What are you binge watching? | Page 15 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
I don’t binge watch. But I liked Mythic Quest and Physical on Apple.
Just finished Physical. Apple is quickly becoming my #1 trusted source for new content. Really enjoyed it. The music and vibe of it with a really good storyline? Great performance by the lead actress. Two thumbs up.

Reaction Score
Just finished Physical. Apple is quickly becoming my #1 trusted source for new content. Really enjoyed it. The music and vibe of it with a really good storyline? Great performance by the lead actress. Two thumbs up.
Same.

For All Mankind is awesome too!

Reaction Score
Just finished The Man in the HIgh Castle. Started off a bit meh but then picked up and got really good before ultimately falling flat in the final season.
Also finished the first 4 seasons of Rick and Morty. Silly but very entertaining and funny.
Im watching The Pacific on HBO and so far so good about 6 episodes in.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm now on a 3rd/4th watch of Ted Lasso. Wife didn't want to see it. So I binged it. Convinced her and she loved it, so I watched again. Daughter walked in when we were watching the latest, so we started a 3rd watch (for me). Then my nephew came to visit around episode 6, so we reset back to episode 1. Finally got to last Friday's episode last night.

Reaction Score
I'm now on a 3rd/4th watch of Ted Lasso. Wife didn't want to see it. So I binged it. Convinced her and she loved it, so I watched again. Daughter walked in when we were watching the latest, so we started a 3rd watch (for me). Then my nephew came to visit around episode 6, so we reset back to episode 1. Finally got to last Friday's episode last night.

That show is such an impressive blend of adult humor and wholesomeness. Sudeikis is a genius.

Reaction Score
Things the wife and/or I have ran through the past couple of months:

Mare of Easttown
Hacks
FBoy Island (total watchable trash, ongoing)
Led Tasso (ongoing)
Alone
Big Timber (pretty hilarious!)
A couple seasons of Survivor
Schmigadoon
Masterchef (ongoing)
Handmaid Tale s4
Master of None s3 (total borefest)
White Lotus (ongoing)
Rick and Morty (ongoing)
Fleabag s2
Maniac
100 Foot Wave (ongoing)
Kevin Can F Himself
Made for Love
Solar Opposites
WandaVision
Sweet Tooth
Castelvania
Dave (ongoing)

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Led Tasso (ongoing)
Is this about taking over pork shoulder operations in Louisiana?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Anybody watching War of the Worlds on EPIX? It stars Gabriel Byrne, Lea Drucker, Daisy Edgar-Jones and Elizabeth McGovern. As an adaptation of the H.G. Wells classic, it's quite well done. It is largely set in France and London. The writing is good, the acting is good. The large ensemble cast and multiple locations make it feel a bit like early seasons of The Walking Dead. People start coming together, each with pieces of information about the aliens. Of course they also have to survive long enough to make that information useful. I am just into season 2, and learned that season 3 has been picked up.

Reaction Score
Anybody watching War of the Worlds on EPIX? It stars Gabriel Byrne, Lea Drucker, Daisy Edgar-Jones and Elizabeth McGovern. As an adaptation of the H.G. Wells classic, it's quite well done. It is largely set in France and London. The writing is good, the acting is good. The large ensemble cast and multiple locations make it feel a bit like early seasons of The Walking Dead. People start coming together, each with pieces of information about the aliens. Of course they also have to survive long enough to make that information useful. I am just into season 2, and learned that season 3 has been picked up.

I watch it when Epix is free periodically. My cousin made much of the promotional art for it.

Reaction Score
Led Tasso

The Mosquito Coast-kinda lame

For All Mankind-Alternative history of the space race, Awesome, from the maker of Battlestar Galactica. 10/10 would recommend

Mythic Quest-Not Led Tasso good but good.

100 Foot Wave-Compelling doc about big wave surfers

Loki-Very good

WandaVision: boring, haven’t finished it

Mandalorian-Like a kids show. Haven’t finished.

White Lotus

Mare of Easttown

Physical-Love it. Every Beta soy boy’s worst nightmare.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Mare of Easttown
Hacks
FBoy Island (total watchable trash, ongoing)
Led Tasso (ongoing)
Alone
Big Timber (pretty hilarious!)
A couple seasons of Survivor
Schmigadoon
Masterchef (ongoing)
Handmaid Tale s4
Master of None s3 (total borefest)
White Lotus (ongoing)
Rick and Morty (ongoing)
Fleabag s2
Maniac
100 Foot Wave (ongoing)
Kevin Can F Himself
Made for Love
Solar Opposites
WandaVision
Sweet Tooth
Castelvania
Dave (ongoing)
What do you think of Schmigadoon? I'm on the fence. It okay, I feel like it will get better if I stay with it but ... eh.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Led Tasso

The Mosquito Coast-kinda lame

For All Mankind-Alternative history of the space race, Awesome, from the maker of Battlestar Galactica. 10/10 would recommend

Mythic Quest-Not Led Tasso good but good.

100 Foot Wave-Compelling doc about big wave surfers

Loki-Very good

WandaVision: boring, haven’t finished it

Mandalorian-Like a kids show. Haven’t finished.

White Lotus

Mare of Easttown

Physical-Love it. Every Beta soy boy’s worst nightmare.

WandaVision gets a lot less boring as it goes. Clever show.

Where do you watch 100 foot wave? I've seen some documentaries about Mavericks and other extreme surfing locations.

May give Mythic Quest a go, that looked like a kids show. Not sure how Mandalorian is a kids show. Loved it.

Reaction Score
WandaVision gets a lot less boring as it goes. Clever show.

Where do you watch 100 foot wave? I've seen some documentaries about Mavericks and other extreme surfing locations.

May give Mythic Quest a go, that looked like a kids show. Not sure how Mandalorian is a kids show. Loved it.
I watched three episodes. When will it get good? Marvel is for soy boys anyways.

Reaction Score
What do you think of Schmigadoon? I'm on the fence. It okay, I feel like it will get better if I stay with it but ... eh.
I am not a musical fan, it’s a wifey show. I put up with it. Maybe a chuckle or two an episode. I doubt we finish it honestly, she’s not all that enthused with it.

Reaction Score
I watched three episodes. When will it get good? Marvel is for soy boys anyways.
Pretty much right where you are at. I’m no fanboy but it’s worth seeing through Zoo.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

You quit right before the story started to unfold. But if you don't like Marvel, it is what it is. Elizabeth Olson remains easy on the eyes at least.

Reaction Score
The Cabin with Bert Kreischer - Netflix

Over the last few months, I've "discovered" Tom Segura and really enjoy his standup and now lately his podcasts, one with his wife and one with Bert Kreischer.

I haven't seen much of Kreischer's stand up, but tried this show last night. It's a pretty funny concept: after a life of fast-living, Kreischer leaves his wife and kids for time in a cabin to recenter and find balance in his life. Instead, each episode, he invites different comedians to talk about life and partake is various therapy treatments.

While the concept of the show is mostly fictional, some interesting conversations with the comedians.

It's just one season and five episodes long, so after two episodes last night, I'll finish it through.

Reaction Score
The Cabin with Bert Kreischer - Netflix

Over the last few months, I've "discovered" Tom Segura and really enjoy his standup and now lately his podcasts, one with his wife and one with Bert Kreischer.

I haven't seen much of Kreischer's stand up, but tried this show last night. It's a pretty funny concept: after a life of fast-living, Kreischer leaves his wife and kids for time in a cabin to recenter and find balance in his life. Instead, each episode, he invites different comedians to talk about life and partake is various therapy treatments.

While the concept of the show is mostly fictional, some interesting conversations with the comedians.

It's just one season and five episodes long, so after two episodes last night, I'll finish it through.
I listen to standups in the background to fall asleep and have had Bert's playing this week. If you like Tom Segura's I suspect you'll like his standups too

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I listen to standups in the background to fall asleep and have had Bert's playing this week. If you like Tom Segura's I suspect you'll like his standups too
I should probably try to just listen to Bert. I cannot stand watching him shirtless. To date, I haven't found him particularly funny, but audio w/o video might allow the material to stand up for itself. Segura is on the cusp of owning the deadpan niche.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been watching the Dick Cavett Show nightly at 9:00 on the Decades channel, a station I never knew I had.

These shows are like time capsules and the variety of guests and where the conversations go is almost always riveting. In the past week alone, Maximilian Schell, Sally Field, Duke Ellington, Dr. Jack Oliver (seismologist who discovered plate tectonics), Mohammed Ali, Jeanne Moreau, Attorney General Richard Kleindienst, Sly Stone.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I've been watching the Dick Cavett Show nightly at 9:00 on the Decades channel, a station I never knew I had.

These shows are like time capsules and the variety of guests and where the conversations go is almost always riveting. In the past week alone, Maximilian Schell, Sally Field, Duke Ellington, Dr. Jack Oliver (seismologist who discovered plate tectonics), Mohammed Ali, Jeanne Moreau, Attorney General Richard Kleindienst, Sly Stone.
Those Cavett interviews are amazing. It's enjoyable to watch an interview where the objective isn't promoting whatever the guest was working on. The interview are slow at times...but i enjoy the pace.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Those Cavett interviews are amazing. It's enjoyable to watch an interview where the objective isn't promoting whatever the guest was working on. The interview are slow at times...but i enjoy the pace.
I love that the guests almost always stay on when the other ones come out, so by the end you frequently have some very interesting tangents. Watching Maximilian Schell essentially take over the interviewer's role with Sally Field (once she mentioned wanting to a nude scene in her next project) was fascinating.

Ali was on the night before he was fighting Floyd Patterson, and two nights after the then-reigning heavyweight champ Joe Frazier had been on. Apparently Cavett had egged on Frazier to talk some smack about Ali, so Ali was in classic form to give it back--and he did. It was great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom