What are you binge watching? | Page 18 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I got through all 6 seasons, but I was tired of most of the characters halfway through S3. To me, S5 was the cringiest. Back when Moonlighting ran out of ideas and started doing musical and b&w noir episodes, it was groundbreaking, if dumb. Every other show that's gone that route since is just dumb.

Anyway, there is a payoff in the last 2-3 episodes since you've gotten this far.

Btw totally agreed on the musical and noir comment

the Q

Reaction Score
I got through all 6 seasons, but I was tired of most of the characters halfway through S3. To me, S5 was the cringiest. Back when Moonlighting ran out of ideas and started doing musical and b&w noir episodes, it was groundbreaking, if dumb. Every other show that's gone that route since is just dumb.

Anyway, there is a payoff in the last 2-3 episodes since you've gotten this far.

I finished.

It was good.

But maybe it’s just cause time travel doesn’t make sense but they never totally explain it.

Or if they do it’s done poorly

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Goliath season 4 is very good as was squid game
Goliath S4 is indeed good. Saving the finale for tonight. And Nina Ariana (Patty) really is a terrific actress, one of the best on TV at the moment. I could easily see her headlining a series in the near future.

While I enjoyed Squid Game, man, there were a few characters that were just so over-the-top bad (and I don't mean bad in any flattering way), that it did temper the enjoyment somewhat. Also very predictable. But the lead who was the winner (and who didn't know he was going to win) is off-kilter enough to make him and the show compelling.

Reaction Score
Goliath S4 is indeed good. Saving the finale for tonight. And Nina Ariana (Patty) really is a terrific actress, one of the best on TV at the moment. I could easily see her headlining a series in the near future.

While I enjoyed Squid Game, man, there were a few characters that were just so over-the-top bad (and I don't mean bad in any flattering way), that it did temper the enjoyment somewhat. Also very predictable. But the lead who was the winner (and who didn't know he was going to win) is off-kilter enough to make him and the show compelling.
Goliath season four is by far and away the best in the series. Must see TV.

Reaction Score
Goliath: 1 and 4 were really good. 2 & 3 lacking. Glad they got it together for the finale

Finished Billions this week. Seasons 1 and 2 were enjoyable then it falls off sharply

succession picks up right where it left

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Got totally sucked into "Clickbait." The last episode though pretty much is ruining the whole series. I watched 7 episodes for this?

the Q

Reaction Score
Got totally sucked into "Clickbait." The last episode though pretty much is ruining the whole series. I watched 7 episodes for this?

Change it to seasons and that’s how I felt about HIMYM lol

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'd checked out before the finale, but I gathered it was largely hated.

Reaction Score

I had the same thought about the musical numbers. Felt more than a little self-indulgent.

Reaction Score
Was just saying this to the friend that had recommended the series to me. I thought they did a solid job through the first seven episodes and then drop the ball like that was disappointing.

the Q

Reaction Score
I had the same thought about the musical numbers. Felt more than a little self-indulgent.

Yeah. It wasn’t really necessary. Didn’t add to the story

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just finished the two seasons (20 eps) of Swedish Dicks. It's an oddball Swedish comedy starring Peter Stromire (Fargo) as a stuntman turned PI. It's one of those shows that starts slowly, but after 3-4 episodes you find yourself sticking with it as the characters grow on you and while the plot lines are usually pretty dumb, each episode becomes more absurd and enjoyable. For what was basically an unknown series, it has a fairly robust number of "star" cameos and recurring characters, Tracy Lords as the competition, Anthony LaPaglia (actually playing an Aussie), Frances Fisher as a prison warden. Clients include John Heder, Haley Joel Osment, and Eric Roberts. And most surprisingly, half the episodes feature Keanu Reeves as Stromire's best friend, a former stuntman turned hitman. Vivian Bang is a total hoot as a North Korean defector who regularly helps the Dicks solve crimes. Ended S2 on a cliffhanger, so they were likely expecting a 3rd season that didn't materialize.

Reaction Score

Before that show lost it's fastball, it had an incredible run. Just a fun show for people of that age, and people who understand the randomness of NYC single life / night life.

I miss it, but it wasn't a masterpiece. So few sitcoms that I can tolerate these days.

the Q

Reaction Score
Before that show lost it's fastball, it had an incredible run. Just a fun show for people of that age, and people who understand the randomness of NYC single life / night life.

I miss it, but it wasn't a masterpiece. So few sitcoms that I can tolerate these days.

It should’ve walked off with the Victoria seasoning ending, and rumors were it was supposed to, but it was making so much money.

The last 2 seasons are just a disaster

Reaction Score
It should’ve walked off with the Victoria seasoning ending, and rumors were it was supposed to, but it was making so much money.

The last 2 seasons are just a disaster
I did like the actual “mother” and part of me would have like to see another season of them all interacting. I was just bewildered that, THAT was what they decided to do to wrap it up.

the Q

Reaction Score
I did like the actual “mother” and part of me would have like to see another season of them all interacting. I was just bewildered that, THAT was what they decided to do to wrap it up.

I kinda figured what happened to be the end case…was what was going on considering it took 9 seasons for her to show up.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If you get HULU, I highly recommend DOPESICK. They release one episode a week, they are on episode 4 so far. All about the scourge of Opiods, Oxycontin and Perdue Phatma in particular.

Reaction Score
I worked my way through See on Apple. It really wasn’t as bad as the reviews. It’s pretty clever.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Only Murders in the Building. Streaming on Hulu. Stars Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez. The three stars live in a building in NYC (a very nice building). Steve Martin is an old TV actor. Martin Short an old Broadway director. All three like true crime podcasts, and when someone dies, they proceed to investigate. This is fun and funny, especially around episode 3 when a well known musician (who has done some acting) makes and extended cameo. Really quite enjoyable. Selena Gomez is back in a "straight-man" role that plays to the strengths she showed in WoWP.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Only Murders in the Building. Streaming on Hulu. Stars Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez. The three stars live in a building in NYC (a very nice building). Steve Martin is an old TV actor. Martin Short an old Broadway director. All three like true crime podcasts, and when someone dies, they proceed to investigate. This is fun and funny, especially around episode 3 when a well known musician (who has done some acting) makes and extended cameo. Really quite enjoyable. Selena Gomez is back in a "straight-man" role that plays to the strengths she showed in WoWP.
Good friends of ours recommended this to us a couple months ago. I think this is next for us.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It refers to an episode of "Happy Days" when Fonzie jumped over a shark tank on a motorcycle. Basically when a show has run out of stories and character arcs and has to resort to totally outlandish gimmicks, it has jumped the shark. IMO many shows go too long and end up at that point.

But the show definitely started out well and I enjoyed the various characters and their chemistry together.

edit--oops, Fonzie jumped a shark while water skiing, not on a motorcycle

Funny thing is the shows rating did go up.

Reaction Score
I got through Squid Games over the weekend. I really liked it. The campy overacting was a bit much in spots, but I liked the twists and turns it took. And I am sure I missed a ton of little things like what certain symbols represent....or the music choices played at certain times. Like someone mentioned when he played that game where they slammed the envelopes in the subway station, the color envelope he chose dictated whether he was a player or a game administrator/cop? I don't know if that's true, but i'm sure there are plenty of easter eggs like that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have run out of things to watch on Netflix. There is just too much crap on that service. I did subscribe to AMCPlus and have been pretty happy so far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Just got Hulu, so that opens up some possibilities. I've been wanting to watch "Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23" for a while, finally get to. Saw the first 3 episodes last night. Enjoying it so far. Krysten Ritter is hilarious as just an awful person.

the Q

Reaction Score
Just got Hulu, so that opens up some possibilities. I've been wanting to watch "Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23" for a while, finally get to. Saw the first 3 episodes last night. Enjoying it so far. Krysten Ritter is hilarious as just an awful person.

You’ll love Jessica Jones on Netflix then. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom