What are you binge watching? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
I don't know how far West the range is for cardinals, but nowhere near me. So pretty! I did see one once when visiting my brother in Ohio.
Northern Cardinals are native as far west as the Tucson area. There are some scattered colonies in LA and San Diego areas, but these are thought to be introduced birds, or escapees from the bird markets in Tijuana. More info on the Cornell Ornithology website.
I don't know how far West the range is for cardinals, but nowhere near me. So pretty! I did see one once when visiting my brother in Ohio.

Reaction Score
Hogan’s Heroes, Barney Miller, Detectorists (Acorn), James Bond films and live racing on TVG

Reaction Score
I have the complete set of HGWT series on DVD. I remember watching them when they were aired weekly in the late 50's and early 60's. I was too young then to remember the plots or appreciate Paladin's intrepid character. HGWT was always one of my favorites TV westerns. I've seen each episode at least twice. I continue to watch episodes that are aired on TV now.

HGWT is also featured on "Oldtime Radio." You can listen to these and many other programs for free. Here is a sample: Strange Vendetta. "Have Gun Will Travel," the 106 episode radio Western created by Sam Rolfe & Herb Meadow (starring John Dehner as Paladin) was broadcast on CBS radio from November 23, 1958 to November 22, 1960.

My favorite OTR program is The Lone Ranger. Brace Beemer was the voice of the "masked man" for most of these recordings.

View attachment 53339

I listen to these recordings at least 3-4 times a week. Some of my favorite TV personalities wore masks: The Lone Range, Walt Disney's Zorro (Guy Williams) etc. HE was the first Zorro I saw as a child. Those other Zorros are Johnny-come-lately to me, even though the Zorro character was portrayed by several actors on the big screen prior to this TV series. Tyrone Power (The mark of Zorro) in 1940 being one of them.

Another OTR western program you might enjoy if you like westerns is "Luke Slaughter of Tombstone" featuring the voice of character actor Sam Buffington as Luke Slaughter. His voice is very similar to William Conrad (Cannon). I highly recommend this series. Only 16 episodes were produced. :(

OTR also features BIG Band Music of which I am a fan, even though 90% of it was produced before my arrival. :)
Another link to Oldtime Radio.

I'm now watching episodes of Bat Masterson (Gene Barry) and Tombstone Territory (Pat Conway). I've found a new appreciation for these shows that I did not have before. I've set my DVR to record all episodes of these programs, and watch them at my leisure. Happy viewing and listening everyone. :)
Carnac, I've downloaded a huge bundle of westerns from OTR. I go to a site named Calfikller. That might be where you got yours. I have the complete Shadow series, Gunsmoke and Six Shooter (with James Stewart). I've downloaded many to my Ipod and find it great while working outdoors.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Northern Cardinals are native as far west as the Tucson area. There are some scattered colonies in LA and San Diego areas, but these are thought to be introduced birds, or escapees from the bird markets in Tijuana. More info on the Cornell Ornithology website.

Okay, so it's not so much that they don't appear out west, but they don't come north and west.

Reaction Score
We just finished The English Game with a double-header. It's like Downton Abbey with soccer.
We enjoyed the English Game which is a six part miniseries on Netflix. It is based on a true story. Not surprising that there is a bit of Downton Abbey here as it was developed by Julian Fellowes who was the creator of Downton Abbey.
We also like Outlander which is now in its 5th season. It is currently on Starz but you can get the first three seasons on Netflix.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm not binge watching, I'm binge reading. I had heard the Harry Potter books were different from the movies so I started my free Kindle trial on Amazon. I'm averaging a book a day. Some are very different.
Instead try reading George RR Martin's Song of Ice And Fire. It's a far richer and mature experience.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Witcher, The Boys, Lucifer, Marvelous Mrs. Maiser (again). I want to see Belgravia next
I liked The Witcher and The Boys. With GOT gone The Witcher was the next best thing, although far the lesser.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
We enjoyed the English Game which is a six part miniseries on Netflix. It is based on a true story. Not surprising that there is a bit of Downton Abbey here as it was developed by Julian Fellowes who was the creator of Downton Abbey.
We also like Outlander which is now in its 5th season. It is currently on Starz but you can get the first three seasons on Netflix.
One of the actresses in The English Game, Niamh Walsh, played in the series Jamestown. She is a rising star in Great Britain ,and in her native Ireland. Talented and quite lovely lady.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
After working in the yard for a few hours I settle down in front of the tv and start going thru the channels. It was so much simpler years ago when we had three or four. Now we have to decide between six or seven hundred. I don't know what you are choosing but so far I've watched Gunsmoke's with future stars in minor roles. Harrison
Ford, Richard Dryfuss, Charles Bronson and I'm sure many others. Any names to add to Gunmoke or any other older programs?
I skip the "working in the yard for a few hours" and just settle down to watching. If you have Amazon Prime, they are offering a 30 day free trial to Mhz channel which features series from many European studios. Nearly all are foreign language with subtitles. Some interesting stuff we do not see much here. They tend to be more of the "noir" genre than typical American made shows. But well done generally.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Some suggestions we have recently watched that I have not seen listed.
  • The Outsider (Prime I think). Steven King story, very well done. Sucks you in.
  • Locke & Key (Netflix) quite well done, creepy, suspenseful but fairly family friendly
  • Hunters (Prime) - quite well done, keeps your attention

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Caught up with recent seasons of Narcos Mexico, Mindhunter, Ozark, tried getting into a couple mentioned above but they didn't take. Now slogging through The Crown, has its moments, but still kind of a slog now that Churchill is out of the picture.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Watching the Crown, which is kind of more scenery and costume . Started Mozart in the Jungle last week and its a keeper.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Just watched Netflix Fauda seasons 1-3 and Narcos seasons 1-2. Really enjoyed both shows. Will skip Narcos 3 since Escobar not there anymore. Probably will watch Narcos Mexico next.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just watched Netflix Fauda seasons 1-3 and Narcos seasons 1-2. Really enjoyed both shows. Will skip Narcos 3 since Escobar not there anymore. Probably will watch Narcos Mexico next.

Narcos 3 is excellent. There hasn't been a bad season to the show yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom