OT: - What kind of Car do you drive? Why is it better than the car posted above you? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: What kind of Car do you drive? Why is it better than the car posted above you?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
When I was a kid I used to wonder why the rear “wheel” wouldn’t just slide out of the back frame. Ruined the magic for me.
Can’t unsee that...

Reaction Score
2008 Hyundai Sonata. V6 with some bite to it. 259k with one catalytic converter replacement the only repair made to it other than the usual maintenance. Survived a commute from Plainville to Stamford for 9 years.

Cars aren’t my thing but this car owes me nothing.

Reaction Score
Had the same 1992 Geo Prism. Blue. Nice car except for the fact everyone of the door handles ripped off.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
2015 Ford Taurus SHO. I've got family in the car business and when I want a car, I just tell them roughly what I want. They will get me the best deal available on something similar, so I'm always into a car for a great number but it may not be exactly what I wanted. For example, I bought this in November of 17 and put $1100 into it to make it perfect. I could sell it tomorrow and net $6K, but will drive it for a couple of years and get out of it for what I paid for it.
As for the car, I was skeptical at first, but I really enjoy it. It's lowered and tuned and puts out 420 hp and 400 pound feet torque. It's a great sleeper, rides really well and is pretty darn quick. It's AWD and has a HUGE trunk, which I need for my work. If I can keep out of the pedal, it gets mid 20's for mileage. I've been impressed with it.
The best part is it's black on black and the Taurus is a very popular police cruiser. It's fun to watch people get out of my way and slow down thinking it's an unmarked police car.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2015 Ford Taurus SHO. I've got family in the car business and when I want a car, I just tell them roughly what I want. They will get me the best deal available on something similar, so I'm always into a car for a great number but it may not be exactly what I wanted. For example, I bought this in November of 17 and put $1100 into it to make it perfect. I could sell it tomorrow and net $6K, but will drive it for a couple of years and get out of it for what I paid for it.
As for the car, I was skeptical at first, but I really enjoy it. It's lowered and tuned and puts out 420 hp and 400 pound feet torque. It's a great sleeper, rides really well and is pretty darn quick. It's AWD and has a HUGE trunk, which I need for my work. If I can keep out of the pedal, it gets mid 20's for mileage. I've been impressed with it.
The best part is it's black on black and the Taurus is a very popular police cruiser. It's fun to watch people get out of my way and slow down thinking it's an unmarked police car.

Yeah....but at the end of the day, you drive a Taurus.

Reaction Score
2013-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-black-0-m.jpg

I wouldn't trade it for a single car so far listed in this thread.

Not sure you realize what some of these cars are or represent in the world of cars.

Reaction Score
You’re the guy who bought my car. Who knew.
My brothers first car was a hand me down '92 geo prizm from my grandparents. The ignition was messed up so any key could start the car. Naturally, my brothers friends like taking his car for joy rides because why the hell not? One day after school he came out to see his car was missing. After doing some searching he found it parked on the soccer field lol

Reaction Score
My brothers first car was a hand me down '92 geo prizm from my grandparents. The ignition was messed up so any key could start the car. Naturally, my brothers friends like taking his car for joy rides because why the hell not? One day after school he came out to see his car was missing. After doing some searching he found it parked on the soccer field lol
Nice...I went to high school in Italy in the mid eighties. We used to regularly lift and carry Fiat 500s as pranks...one time to the middle of a beach. When I was a junior, for the senior prank they lifted the headmaster's Fiat 500 and put it in the school courtyard.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We have the same grandparents.

Reaction Score
2008 Hyundai Sonata. V6 with some bite to it. 259k with one catalytic converter replacement the only repair made to it other than the usual maintenance. Survived a commute from Plainville to Stamford for 9 years.

Cars aren’t my thing but this car owes me nothing.
2007 here. Low maintenance, low taxes, low insurance. Still in great shape.

Reaction Score
My daily driver is. 2014 Infiniti Q50s Hybrid.

360HP, fun to drive, looks good, still gets 27-30 mpg(when I’m not having fun driving).

Family ride is 2017 Honda Pilot elite. Can’t go wrong with a Honda.

Reaction Score
Not sure you realize what some of these cars are or represent in the world of cars.

Why don't you tell me, Mr "I drive an old Miata"? Did that car come with male pattern baldness and leather driving gloves, or did you acquire those on your own?

Reaction Score
2008 Toyota Tundra - gotta have 4 wheel drive in CNY. Once you have a truck, you can't go back, too.

Best vehicle I ever owned was a 1996 4Runner. That sucker could go through anything.
2008 Toyota Tundra - gotta have 4 wheel drive in CNY. Once you have a truck, you can't go back, too.

Best vehicle I ever owned was a 1996 4Runner. That sucker could go through anything.

Reaction Score
I have TWO Honda Odysseys to carry my 3 kids, 2 dogs, and wife. Yes, it is a shot to my manliness to have a collection of minivans. I compensate by lifting weights and drinking beer.
The Honda Odyssey is vastly underrated. May be a mini van, but it looks good, is a dream for traveling, and has surprising power. We had one for 8 years or so.

Reaction Score
Keep waiting for someone to post something less glamourous than the 2012 Ford Fusion with 47 K miles.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Loved my 1997 4Runner. Pricey, but I may go back once my Colorado dies.

Reaction Score
True, but not just any Taurus. It could be worse, I could have to suffer with a Jeep.
Best part of this thread, the guy who drives a Jeep Wrangler is taking digs at what other people drive. He loves it so much he's trying to sell it...
Resized_Screenshot_20180425-003702001_2956.jpg

Reaction Score
Best part of this thread, the guy who drives a Jeep Wrangler is taking digs at what other people drive. He loves it so much he's trying to sell it...
View attachment 30950

I don’t have an online picture of my own, dummy. That’s the closest I could find on google images. You know, like 90% of the other pictures in this thread?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
2014 Audi A4 S-Line

It’s a car and will be expensive over 100k miles.

Reaction Score
Look at that resale value though? A wrangler will be my next vehicle!

They hold their resale amazingly well. I traded in a 2004 Wrangler last year. Soft top, 190,000 miles, no power anything, no AC, needed brakes and tires and got 5,000 from the dealer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom