triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Why am I not surprised.......

a.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have been churning through a lot of Netflix and Prime mentioned above. Currently doing DCI Banks, The Wire, Banshee, Silent Witness, Carnivale, Bosch and Carnival Row on Prime. Redoing Lillyhammer on Netflix and Dexter too. Trying to see something weird called Money Heist to the end. Border Town just getting into.

Reaction Score
The great courses has been free on tv so I am watching The French Rievoultion and The Black Death.

Reaction Score
Al Pacino's Hunters and I'm now on Star Trek- Picard - I'm liking both :D

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I'm not a big TV person so the only things I have been watching are my cameras in the woods. There are a fair number of critters in the area - fox, opossums, owls, hawks, deer, raccoons and a bear - that I have caught on camera. Because most of the animals aren't as active during the daytime I put up a bird feeder. This clip was captured about 20 min ago -Bird Feeder
Best viewed in full screen

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Other series that we have watched include "Eureka"

That's another series I really enjoyed initially, but lost interest eventually.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I just saw its starting back up again. I'm still watching but not sure why.

It's still going? I thought it was in it's last season a year or two ago. Head bang

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I put up a bird feeder. This clip was captured about 20 min ago -Bird Feeder

I don't know how far West the range is for cardinals, but nowhere near me. So pretty! I did see one once when visiting my brother in Ohio.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jumped the shark is perfect for that show. I really enjoyed it , and then it just went off the rails. Must have lost the head writer or something. :(

They painted themselves into a corner with Jane's condition, and then it all unraveled. They really lost me with the way they handled Tori Anderson's character.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Any names to add to Gunmoke or any other older programs?
I nominate Perry Mason. I've seen Robert Redford, James Coburn and Burt Reynolds on there. One episode they tried to pin the murder on Miss Landers from "Leave It to Beaver". Of course Miss Landers was innocent. I was stunned the case made it to trial.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I haven't tried re-watching it, but "Justified" stayed relatively consistent thru about 7 seasons or so. A bit of variation from year to year, they pretty much had a different main antagonist each year, although it was really always about Walton Goggins and Timothy Olyphant. That's my nomination for what to binge watch.

Reaction Score
Besides some of the obvious: Homeland, Better Call Saul, Peep Show, and Justified here are some really great ones:

Hanna
Deep State
Luther
Money Heist

happy viewing
Loved Hanna (series) and Hanna (movie w/ Saorise Ronan) - same storyline.

You could try Fortitude (UK) and/or Trapped (Icelandic with subtitles) both thrillers.

There is also the Science Fiction genre, Altered Carbon and Travellers

A simple little Canadian whodunit is Motive.

Reaction Score
When I was about 10 I had black double-holster Paladin 6 gun set, complete with black cowboy hat and "Have Gun Will Travel" calling cards. I WAS Wire Paladin.

Have Gun, Will Travel" reads the card of a man
A knight without armor in a savage land
A fast gun for hire heeds the calling wind
And they call him... Paladin

View attachment 53178

[/QUOTe There was a guy named George Avak who had a bar on Rt. 6 in Farmington. His claim to fame was that he was one of the fastest draws in the world. He actually went to Hollywood and gave Richard Boone lessons in the fast draw. Funny story. We started to have mv accidents almost every night in from of his bar. Turned out he had put a couple of go-go dancers in the front window, Guess where the driver's attention went as they drove by.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The great courses has been free on tv so I am watching The French Rievoultion and The Black Death.
The Black death seems grotesquely appropriate! :eek:
I nominate Perry Mason. I've seen Robert Redford, James Coburn and Burt Reynolds on there. One episode they tried to pin the murder on Miss Landers from "Leave It to Beaver". Of course Miss Landers was innocent. I was stunned the case made it to trial.
I always thought the perennial loser Prosecutor Hamilton Burger was named so just to toy with us. I mean Ham Burger! Come on ;)

Reaction Score
I haven't tried re-watching it, but "Justified" stayed relatively consistent thru about 7 seasons or so. A bit of variation from year to year, they pretty much had a different main antagonist each year, although it was really always about Walton Goggins and Timothy Olyphant. That's my nomination for what to binge watch.
Isn't Walton Goggins multi-faceted? He was a villainous police officer in "The Shield", a sympathetic outlaw in "Justified", and now a widower in a comedy, "The Unicorn". Aside from Timothy Olyphant I think he was the most interesting character on "Justified".

Reaction Score
I remember the good old days when going on a binge involved drinking way too much. My buddy used to say let's stop for a couple. But I soon discovered he meant days! ;)
Bama, when we finished basic training we were in a repo depot for a week so we went down to Savanna to a boxing match. Went to a bar after that and they told me when I woke up in my bunk the next morning that I passed out on the dance floor. It was God's way of telling me to "Be a Pepper".

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Isn't Walton Goggins multi-faceted? He was a villainous police officer in "The Shield", a sympathetic outlaw in "Justified", and now a widower in a comedy, "The Unicorn". Aside from Timothy Olyphant I think he was the most interesting character on "Justified".

Both were great in that series. The whole dynamic w/ sometimes allies, sometimes nemesis, with a long complicated past with each other created intrigue.

I thought there were a number of other good performances by minor characters. Nick Searcy as the chief, Jacob Pitts as Olyphant's colleague, Kaitlyn Dever off and on, and Joelle Carter and Natalie Zea was the women who played a major role in Goggins' and Olyphant's lives.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big TV person so the only things I have been watching are my cameras in the woods. There are a fair number of critters in the area - fox, opossums, owls, hawks, deer, raccoons and a bear - that I have caught on camera. Because most of the animals aren't as active during the daytime I put up a bird feeder. This clip was captured about 20 min ago -Bird Feeder
Great camera work, C. They are one of the most colorful birds in Ct. We usually have five or six around and almost always a male and female are together.

Reaction Score
The Black death seems grotesquely appropriate! :eek:

I always thought the perennial loser Prosecutor Hamilton Burger was named so just to toy with us. I mean Ham Burger! Come on ;)
[/QUOTE If you were a criminal you would love him for the prosecutor. He never won a case.

Reaction Score
Ozark
Killing Eve
Little Fires Everywhere
Was recommended to watch Money Heist which I haven’t started yet

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I have been watching the celebrity mystery guest segment of "What's My Line?" on YouTube. Sports figures who have appeared include Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Althea Gibson, Jesse Owens, Vince Lombardi, Casey Stengel and Willie Mays.

The show aired from the early fifties to the mid sixties and reflects that era...though not always in a good way. I was surprised that Bennett Cerf, a regular panelist who founded Random House, routinely calls women "girls" and inquires about gender by asking what "sex" someone is. (The panelists are blindfolded during the celebrity guest segment). Cerf also said on one show, "It literally breaks my heart..." I doubt that. I shouldn't care about this but I guess I expected more from someone in the publishing field. (Yes, yes, I'm going to remove the 2 X 4 from my...oh, never mind).

Sigh, I need some sports programming back in my TV life.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
video is of actress Jodie Comer, from Killing Eve

She's amazing! Season 1 started out great, then went down hill. Season 2 was kind of a mess. Jodie is the only reason I've stuck w/ the series (Season 3 starting the end of April I think).

edited--I'm wrong again. Season 3 started last Sunday. I missed it in real time, but just streamed it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom