OT: - What kind of Car do you drive? Why is it better than the car posted above you? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: What kind of Car do you drive? Why is it better than the car posted above you?

Reaction Score
Thanks Buddy. I’m not going to beat a Bentley but I did trade in my Honda Odyssey 2006 with 190000 miles for a 2010 E550 Benz with all the bells and whistles. Middle life crisis car at the advice of my wife who said I should drive a better car because I’m an Attorney.
I liked not having a car payment but the Honda’s sliding back doors stopped working and one would actually fall off when opened.

Reaction Score
I have no car anymore. No need for one in Amsterdam. Parking fees are huge. You can get everywhere with trolleys, bus and train. Big expense gone from my life. Last car I owned in the states was a 1940 Mercury. Sold it right before I moved over here. Also had some Jap car I don't even remember what it was.

Reaction Score
2013-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-black-0-m.jpg

I wouldn't trade it for a single car so far listed in this thread.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring. Previous vehicle was an 05 Ford Explorer. The Ford was great for New England winters but a no go for Florida. I get great gas mileage, very comfortable and with all the toys.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Have 4 but the only one that matters is the 2 door Jeep Wrangler JK 6 speed. More fun than a barrel of monkeys

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
2017 Prius, mostly driven by Mrs Zone. . 2017 Kia Sedona, great for when the kids and grand children visit. Holds 8 easily.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
2013-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-black-0-m.jpg

I wouldn't trade it for a single car so far listed in this thread.
Does it hold a lot of stuff for blue lot tailgating? That’s all I care about.
I have a boring 2011 Pilot but it is a good hauler.

Reaction Score
2013 Infiniti G37X - bought certified pre-owned for half the price in 2015 with 14K miles on it. Up to 45K now, hope to drive this thing into the ground. It was my plan for my last car as well, a 2009 Maxima, until a 94 year old woman cut me off and car was totaled with under 60K miles on it.

The G37X works for me. Has some power and AWD so no issues in the snow.

Reaction Score
Does it hold a lot of stuff for blue lot tailgating? That’s all I care about.
I have a boring 2011 Pilot but it is a good hauler.

The back holds the equivalent of two trunks because of the boxed out back and height of it. And the seats fold down for more I feel you need it.

Oh and the top and all four doors come off if you just want to blast good music and meet your dorky friend with a Pilot who brought all the tailgate gear.

Reaction Score
1964 Honda S600. Better than any German car due to the roller bearing crank and 11,000 RPM redline.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I got a 2012 Mazda CX-5. Gets good gas mileage for an SUV and drives like a car vs a SUV. Is full paid off and has 103k miles. Bought it when my wife was pregnant with our first and she totalled her Mazda 6 that same summer and got the same car. Doesn't have tons of pick up which is the trade off for getting better gas mileage. Was first car I ever owned that wasn't stick. I think that was the hardest part for me as I loved driving manual cars. However,y wife can now be the DD if needed. Tried teaching her how to drive stick before kids and that didn't go well!

Will say, my first car was an '86 Volvo station wagon that was stick. That thing was a tank. It sat as high as an SUV and was solid metal. Had 180k miles on it and the front grill was missing. Best part was it was rear wheel drive so my dad made me toss some salt bags in the back in the winter. I'll never forget that car. It was awesome!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As to the OP @Stainmaster, you are suggesting price point is a real constraint. You are definitely in the $10k or less price range. Worst mistake you can make is buy on price.

All your choices are relatively similar on insurance and gas mileage. Buy a car that is sound.

Unscheduled Maint will kill your budget. A few posters have mentioned engine calves or transmissions blown. If you are buying I your price range, an $800+ repair will takes months to overcome.

Plenty of options. To me exterior color is less important than interior. You spend wayore time inside your car than you do looking at it from the outside.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
As to the OP @Stainmaster, you are suggesting price point is a real constraint. You are definitely in the $10k or less price range. Worst mistake you can make is buy on price.

All your choices are relatively similar on insurance and gas mileage. Buy a car that is sound.

Unscheduled Maint will kill your budget. A few posters have mentioned engine calves or transmissions blown. If you are buying I your price range, an $800+ repair will takes months to overcome.

Plenty of options. To me exterior color is less important than interior. You spend wayore time inside your car than you do looking at it from the outside.

Wrong thread

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

And my little pudgy friend Barney just puts his feet up and doesn't provide any horsepower. Barney doesn't believe in "ten toes in"
When I was a kid I used to wonder why the rear “wheel” wouldn’t just slide out of the back frame. Ruined the magic for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom