OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
if it's a 3-star or higher hotel brand, I'd call the gm there and if that doesn't work, corporate hq. Do that before writing the scathing TripAdvisor review. And if they refund you (they should), write a positive review.

It’s a Hilton Canopy property. I’ll give it a shot. I spoke with the manager and tried citing my Honors status to see if that would help, but no dice.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I bet even the 55-60 contingent was thinking, "Who are these old farts on stage?"
Nope, Peter Noone still kicks ass on stage. He does a better "Start Me Up" than Jagger these days.

Reaction Score
Just realized I brought B'way tix for April, good seats too. I'll walk in with mask, hand sanitizer and gloves if I have to. Will be walking to the theaters though (no subway).

Of course that's if the show goes on.

Also the Mrs just called me and told me that the schools are closing in our District. There goes my 8 hours of peace (I work from home). At least I can keep her safe, as she is the type that won't stay still/home.

Problem with school closings is that Nurses also have kids, and they need to be at work. This ain't a small issue.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Has anyone here really changed their life? Aside from washing my hands more, I have changed nothing. All these leagues are just stoking more fear.

Reaction Score
Has anyone here really changed their life? Aside from washing my hands more, I have changed nothing. All these leagues are just stoking more fear.

My wife started working from home yesterday for the forseeable future. She works in Boston commuting via public transportation, so we were as proactive as possible in minimizing her exposure.

Reaction Score
It’s a Hilton Canopy property. I’ll give it a shot. I spoke with the manager and tried citing my Honors status to see if that would help, but no dice.
Hopefully you are gold or higher...they announced this morning that all current reservations, even those described as non-cancellable, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hrs before arrival.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Hopefully you are gold or higher...they announced this morning that all current reservations, even those described as non-cancellable, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hrs before arrival.

Just got off the phone with Hilton Honors and, hysterically, because I cancelled yesterday before they enacted this policy, they cannot refund me the cost.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Fear is a choice, as is precaution. The intent - the purpose - is to flatten the curve, not to instill fear. That one chooses fear over precaution is a personal one. Flattening the curve is not difficult nor onerous, it is simply wise and "proper" thing to do.
Me, I'm more grizzly bear, which if you are unaware has no flight or fight response. Its response is always fight. So my social distancing and increased hygiene is not a flight response, it's a fight response. Just because I can't see the opponent, doesn't mean it does deserve a beating that I can and will deliver.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20200312-123719_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
My daughter's boss and coworker went to London last week. Both returned to work Monday, and then told to stay home and self quarantine.

My daughter texted me this afternoon that she is in the ER. She was not feeling well the last few days. She went to the clinic near Boston but they don't have CV test kits, so they sent her to the hospital. She's on a gurney, they said something about admitting, texting me every 3 minutes. Lots of silly stuff (nervousness) but I've got to be a dad. She's 3 hours away and lives alone. Mom doesn't know yet, and she's an extreme worry wart.

My daughter doesn't have a fever, I guess that's great news, right?

Edit: She just texted me that they have a real CV case that's active at the hospital (not her). Its in Burlington MA for anyone near there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just realized I brought B'way tix for April, good seats too. I'll walk in with mask, hand sanitizer and gloves if I have to. Will be walking to the theaters though (no subway).

Of course that's if the show goes on.

Also the Mrs just called me and told me that the schools are closing in our District. There goes my 8 hours of peace (I work from home). At least I can keep her safe, as she is the type that won't stay still/home.

Problem with school closings is that Nurses also have kids, and they need to be at work. This ain't a small issue.
Broadway is CLOSED: Governor Cuomo says lights will go out on New York shows and bans gatherings of more than 500 people
Starting Friday at 5pm, gatherings with 500 people or more will not be permitted in NYS. Additionally, for facilities with an occupancy of 500 or fewer, we are reducing the legal capacity by 50%.'
This ban includes Broadway theaters in Manhattan, New York City, which all seat upwards of 500 people and where the ban will start at 5pm Thursday and continue until April 12 - dwarfing the theater district's two-day closure after the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the city.

Reaction Score
Broadway is CLOSED: Governor Cuomo says lights will go out on New York shows and bans gatherings of more than 500 people
Starting Friday at 5pm, gatherings with 500 people or more will not be permitted in NYS. Additionally, for facilities with an occupancy of 500 or fewer, we are reducing the legal capacity by 50%.'
This ban includes Broadway theaters in Manhattan, New York City, which all seat upwards of 500 people and where the ban will start at 5pm Thursday and continue until April 12 - dwarfing the theater district's two-day closure after the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the city.
Yeah, I heard that right after my post. Shows on the 8th, so now I have to look for their refund procedure.

Reaction Score
A head cold, runny nose by itself is not Coronavirus. You would need to have fever and even then it would have to be confirmed.

Reaction Score
I think everyone has changed their lives. Where exactly do you live?

Reaction Score
My friend who works at Hartford Hospital said CT. can only run 20 tests a day currently.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom