What was the Boneyard Like? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

What was the Boneyard Like?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
“He makes other teams give in. He has this incredible ability to get stronger as the game goes on.” - JC

The best part about Taliek is that he knew what he could do and he knew what he couldn’t do - he only took five threes as a senior. Vital will miss that many in the first half of our next game.

All he did was run the offense and cover whichever guard Ben Gordon couldn’t handle. He just wore guys out on defense. Scored a thousand points, had 700 assists, won 100 or so games...there isn’t a soul on this current team that I wouldn’t trade straight up for Taliek Brown.

Worst day of the Boneyard was the day the national championship edition of the Sports Illustrated came out and the Boneyard got namechecked in the first paragraph because of some of the idiots here at the time. One in particular...

Reaction Score
“He makes other teams give in. He has this incredible ability to get stronger as the game goes on.” - JC

The best part about Taliek is that he knew what he could do and he knew what he couldn’t do - he only took five threes as a senior. Vital will miss that many in the first half of our next game.

All he did was run the offense and cover whichever guard Ben Gordon couldn’t handle. He just wore guys out on defense. Scored a thousand points, had 700 assists, won 100 or so games...there isn’t a soul on this current team that I wouldn’t trade straight up for Taliek Brown.

Worst day of the Boneyard was the day the national championship edition of the Sports Illustrated came out and the Boneyard got namechecked in the first paragraph because of some of the idiots here at the time. One in particular...
What was the quote? Now I’m curious

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geez, we'd need gallows set up from XL to Gampel to combat the current state of the program.
I say again, Get 'er done.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What was the quote? Now I’m curious

“Those Boneyarders, especially that one guy, sure are doofuses when it comes to Taliek. It’s hard to be as wrong as some of those guys are, especially that one guy. I don’t know how they even manage to tie their shoes, especially that one guy. So dumb. Especially that one guy. But then again, they do have that other guy who is pretty clever. I bet he’ll have a lot of ‘likes’ if and when the Boneyard ever installs such a feature.” - Jim Calhoun.

I have the issue here somewhere. I’ll look it up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It’s the Boneyard, circa July 2004.

We were with Rivals for the second time and had chosen a red theme because if memory serves, they did not have a blue theme at that point.

I can only make out one of the posters in that thread, FogS54, whoever that is. The topic of the thread - why were we having such good early recruiting success with the class of 2005....so yes, times have changed.

The maturity of the posters, however, remains roughly the same.

PS - She broke the Toshiba. Not then, but later that summer.

D75_DB5_CB-_F877-4_F57-9_A72-0_C26267_E4891.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
“Those Boneyarders, especially that one guy, sure are doofuses when it comes to Taliek. It’s hard to be as wrong as some of those guys are, especially that one guy. I don’t know how they even manage to tie their shoes, especially that one guy. So dumb. Especially that one guy. But then again, they do have that other guy who is pretty clever. I bet he’ll have a lot of ‘likes’ if and when the Boneyard ever installs such a feature.” - Jim Calhoun.

I have the issue here somewhere. I’ll look it up.
Geno called Boneyarders dopes, on TV. Yeah, a lot of what gets posted on the Boneyard is nonsense.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I remember joining but lurking in 2003 right around the first hit the conference took. Back then the info wasn't bad and I got to meet fellow Boneyarders who loved the football program. UMBear(may he rest in peace), Wes Watt(may he rest in peace) and UConnBill(still friends) were the first 3 that I took to an open scrimmage.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Which left you with what, eight, maybe nine computers?

Probably.

But I can honestly say that right now, outside of work, I only have one computer and I rarely ever even use it.

Don’t ask about tablets, though. Still have a bit of a problem there.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the infamous “IAYF” name he used which was short for the line I am your father of Star Wars Fame.

He actually took a month off from posting after Diamond Ferri personally wrecked Boston Colleges big east football championship hopes in 03 I think. It was a lock they would win but in true BC fashion they somehow blew it. Funny thing was he was crowing all week about the championship and it absolutely ruined him. Almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

Last time I ever enjoyed anything Cuse did in sports....

The build up for that game and the aftermath were terrific. The BC posters were, even for them, over-the-top obnoxious. I could be wrong, but I think IAYF banned himself earlier in the season because he had promised to do so if BC lost a conference game that season. When it looked like BC was a lock for BCS bowl, he came back to gloat. He or BCAlum were promising to send "postcards from Tempe" to other posters after BC got the bid to the Fiesta bowl. Instead, the Eagles choked to a Pasqualoni team at home and they ended up in the Tire Bowl. The BC posters disappeared for a month or so, then came back and acted like nothing had happened.

Almost as amusing was the collapse of the 2002-03 BC basketball team. They had beaten UConn convincingly at Gampel earlier in the season and were playing them again in the season finale. The BC posters were confident that their team would win, they would secure first place of the East division of the Big East and they would lock up an NCAA bid. As things played out, the Eagles lost by almost 40, they went 1-1 in the BET and ended up in the NIT.

It's been 13 years, those posters are gone, those boards are gone, but BC has failed to reach a BCS/New Year's 6 or a Final 4 since then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom