OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
I haven’t left the house since last Thursday evening. Went to mbb game @Gampel. So. Glad I did. My son did grocery shopping today from a list I gave him. Called me twice . Took him over 2hrs came home with 1/4th of items. Saved me a to of $$$$.my other sons and my 2 grandsons are got cooks. Me, not so much. I hate cooking and so does this son.

Reaction Score
Y
Yeah, I heard that right after my post. Shows on the 8th, so now I have to look for their refund procedure.

I had tickets to the Goodspeed this Sat. They cancelled. They will refund.

Reaction Score
When you jog, you are alone. No issues. Exercise bc you are obese, you are going to die anyway. 100 people died, imagine the real denominator. 100 out of 10 million? Like the normal flu people. But go jog bc you are obese.

Reaction Score
I am becoming very cognizant of what I'm touching in public. Was at the Mall in Waterbury and realized I was holding the rails on the escalators. My wife told me immediately when she saw me do this. Well on the way back up I touched it again, and jerked my hand like it was the 3rd line.

Have hand sanitizer in the car, but we have yet to stock up for Armageddon.

I'm somewhat cutting back on public places, and am becoming conscientious when buying groceries, shopping (touchy/feely), and even greeting friends. I so much want to go about my usual activities but this bombardment of updates (mostly scary stuff) has my mind so occupied when out of the house.

Also I have started to actually notice how frequently I am touching my face.

So crazy cuz a week ago, none of this was an issue.
Literally none. It's not going to affect you to any remote extent to make you act any different than usual. That's the media talking, and nothing more.

Reaction Score
One other concern that no one has mentioned is pay. No work! No pay. So we decided to tightened our belts. No spending other than food and utilities. Pay only what is necessary. Don’t know how long this is going to last. China the gift that keeps on giving,
Indeed. And this is why EVERYONE should resist the "OMG everyone stay home" nonsense with every fiber of their being. If everyone does, it's all over. Quite literally.

Reaction Score
This is the money item. Get a handle on this and your risk of infection declines precipitously. For me my weaknesses I rub my eyes. That’s the habit that I have to break.
Doubtful. While avoiding it may be a non-zero reduction in your risk, it's not that far off. If you are in range of someone that has it, you're likely to get it, regardless. And then you'll get better. FACT.

Reaction Score
We should probably all be buying guns

Are you sure I need more than I already have?

I'm always looking for a new shotgun, but my wife thinks I have enough. Perhaps I can tell her that the-boneyard says we should probably all be buying guns. Worth a shot I suppose.

Reaction Score
Indeed. And this is why EVERYONE should resist the "OMG everyone stay home" nonsense with every fiber of their being. If everyone does, it's all over. Quite literally.
I have medical issues and I am being told by people who don't wear masks "OMG stay home". Every hear of trying to contain transmission? If transmission is not contained, it'll be over. Might as well skip WW3.

Reaction Score
Y

I had tickets to the Goodspeed this Sat. They cancelled. They will refund.
Got this email last night:

'Thanks so much for your order through Broadway.com. As a precaution due to COVID-19, all Broadway performances have been canceled, effective immediately, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced today.</pBroadway shows have been canceled through April 12, 2020. Since you are a Broadway.com customer who hold tickets for a performance date during this period you will see a credit on your statement within thirty days.'

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Doubtful. While avoiding it may be a non-zero reduction in your risk, it's not that far off. If you are in range of someone that has it, you're likely to get it, regardless. And then you'll get better. FACT.
Not so much. Though there is evidence that the disease is aerosol , which is unusual, transmission is most often going to be touching a contaminated surface followed by touching your mouth, nose or eyes.

Most people will get better, some will not.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I live in mamaroneck ny, and people are totally panicking!
We have been disinfecting everything every day!
Not really worried about me or my family BUT I'm really worried about my wife's parents :(

Reaction Score
This week has gone from "business as usual" to my daughter's school being closed for at least 2 weeks and my company is full time WFH "until further notice" and some anticipate that could be as long as 2 months.

It's a weird feeling. I'm stocked up pretty well here and would imagine I'll be going 2-3 days at a clip with no actual human interaction for a while.

Reaction Score
Literally none. It's not going to affect you to any remote extent to make you act any different than usual. That's the media talking, and nothing more.
The response is not about its impact to healthy individuals. The response is about flattening the curve so that the at-risk population does not totally overwhelm the medical system. Please listen to doctors and experts and give up the tough guy act.

Reaction Score
Friends are telling me that the Walmarts, Targets and others the shelves are barren. Even toilet paper is scooped up. Why not implement a minimum purchase amount in times like these?

Panic has set in.

Reaction Score
Friends are telling me that the Walmarts, Targets and others the shelves are barren. Even toilet paper is scooped up. Why not implement a minimum purchase amount in times like these?

Panic has set in.
Most stores have limited how much toilet paper you can buy. It stinks for me, I've been going through 12-15 rolls per day and my usage seems to be increasing each day.

Reaction Score
The response is not about its impact to healthy individuals. The response is about flattening the curve so that the at-risk population does not totally overwhelm the medical system. Please listen to doctors and experts and give up the tough guy act.

So basically we're canceling a world meant for young people in order to protect old people who will continue to vote to ruin our planet, segregate our country, and wreck our economy from themselves.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Most stores have limited how much toilet paper you can buy. It stinks for me, I've been going through 12-15 rolls per day and my usage seems to be increasing each day.
You really need to stop pushing poop around like a heathen and get a bidet seat instead.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So basically we're canceling a world meant for young people in order to protect old people who will continue to vote to ruin our planet, segregate our country, and wreck our economy from themselves.
We're limiting the risk of exposure in order to avoid pushing our healthcare system to breaking point. Two years from now the vast majority of us (@70%) will have been exposed to COVID-19. Spreading that exposure out over time means that the hospitals will be able to handle the additional load.

Reaction Score
This is an incredibly bad take for a number of reasons. We all need to take necessary precautions to help manage the spread of this.

Reaction Score

If hospitals are full of coronavirus patients, there's not a lot of room for 20-somethings who just got into a car wreck.

Or anyone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom