What's Happening at LA Tech [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's Happening at LA Tech [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally I fail to see how this particular offense necessarily would affect his relationship with the foundation, but that's just me. I do believe that as far as WBB he is now toxic and is basically out of the women's game at any level for a very long time. Others may dissagree.

He can try the Pokey Chatman route - coach somewhere in Europe and eventually try to latch on to some WNBA team later on.

Reaction Score
Yes, but it's no longer a rumor. Read the links provided.
I gave you a follow up after I read the Article. Said you are apparently ( really) correct on the "rumor".
I try not to damn --but if found true--admit it... too many innocent people are condemned without facts and that is not the decent thing to do morally or ethically.
\

Reaction Score
He can try the Pokey Chatman route - coach somewhere in Europe and eventually try to latch on to some WNBA team later on.
Good catch---with a short cooling off period -- apparently same offense --didn't have a negative impact on her ability to get a coaching job. Seems like not a big deal in some quarters unless someone charges mis-use of position for "personal" gain which has legal consequences

Reaction Score
Personally I fail to see how this particular offense necessarily would affect his relationship with the foundation, but that's just me. I do believe that as far as WBB he is now toxic and is basically out of the women's game at any level for a very long time. Others may dissagree.
See the posting herein referring to Pokey Chapman at LA and beyond!! Is there gender bias??

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This site was the first to mention yesterday that something was going on at La Tech.

Atticus Finch‏@wbballhoopscoop
http://www.swishappeal.com/2016/4/7/11387 ... and now it's official. LA Tech: open. If press keeps digging they'll find the rabbit hole goes deeper

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Or he can run for public office. The political fallout for cheating on your wife is very minimal in modern times. ;)

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
See the posting herein referring to Pokey Chapman at LA and beyond!! Is there gender bias??
As I said others may disagree. At the HS or College level, I would feel that Pokey and now Tyler would be an extremely hard hire. Administrations would have to stay clear of being put in the position where the coach has a history with the players with which they are charged. Pros? I guess they are adults and are responsible for themselves so I guess I can see a path to a hire. As for me, their situations are the same. No gender bias with me.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Whenever one of these stories breaks, I can't help but think of Tootie:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
As I said others may disagree. At the HS or College level, I would feel that Pokey and now Tyler would be an extremely hard hire. Administrations would have to stay clear of being put in the position where the coach has a history with the players with which they are charged. Pros? I guess they are adults and are responsible for themselves so I guess I can see a path to a hire. As for me, their situations are the same. No gender bias with me.
At the very least he should reach an age where he no longer is a peer of the players.

Reaction Score

Did not intend to infer or imply a disagreement. Not much to disagree with above. I fully appreciate that Pro's don't have to worry about what a prospective recruits parents may think if they hired either Pokey or Tyler which would impact their ability to be hired. To be clear I didn't disagree with your previous posting only directing you to the Chapman comment. It isn't a good situation for Pro's or College male or female coaches to have a personal relationship with those being coached or managed---much more scandalous in College, however.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Some Lady Vol fans say that Holly and Mickie do not get along and they don't see her coming back to the Lady Vols as long as Holly is there.

If LA tec
Conjecture, assumptions, or FACTS?? If not FACTS no need for the son of a legend to be DAMNED without a fair trial in a court other than the court of public opinion. I love rumors as much as the next guy/gal but I've seen family members reputations destroyed by non factual "facts" that proved false upon investigation.
I believe in the (not true belief) that Americans are innocent until PROVEN guilty.

He has resigned as head coach. He has admitted to an inappropriate relationship with one of his players. A player that followed him from Marquette to play on his team at LA Tech. The player has been named. How much more do you need?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Some Lady Vol fans say that Holly and Mickie do not get along and they don't see her coming back to the Lady Vols as long as Holly is there.

Conjecture, assumptions, or FACTS?? If not FACTS no need for the son of a legend to be DAMNED without a fair trial in a court other than the court of public opinion. I love rumors as much as the next guy/gal but I've seen family members reputations destroyed by non factual "facts" that proved false upon investigation.
I believe in the (not true belief) that Americans are innocent until PROVEN guilty.

He has resigned as head coach. He has admitted to an inappropriate relationship with one of his players. A player that followed him from Marquette to play on his team at LA Tech. The player has been named. How much more do you need?

Reaction Score
Even further, sources tell Swish Appeal that Summitt could've been involved in this type of behavior when he was coaching at Marquette.

Goodness.

One of the rumors out today was that the player in question was one of the players that had transferred from Marquette to latech.

Reaction Score
What would make Tyler a particularly hard hire is that he hasn't done much as a coach. Why would a school want to take on his baggage when, from a coaching reputation perspective, he hasn't much to offer? Lets face it, he got his opportunities because of the Summitt name, and he's now erased that advantage.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

He doesn't have the Chatman resume. She was a very good coach that did something stupid and she paid a price. He is a no resume coach that did something stupid. IMO he'll pay a bigger price. He'll be lucky to get a job coaching seniors at the Y.

Reaction Score

Summitts chances at pros seems a stretch. Chatman had at least accomplished something at LSU and provided evidence she was a good coach. Summitt has not. Why would anyone ever hire a coach with baggage and no strong track record? He is done.

Reaction Score
Ha great minds. 3 straight posts saying basically the same thing!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What would make Tyler a particularly hard hire is that he hasn't done much as a coach. Why would a school want to take on his baggage when, from a coaching reputation perspective, he hasn't much to offer? Lets face it, he got his opportunities because of the Summitt name, and he's now erased that advantage.

What? You mean leading a team to two consecutive middle-of-the-pack finishes in Conference USA won't open doors for him?

Reaction Score
Apparently (or really) you were/are correct from the article posted herein.
Got to say this---he blamed no one other than himself too full responsibility--refreshing.
Question for other Boneyarder's what does his future in WBB look like-???

None. No college is going to hire him after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom