OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
That's the worst thing about this. I flew to Texas last week and found out that a person in the building I went to tested positive. One of well over a thousand.

Now here I am with what is normally seasonal allergy sinus issues, since it's so warm and the pollen count is up (plus I always get dried out after flying). But....it makes you wonder. Do I have it? Should I self isolate?

I'm concerned that somebody will sneeze in a public place and cause a panic with people getting trampled. The milder version of this is indistinguishable from ordinary cold and allergy related issues.

In the same boat. Sinusy. All clogged up. Im scared to sniffle or cough in public.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
In the same boat. Sinusy. All clogged up. Im scared to sniffle or cough in public.

Yeah, here too. Yesterday I had to break out the HydroPlus for first time in like 18 months. Thankfully it rained a bit to knock down some of the pollen, but it wasn't a fun day. If anyone saw me hacking while walking the dog, they probably would've called in an emergency response team.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Another possibility is hypertension is more prevalent in that cohort; hence, higher mortality due to respiratory / renal failure. not sure if this is behind paywall:

First if you are relying on THIS PLACE (and it's not the good place!) for advice (health, legal, marital, pizza) you came to the wrong place because it's infested with hobo's and transients that Fishy monitors as throat punching targets.

next the important thing is to follow directions from the ones who do know. And they want us to wash hands, socially isolate, and be aware of surroundings and ourselves. Stay home if ill (or better yet, go visit your congressional representatives!)

What will happen, will happen - we can't prevent it from happening but we can change the direction and magnitude (The flatten the curve thing.)

Oh and Italy is an exceptionally poor model for predicting what will happen here. demographics are not easily compared due to age, social habits, etc..
man, that's sum good mulch right thar. yeppers, some dang good mulch right there. i'd like it twice if I could.

Reaction Score
Right there with ya. Just joked that I sneezed at the bar and a guy pulled a knife on me. Didn’t really happen but did get several bad stares. I sneeze all night every night after my swim workouts due to the chlorine, but no chance explaining that these days.

Reaction Score
philly is trying to discourage fans from coming to flyers games. good luck with that!

2B57DFB4-11B2-4E34-A4DA-E0443634B82C.jpeg

Reaction Score
UConn has suspended in person classes beginning March 23- April 6 (at least)

Reaction Score
Definitely avoiding eating out, movie theaters, etc for the time being. My oldest came back from a trip to Pennsylvania on Monday with a slight cold and we went to the doctor much more quickly than we normally would have. Everything was fine, but the anxiety that just that incident caused was enough to get the rest of my immediate family into "disaster prep" mode. I worry more about my 80 year old mother than anything. She is still pretty active and I'm not sure she is going to let any "damn virus" slow her down.

Reaction Score
Two interesting points just heard on ESPN:

SF just banned gatherings of 1,000 people or more. That includes the Warriors games.

1) Do you think the NBA is prepared to play their playoffs in empty arenas? The commentator said their budgeting for next year assumes "hundreds of millions" in revenue from this year's postseason. Are they prepared to lose that level of money? Or cancel/postpone the playoffs?

2) What happens if/when the first pro athlete tests positive for it? Say someone in the NBA tested positive tomorrow? Do they immediately place the NBA on pause?

Hmm. That was a timely post.

Reaction Score
Utah Jazz Rudy Gobert tested positive. We know locker rooms and everything basketball. This can't be good.

Linky

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
My wife and I had intended on driving to Columbus today for the Pens-Blue Jackets game, but obviously that got shot down. Called the hotel yesterday evening once it was announced fans wouldn’t be allowed in to cancel our reservation and was told we still had to pay the full amount despite the circumstances.

Currently balancing my personal frustration with the absolute astonishment how ill-prepared we are as a country for something like this.

Reaction Score
My wife and I had intended on driving to Columbus today for the Pens-Blue Jackets game, but obviously that got shot down. Called the hotel yesterday evening once it was announced fans wouldn’t be allowed in to cancel our reservation and was told we still had to pay the full amount despite the circumstances.

Currently balancing my personal frustration with the absolute astonishment how ill-prepared we are as a country for something like this.
I hear you. Checked my airline tickets for a trip next month and my $150 insurance policy specifically excludes epidemics.

Reaction Score
Booked all my air travel with Southwest which allows free changes or cancellations where they bank the funds for future tickets. My wife and I will limit where we go. Last night she shopped at Stop and Shop at 10:30 pm when it was empty. Next stop Peapod.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

if it's a 3-star or higher hotel brand, I'd call the gm there and if that doesn't work, corporate hq. Do that before writing the scathing TripAdvisor review. And if they refund you (they should), write a positive review.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So the woman who said she had a high fever and cough the night before but was "fine now"? She lasted all of two hours (which is just long enough to lick the door handles, light switches, copiers and coffee machines. Today her husband came in went into her office and for two minutes and left. Not sure what that is about.

Geesh, just stay home if you are sick until this thing over. I'm feeling like Col. Jessup at this point.

1584022781913.png

"You put people's lives in danger..."

Reaction Score
My wife and I are (maybe were) planning to drive to Washington DC to stay Tues night through Sat night and drive back on Sunday- we live in southern New Hampshire. So far, museums like Smithsonian are still open, but some large crowd activities connected to Cherry Blossom Festival are cancelled. I'm checking our reservation place through VRBO to see what cancellation policy is, probably 48 hours advance notice but not sure. I'm thinking we would have same chance of getting sick staying in New Hampshire and going to work/shopping etc as we would if we still went to DC. But if Smithsonian closes, then that would be deal breaker for me. With my luck, they'll make decision to close on day we drive down & we'll learn about it upon arrival. I'm 62 and wife is 54 and neither of us has other health conditions.

Reaction Score
Donavan Mitchell of Utah Jazz now the 2nd player infected. Closing NBA arenas very prudent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom