaches and good offensive coordinator hires are very difficult to make on the cheap. Any G5 OC that has demonstrated success will be grabbed quickly by a school that will pay more money and OCs are hard to replace. By having an offensive minded head coach, you are basically hiring the HC as the OC and paying him pretty well. In my opinion, decent defensive coordinators are much easier to find.

Reaction Score
Has to be someone with HC experience and you need someone who just knows how to win. It doesn't matter what level you win at it will translate to bigger and bigger stages. That is because they have plans, organization, and structure, and have learned to adapt to what is around them.

I may be in the minority here but I don't want anyone with UConn ties. Forget the hot names coordinators. Take the guy that just knows how to get the best of the guys they have.
Totally agree the head coach needs experience. I’m not alluding to hire him as head coach. I think it’s a steal for the DL job though seeing as he’s been at UPenn the past couple seasons. The line hasn’t been the same since he left in 2013. DL used to be the best part of the team. Always seemed to get the most out of his guys while churning out many NFL DL at UConn. Gets his guys to play fast and physical. And STOPS THE RUN (which we need badly) Plus all the old players seemed to like Hank a lot. Had lots of players support around him when the head job came open in 2011. Plus was a solid recruiter. Would love him back in building coaching the DL again. Would give me some faith in the defenses ability in upcoming seasons.

Reaction Score
We've had a team that could score points (under Lashlee) and a defense that was simultaneously at the bottom of the country statistically (under Crocker) and we couldn't score enough points to keep us in games. Whether it's an offensive minded coach or a defensive minded coach, there needs to be competency on both sides of the ball.

Reaction Score
For God's sake, this. Whether your HC has an offensive or defensive background, the right coordinator on the other side of the ball can make up for it.

But this needs to be the right person for this job. Someone who wins because the university doesn't care how he does it in terms of who he is bringing in is not going to succeed here. Pretending we are WVU is not going to make us WVU.

Who said anything about pretending to be West Virginia? Can we put together an offensive scheme like Holy Cross for God's sakes.

If we hire another head coach who has never run an offense in his life...... Fool me 4 times I guess.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What also hurts UConn is (even though UConn fans ignore it) the Huskies were always at the bottom of the AAC standings.

So if "the AAC sucks" then that doesn't make UConn look good at all.
AAC sucked as a fit for UConn. AAC sucks that ESPN gave them crappy production on their Watchespn app. The AAC itself is fine. Just a bad fit for UConn all around.

Reaction Score
Key non starter vs Non Key Starter. It was over right there and then.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I know its not cool to criticize grammar, but I feel like there needs to be an exception for the title of such an important, pinned thread. Am I the only one whose brain goes crosswire reading this post title?

Reaction Score
Really only one man for the job. He played college ball at the top level, natural charisma, not afraid of the spotlight, well connected in Florida. He would bring instant positive attention to the program.

Coach Johnson

New team motto: "Know Your Damn Role!"

Attachments

• https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_3bdb257...jpeg
    https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_3bdb257...jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 98

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I know its not cool to criticize grammar, but I feel like there needs to be an exception for the title of such an important, pinned thread. Am I the only one whose brain goes crosswire reading this post title?
That's because you think it's an Abbot & Costello routine.

Reaction Score
Really only one man for the job. He played college ball at the top level, natural charisma, not afraid of the spotlight, well connected in Florida. He would bring instant positive attention to the program.

Coach Johnson

New team motto: "Know Your Damn Role!"
Connecticut native as well!

Reaction Score
Absolutely not. This program needs a do over. I am grateful he is taking over on an interim basis (it would give many pause I am sure) but he should not be considered as the next head coach.
I think these are two disparate issues. If we win 4 games Spanos should be given the key to the city and put in the hall of fame immediately. Anyone not see that show last week?? Is he the long term solution; maybe, maybe not.

Reaction Score
I think these are two disparate issues. If we win 4 games Spanos should be given the key to the city and put in the hall of fame immediately. Anyone not see that show last week?? Is he the long term solution; maybe, maybe not.
And from now on he is Lou Spanish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom