What are you binge watching? | Page 19 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anybody else watch Locke & Key on Netflix? It is likely considered a "Young Adult" series, but then so is Harry Potter. Ultimately, I think it's pretty well done and the key aspect is interesting. It's not like most magic/horror shows. Season 2 just landed and we watched the first two episodes.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
She's great in that. Sexy as hell too.

I prefer the sister. Who was also scorching hot In transformers

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just got Hulu, so that opens up some possibilities. I've been wanting to watch "Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23" for a while, finally get to. Saw the first 3 episodes last night. Enjoying it so far. Krysten Ritter is hilarious as just an awful person.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Skip season 1.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Skip season 1.
I've seen bits and pieces of that on regular TV over the years. I enjoyed "The Mick" and I think Kaitlin Olson is basically the same character in both shows.

Reaction Score
Goliath: 1 and 4 were really good. 2 & 3 lacking. Glad they got it together for the finale

Finished Billions this week. Seasons 1 and 2 were enjoyable then it falls off sharply

succession picks up right where it left
I started episode 4 season 2 Goliath the other night and had to give up on the show. Season 1 was entertaining and as season 2 is going along it's just turned into gratuitous violence and torture which serves no purpose. It doesn't move the plot along at all and is just disgusting to watch.

the Q

Reaction Score
I started episode 4 season 2 Goliath the other night and had to give up on the show. Season 1 was entertaining and as season 2 is going along it's just turned into gratuitous violence and torture which serves no purpose. It doesn't move the plot along at all and is just disgusting to watch.

Thanks for letting me know that I have to watch it now. Lol

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I've seen bits and pieces of that on regular TV over the years. I enjoyed "The Mick" and I think Kaitlin Olson is basically the same character in both shows.

I never saw the Mick. Sunny is one of the best, most ruthless comedies ever put on television.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just finished "Manhunt", a 3-part series from England. On Prime. Based on a true story. Pure police procedural stuff, no violence. Solid acting, very, very dry at times, but the details of how the case was investigated, the volume of manpower involved, the drudgery, and the waiting until everything came together was still compelling.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Tonight's episode of Succession was one of the best episodes I have ever seen of any show.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
About halfway thru Season 2 of "Don't Trust the B..." Losing steam. A bit one note, keeps using the same gags. I don't think I've seen Dreama Walker in anything else. She's kind of like a hybrid of Jane Levy and Gillian Jacobs.

Now I've shifted to the season of Veronica Mars that was produced by Hulu. Fairly good.

the Q

Reaction Score
About halfway thru Season 2 of "Don't Trust the B..." Losing steam. A bit one note, keeps using the same gags. I don't think I've seen Dreama Walker in anything else. She's kind of like a hybrid of Jane Levy and Gillian Jacobs.

Now I've shifted to the season of Veronica Mars that was produced by Hulu. Fairly good.

Yeah. It’s a decent season considering how much was going against it

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought there were only 10 eps of season 2 of Don't Trust the B. There are 19. Still got a while to go. Hulu has the eps hopelessly out of order. She quit working as a barista and finally got a job w/ a financial firm...and in following eps was back at the coffee shop. Episode 10 probably was actually #2 or #3, since she'd just arrived in NYC. How hard is it to get it right? And James Van Der Beek just booked Dancing With the Stars in the last episode...even though most of the season up to that point was about him obsessing about it and then crashing and burning.

I should mention I like Eric Andre's character. Independently his brand of comedy appears to go for over the top and shocking, but in the show he is quite restrained.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought there were only 10 eps of season 2 of Don't Trust the B. There are 19. Still got a while to go. Hulu has the eps hopelessly out of order. She quit working as a barista and finally got a job w/ a financial firm...and in following eps was back at the coffee shop. Episode 10 probably was actually #2 or #3, since she'd just arrived in NYC. How hard is it to get it right? And James Van Der Beek just booked Dancing With the Stars in the last episode...even though most of the season up to that point was about him obsessing about it and then crashing and burning.

I should mention I like Eric Andre's character. Independently his brand of comedy appears to go for over the top and shocking, but in the show he is quite restrained.

We should have a separate thread about the technology ratings of the streaming services:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After a few dud episodes, Don't Trust the B finished off strong. Too bad it only lasted 2 seasons.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kin on AMCPlus is pretty good.

Narcos Mexico Season 3 is off to a great start.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have lost track of how many times I have seen something in Narcos, assumed it was literary license, and looked it up and found out it was true.

The scene at the end of Episode 3 of season 3 of Narcos Mexico is sick.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Is anybody watching The Great on Hulu. Loved season 1 and season 2 has now dropped. Nicholas Hoult as Peter is absolutely hilarious. Elle Fanning is super cute as Catherine the Great and the whole cast is really good. Super entertaining. Funny, bawdy, sexy and clever.

the Q

Reaction Score
Is anybody watching The Great on Hulu. Loved season 1 and season 2 has now dropped. Nicholas Hoult as Peter is absolutely hilarious. Elle Fanning is super cute as Catherine the Great and the whole cast is really good. Super entertaining. Funny, bawdy, sexy and clever.
Russian history how?
Ivan iv should get some run as well.

Reaction Score
I got through all 6 seasons, but I was tired of most of the characters halfway through S3. To me, S5 was the cringiest. Back when Moonlighting ran out of ideas and started doing musical and b&w noir episodes, it was groundbreaking, if dumb. Every other show that's gone that route since is just dumb.

Anyway, there is a payoff in the last 2-3 episodes since you've gotten this far.
I'm most of the way through S5 and I am getting bored with it. I'll definitely finish it but it's clear they're running out of ideas

Reaction Score
Late Saturday night & last night I watched "The Billion Dollar Code" on Netflix. It's a short series about 2 guys in Germany who invented & patented the forerunner of Google Earth in the 90's & later sued Google over copyright infringement. Based on a true story.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I generally avoid adult cartoons even though when I do watch the occasional episode of Simpsons or South Park I almost always get a few laughs. Although I'm a Bill Burr fan, I never watched a single episode of F Is For Family. Until this week. It is hysterical, although it's possible it's only hysterical to people who grew up in the barbaric 60s/70s.

I like that it's a linear storyline, not a bunch of one-off episodes. Well into S3 now.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I will soon be watching season 3 of Lost in Space on Netflix. Really liked the first two seasons. Feels like this third one has been a long time in coming.

the Q

Reaction Score
I just finished Arli$$.

The 90s/2000s show about a sports agent

No idea what I’ll watch next

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads