What's Happening at LA Tech [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What's Happening at LA Tech [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
None. No college is going to hire him after this.

Not as a head coach and even if this didn't occur. His record is mediocre at best. But his mom's friends will have his back and he'll get a job as an assistant coach for a men's team in some obscure school so this will die down.

Reaction Score
I was also wondering why the head coach at Marquette got fired and everyone was let go so suddenly at the time. Might not be related to this but I did wonder.

Reaction Score
"I am profoundly disappointed in myself for engaging in a relationship that has negatively affected the people I love, respect and care about the most.

What that means engaging in a relationship negatively affected the people I love?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
"I am profoundly disappointed in myself for engaging in a relationship that has negatively affected the people I love, respect and care about the most.

What that means engaging in a relationship negatively affected the people I love?

It's a mealy-mouthed way of saying he had a sexual or romantic affair with someone other than his wife.

Reaction Score
I was also wondering why the head coach at Marquette got fired and everyone was let go so suddenly at the time. Might not be related to this but I did wonder.

I HIGHLY doubt they are related. If Marquette had knowledge of an inappropriate relationship I'm pretty sure they'd be obligated to tell LaTech.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Apparently (or really) you were/are correct from the article posted herein.
Got to say this---he blamed no one other than himself too full responsibility--refreshing.
Question for other Boneyarder's what does his future in WBB look like-???

Locker room janitor?

Can the entering therapy be far behind? I find it interesting that it cannot be discussed on VolNation.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Since this started as rumor and speculation that proved to be true I'll add some more. Rumor has it that there may be another shoe waiting to drop.

Reaction Score
It's a mealy-mouthed way of saying he had a sexual or romantic affair with someone other than his wife.
I hope it is a female someone....LOL..now anything can happen with this shocking news.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I would call him an idiot. The kid got handed coaching jobs because his last name is Summitt. And he blew what could have been a lifelong postion. How many of you were making a base salary of $175k at 25? Now THAT is stupid.

More proof we are barely out of the trees. Hubris and testosterone, perfect together.

Reaction Score
He took over the job after LA Tech legend Theresa Weatherspoon was fired in mid-March 2014 with a 99-71 record over six years.

Summitt’s annual salary was $175,000. During his tenure he was also reimbursed for use of a personal vehicle for university-related activities and received a country club membership.

Last edited:

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
What would make Tyler a particularly hard hire is that he hasn't done much as a coach. Why would a school want to take on his baggage when, from a coaching reputation perspective, he hasn't much to offer? Lets face it, he got his opportunities because of the Summitt name, and he's now erased that advantage.

I don't know - this may qualify him for a job on Pitino's staff at Louisville

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, I have to say I feel sorry for him. Yep the termination is appropriate...and yes he has no one to blame but himself, but... SMH... just an absolutely stupid thing to do. Especially with his pedigree he should have known that know that an affair with a player is a career ender.

He'll survive, but he's not coaching again, maybe the pros...but I doubt it.

Here's a question...does the student athlete lose her scholarship?

Reaction Score

Sounds like he recommended and invested with Bernie Madoff.:)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Absolutely despicable for an adult to take advantage of a young woman and to cheat on his wife.

And if the other rumor is true it will get even worse.

Awful.

Actually I think he's just a year or two older than the player but as a Coach you can't go there.
(And the wife thing...)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If this an active player on his roster, and if it actually is a situation that travelled with him from Marquette, it is very different than the reported issue with Pokey - neither are appropriate but there is a huge power imbalance in one situation that does not translate as clearly to the other.

I think there is a huge difference between infidelity in general between consenting adults and a situation where one member is either placed in a position of responsibility over the other or is in a position of authority over the other.

And yes - being the front person for any entity is probably not something at least in the short term he will likely be allowed to continue.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So, I have to say I feel sorry for him. Yep the termination is appropriate...and yes he has no one to blame but himself, but... SMH... just an absolutely stupid thing to do. Especially with his pedigree he should have known that know that an affair with a player is a career ender.

He'll survive, but he's not coaching again, maybe the pros...but I doubt it.

Here's a question...does the student athlete lose her scholarship?
Not a chance - the school will bend over backward to try an avoid any type of lawsuit, and when one is filed they will settle as quickly and quietly as possible.

Reaction Score
Actually I think he's just a year or two older than the player but as a Coach you can't go there.
(And the wife thing...)
He's lucky the girl is 22. If it had been a freshman there's a possibility he could face jail time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom