What are you binge watching? | Page 17 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
Finally jumped into Lucifer.

He is the more charismatic character on tv.

It’s him and red reddington battling head to head (although nbc is working hard to ruin it by going woke to end it).

This guy is fantastic.

The dialogue is clever and funny at the same time.

The cases are just an excuse to get even more quips out of the star of the show. And that’s totally ok.

Great popcorn tv
We just finished Lucifer and loved it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
We just finished Lucifer and loved it.

i just finished s4, which took a very dark turn.

and humanized Lucifer more than ever

it was very polarizing for me

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Xfinity has a sneak peak of HBO going on this weekend. I'm gonna try several original shows--The Nevers, Mare of Easttown, maybe The White Lotus.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Xfinity has a sneak peak of HBO going on this weekend. I'm gonna try several original shows--The Nevers, Mare of Easttown, maybe The White Lotus.

I‘m already a subscriber but they just issued a new annual plan that is a decent discount over the monthly plan, so I switched

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OK, so I blasted thru Mare of Easttown. Have watched 2 eps of The Nevers, not quite decided on that yet. They don't have the whole series available but I got to see the pilot of Doom Patrol, that looks to have potential.

Reaction Score
After watching the first episode of Outer Banks to appease the hearty recommendations from my students, we're totally hooked and I'm shameless to say so. Up to season 1, episode 5 and we're deep in it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I started Lucifer this week based on this thread. Solid premise, great start, but it's wearing thin on me and I'm S2E7. Getting way too formulaic. At this point I find Ellis to be more compelling when he's on the dramatic side as the one-liners and "of course it's about me" is played out and tired. I'll probably keep with it into S4 to see what earlier posters were alluding to, but I'm not finding it as compelling as others here. But as I don't sub to any premium channels, there's not much else worth binging at the moment.

I'll add that mom is ridiculously hot and along with Amenadiel has the most interesting story arc in S2.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Watched "Midnight Mass," kinda disappointed how it turned out but

Started it last night. So please no spoilers. Through 2 episodes I like it a lot. The writing is brilliant and very believable. The portrayals of religion are constant, and word because they are so accurately done. The acting is very good. Let's see where it goes.

Reaction Score
Started it last night. So please no spoilers. Through 2 episodes I like it a lot. The writing is brilliant and very believable. The portrayals of religion are constant, and word because they are so accurately done. The acting is very good. Let's see where it goes.

Wont say anything, it's very well done. When you finish it let me know your thoughts.

Reaction Score
Wont say anything, it's very well done. When you finish it let me know your thoughts.
I just finished it and I really liked the show. However, I didnt love the final episode. It felt a bit too heavy handed in wrapping up every loose end.

Reaction Score
I just finished it and I really liked the show. However, I didnt love the final episode. It felt a bit too heavy handed in wrapping up every loose end.
I just felt like the big reveal with the vampires was pretty disappointing. The beast reminded me of like a jeepers creepers creature. If they are going the vampire theme wouldnt crosses hurt them as well but the priest wears one? i dont know. it was all bizarre.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I liked this season of Billions. I also am liking the final season of Vikings.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I might re-watch both seasons of Succession. That show is incredible.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
"The Billion Dollar Code" (Netflix) - I enjoyed it. Only four episodes so easy to crush in a day or two. Based on a real story of Google patent infringement vs a German company called Terravision. More entertaining to me than The Social Network was, and none of the leads are really creepy people like Zuckerberg. YMMV.

Reaction Score
Wife and I watched all available episodes of American Rust on Showtime in one night. It's a crime drama and a limited series (9 episodes). Jeff Daniels and Maura Tierney are excellent. Reminds me a little of Mare of Easttown as it takes place in small town PA.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I got Paramount+ to watch World Cup qualifying. Since I have it, I started binging Star Trek Discovery. Really the only original content that interests me on that service. It starts really slowly, building characters at a pace that is almost boring. But then that starts to pay off and 2/3 the way through season 1 I'm not eager to watch the next episode. Jason Isaacs is really good in a role that fits him well. Sonequa Martin-Green is the real star (and a babe), I didn't immediately recognize her as Sasha from The Walking Dead.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Clickbait on Netflix....after 1 episode, 2 at the most, you are in for the finish. 8 episodes.
I have it on my list but haven't watched yet. That's quite an endorsement.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Watched up through episode 4 of The Squid Game. It's entertaining, but also weird. There still is no real story here yet.

the Q

Reaction Score
Why did no one warn me how bad Lucifer s6 is?

I adore the first 5.

But s6 has been cringey so far

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Why did no one warn me how bad Lucifer s6 is?

I adore the first 5.

But s6 has been cringey so far
I got through all 6 seasons, but I was tired of most of the characters halfway through S3. To me, S5 was the cringiest. Back when Moonlighting ran out of ideas and started doing musical and b&w noir episodes, it was groundbreaking, if dumb. Every other show that's gone that route since is just dumb.

Anyway, there is a payoff in the last 2-3 episodes since you've gotten this far.

the Q

Reaction Score
I got through all 6 seasons, but I was tired of most of the characters halfway through S3. To me, S5 was the cringiest. Back when Moonlighting ran out of ideas and started doing musical and b&w noir episodes, it was groundbreaking, if dumb. Every other show that's gone that route since is just dumb.

Anyway, there is a payoff in the last 2-3 episodes since you've gotten this far.

I just got through the wedding episode with Adam.

It was awful. Awful. The last few episodes in particular have been really bad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom