What are you binge watching? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Thought of a couple more recommendations. "Community" was really fun, irreverent, funny for several seasons. Several changes in the cast, by the time Donald Glover and Chevy Chases left it wasn't the same. Really enjoyed both Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs in this.

Another series that started out great and then just got lost in it's own mythology and turned into a muddled mess was "Orphan Black." Similar to Jodie Comer in "Killing Eve," Tatiana Maslany was amazing in this. Played about a half dozen different characters and managed to convey that each had a distinct personality. And multiple times one of the characters impersonated one of the other characters, and she managed to convey that effectively.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
When I was about 10 I had black double-holster Paladin 6 gun set, complete with black cowboy hat and "Have Gun Will Travel" calling cards. I WAS Wire Paladin.

Have Gun, Will Travel" reads the card of a man
A knight without armor in a savage land
A fast gun for hire heeds the calling wind
And they call him... Paladin

View attachment 53178
So, what would you charge to make my boyfriend disappear?

1587082070633.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Have tried 3 of Guy's recommendations

I'm pretty sure the only one of his featured joints I've been in is a Chinese place in Fairbanks, AK. It was great!

edit--whoops, outside of Fairbanks in North Pole, AK.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed that show for 2 or 3 seasons. It started trailing off for me and probably jumped the shark several times. I stopped watching before the series wrapped up.
So did I. It was so promising at the start though.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Al Pacino's Hunters and I'm now on Star Trek- Picard - I'm liking both :D
I loved "Picard", but "Hunters", which seemed right up my alley (I mean killing nazi's? Sign me up and line 'em up), was just so predictable, and at times just plain awful.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
The Affair
Better call Saul
Big Little Lies
Billions
Chernobyl
Homeland
Killing Eve
Succession

video is of actress Jodie Comer, from Killing Eve

Killing Eve! Another genius show (along with Fleabag) by Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Loved Hanna (series) and Hanna (movie w/ Saorise Ronan) - same storyline.

You could try Fortitude (UK) and/or Trapped (Icelandic with subtitles) both thrillers.

There is also the Science Fiction genre, Altered Carbon and Travellers

A simple little Canadian whodunit is Motive.
I loved Travellers as well. Smart and fun. Altered Carbon was wildly uneven, but I enjoyed season 2 more than season 1.

JordyG

Reaction Score
A show that's been consistently good throughout its seasons has been "The Handmaid's Tale", although where the show goes from last seasons end point is beyond my ken.

It seems the pace of "MIndhunters" isn't for everyone. The are no car chases, gun fights, or brawls. Just smart people in rooms trying to understand the inexplicable. Trying figure and reconfigure the minds of sociopaths and psychopaths. To me it was harrowing and the performances were spot on.

For those who have never seen the greatness of "Breaking Bad" now is the time. Some of it is incomparable to anything ever brought to screen or cinema.

If you love Sci-Fi as I do "Star Trek Discovery" is a real heady entry into this world.

The first season of "Goliath" was so good it was criminal (okay, excuse the pun).

I love "Jack Ryan" even though it isn't always as good as it should be. It was consistently better than "Hunters" though, and by a mile.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Veep
re-watching Schitt's Creek and Derry Girls.
IMHO Schitt's Creek is the best sitcom ever. So well done, funny, clever, with laugh out loud moments in every episode.

I mentioned Sex Education and Pennyworth earlier in this thread...

October Faction - a fun surprisingly interesting series about a family who hunts monsters
Locke and Key - another surprisingly good series about a house that has a bunch of magic hidden keys

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am an Oak Island follower. DIY always fills the gap in the evening.
Musically, I missed the Eagles band in the 70s so I am visiting You Tube for everything on the Eagles. Also, a young drummer from Germany has a website where she has maybe hundreds of covers, Sina Drums. She is 20 and very talented.

JordyG

Reaction Score
More reading than watching TV, but I did watch the Expanse. Maybe the best Sci Fi in years. Oak Island is always a good choice, also.
The books were phenomenal. After the first year and a half the series bored me speechless. Although seriously uneven the new "Star Trek Discovery" beat it in all areas. I also found "Carnival Row", "The Mandalorian" and "Watchmen" far more interesting. Especially "Watchmen".

JordyG

Reaction Score
I am an Oak Island follower. DIY always fills the gap in the evening.
Musically, I missed the Eagles band in the 70s so I am visiting You Tube for everything on the Eagles. Also, a young drummer from Germany has a website where she has maybe hundreds of covers, Sina Drums. She is 20 and very talented.
After Steely Dan my favorite American rock band.

JordyG

Reaction Score
IMHO Schitt's Creek is the best sitcom ever. So well done, funny, clever, with laugh out loud moments in every episode.

I mentioned Sex Education and Pennyworth earlier in this thread...

October Faction - a fun surprisingly interesting series about a family who hunts monsters
Locke and Key - another surprisingly good series about a house that has a bunch of magic hidden keys
I liked "October Faction". I took a quick peek at "Locke And Key" and thought it another child centric "kids save the world" improbability and passed on it. It isn't that, is it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom