OT: - What’s the biggest hardo thing you do out of principal? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: What’s the biggest hardo thing you do out of principal?

Reaction Score
Those are studies made to confirm a set idea. In reality, the only reason starting the merge when you pass the "merge left" sign doesn't work is because of the people who pull out of the slowing line of traffic and into the one that ends ahead, to pass those who slowed down to let people merge seamlessly. Then they try to force their way back in at the last second.
In my case I was referring to a stoped line of traffic. For example one time going to the Big E and there was a line of traffic a 1/2 mile to a mile long. There were people bypassing the whole line and driving right up to the exit attempting to cut the line. I hugged the car ahead of me and didn't allow them in. Fortunately a Mass. state cop saw what was going on and started sending the line cutters away. I don't understand why some people think this is okay.

Reaction Score
My hardo side gets triggered like crazy any time I check out at a store and the cashier says "Are you a member of our rewards program?" and I always say "No" and then they ask "Would you like to sign up?"

For some reason, this drives me nuts and I have embarrassed my daughter and girlfriend on many occasions with my sarcastic responses.

You should be embarrassed. They are just doing their job. They are required to ask. They get judged according to how many sales they make. Just politely say "No, thank you".

Reaction Score
If someone tries to pass me on the right I speed up to try and box them in.
Drove back to school this morning, about an hour and a half drive. Dude in the fast lane is on his phone and going slow. I'm behind him of course. I started riding him a bit and he gets pissed at me and gives me some dumb look when I drive by once he moves over. People are annoying

Reaction Score
I refuse to use luggage with wheels. Bonus can always squeeze into overhead, but mostly a man should be able to carry his own bag.

I can carry my own bag.

I can also get through O'Hare a hell of a lot faster with that bag on wheels.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
People seem to be assuming that I’m driving slow in the left lane which is not the case. That drives me nuts as well. But when I’m going 80 and there’s a car in front of me and I can see the guy behind weaving in and out jockeying for position... I’m not gonna just let him cut in front of me.

Reaction Score
Drove back to school this morning, about an hour and a half drive. Dude in the fast lane is on his phone and going slow. I'm behind him of course. I started riding him a bit and he gets pissed at me and gives me some dumb look when I drive by once he moves over. People are annoying
If one's unwavering policy is to swerve at slow left lane drivers or get in front of them and slow down - then that is the kind of thing that belongs in the hardo genre.

If people want to complain about supermarket checkouts and slow drivers I think that belongs in the 'Man shakes fist at Cloud' thread.

Reaction Score
I can carry my own bag.

I can also get through O'Hare a hell of a lot faster with that bag on wheels.
How do you walk faster than you walk? Bag on my shoulder doesn't effect my walking speed.
Virtually EVERYONE with the bag on wheels stands still on escalators down and up, I don't.

I understand if you are >40lbs the wheels are necessary - family trip bags are that way but never my own for business or weekend trips. A carry-on by my hardo definition shouldn't have wheels - CARRY is a key word I think.

Reaction Score
You should be embarrassed. They are just doing their job. They are required to ask. They get judged according to how many sales they make. Just politely say "No, thank you".

If you think I should be embarrassed, I'd say you're new here.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Try it with me and I take my shoes off so you can smell my feet and I don't hold back on being gassy.
You'll be happy to know that I booked a flight to California yesterday and I paid extra for an exit row at the front of the section, with another exit row behind, so there is no one in front of me and I can recline fully without bothering the person behind me; and I even ponied up for first class on my return trip so I could take a red eye and sleep.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I'm a huge hardo to old white people who give me dirty looks in first class, asking me what I do for work, etc. There was an old guy at an upscale hotel this past weekend who asked me if I was an athlete or in a wedding. I was a massive hardo to him out of principal.

I should note my non-black fiance isn't a fan of me being a hardo, but does find it funny when I treat these uppity people awfully.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People seem to be assuming that I’m driving slow in the left lane which is not the case. That drives me nuts as well. But when I’m going 80 and there’s a car in front of me and I can see the guy behind weaving in and out jockeying for position... I’m not gonna just let him cut in front of me.
It doesn't matter how fast you're going in the left lane, you move over if someone else is coming up faster.

Reaction Score
I'm a huge hardo to old white people who give me dirty looks in first class, asking me what I do for work, etc. There was an old guy at an upscale hotel this past weekend who asked me if I was an athlete or in a wedding. I was a massive hardo to him out of principal.
Geezus, it's hard to believe sometimes how s***** people are.

Reaction Score
If you think I should be embarrassed, I'd say you're new here.

No, I've been reading this site for four years.

It's up to you whether you are embarrassed or not. But that doesn't change the fact that you should be. That cashier would get in trouble with her manager if she didn't ask you that question. And you bark at her for it. Why? Do you have any other reason than you want to punish someone for your feeling of annoyance and she just happens to be there?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Not a hardo move to put a ***hole in their place. That sucks you gotta deal with that BS.

Reaction Score
studies have shown the zipper merge moves traffic faster than merging prematurely

Those studies make two assumptions not applicable to the real world. First, they assume a constant rate of speed. Second, they assume sufficient spacing between cars. That happens approximately zero percent of the time. So what happens is that cars squeeze into spaces, causing drivers to brake, which causes the drivers behind them to brake, and so on. So squeezing in at the end ends up increasing traffic.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If one's unwavering policy is to swerve at slow left lane drivers or get in front of them and slow down - then that is the kind of thing that belongs in the hardo genre.

If people want to complain about supermarket checkouts and slow drivers I think that belongs in the 'Man shakes fist at Cloud' thread.
Not necessarily hardo but I was reminded of a time I drove on the Hutchinson Parkway.

I had debated quite some time whether to buy a Supra or a 280Z. Bought the Supra. A couple of weeks after the purchase I’m driving on the Hutchinson heading towards my wife’s parents. I’m cruising with the sun roof open and the CD player cranked when a 280Z passes me on the left.

No way I was going to let that car beat me. So I shut the sunroof and the race was on. We were cranking well over 90 on that really curvy stretch. Couldn’t believe the traffic was absent for the five miles we raced. The Z took a different route, we thumbs upped each other, I’m still doing 80 in a 55 mile limit when a NY state trooper pulls me over.

He asked for my license and registration. Then he looks inside with a serious expression. I’m sitting there with a s?t eating grin cause a ticket was worth that experience. My wife is looking at me adoringly cause she enjoyed it as much as I did.

The officer starts asking me about the car. Turns out he loved the vehicle and thought the spoiler was a great feature. He gave me a verbal warning and a wink. Although the race was a tie I felt if I had been pulled over driving the Z the trooper would have given me a ticket.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Those studies make two assumptions not applicable to the real world. First, they assume a constant rate of speed. Second, they assume sufficient spacing between cars. That happens approximately zero percent of the time. So what happens is that cars squeeze into spaces, causing drivers to brake, which causes the drivers behind them to brake, and so on. So squeezing in at the end ends up increasing traffic.

I was gonna say...these studies seem to miss the fact that these guys cause the traffic to begin with...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
When people misuse "I" or "me" I instinctively and automatically correct them most of the time because I am unable to stop myself from doing it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
When people misuse "I" or "me" I instinctively and automatically correct them most of the time because I am unable to stop myself from doing it.

Grammar is one of those things that me just don’t care about....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom