OT: - What’s the biggest hardo thing you do out of principal? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: What’s the biggest hardo thing you do out of principal?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
"No, thank you" is the polite way to decline anything. It's what you learn at 5 years old. It's been the appropriate idiom for at least the last 40 years.

I don't think you are understanding the purpose of this thread.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't think you are understanding the purpose of this thread.
The way you phrased it was as a pet peeve. That is a different thread.

Reaction Score
The telemarketers for saving me money on insurance. I usually will go along with it until I get fed up and ask them if they think I’m stupid.
My 95yo father-in-law used to love to tweak them. He’d keep them going for as long as he could before telling them he was 95 and had no money. Click...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No. I think they are stupid responses that don't even make sense.

You're not donating today, tomorrow, or ever.

And why are you thanking someone for their offer of asking you for money?

Do you advocate a blank stare?

"No, thank you" is the appropriate response.

That sort of social lubrication built into our language is the only reason you do not get into fistfights with every person you come into contact with. It's necessary.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

That sort of social lubrication built into our language is the only reason you do not get into fistfights with every person you come into contact with. It's necessary.

I'm sorry to offend you and @Husky25 sensibilities. I didn't realize this wasn't the "biggest hardo thing you do out of principle" but rather "how to appropriately and politely interact with cashier register attendants"?

Reaction Score
I refuse to use drive through lanes. It usually works to my advantage. There could be 7 cars waiting at the drive through and I walk inside and get served with no line. People are getting lazier. Take the free exercise and walk in. I always thought the drive through should be restricted to people with handicap placards. But, like the handicap parking spots, I'm sure that would get abused.

I agree, I can't stand drive thrus. Is long as I'm driving I refuse to use the drive thru, its laziness and I hate having to put my car in park and reaching over for coffee and exchange money and my order has gotten more screwed up because there is no face to face communication. A lot of women seem to like the drive thru.

Reaction Score
parking- if possible I will park further away in parking lots and face the exit if possible on the perimeter of a lot, ill walk further in order to leave quicker and possibly avoid an accident from idiots trying to find the perfect parking spot. -

driving -If possible try to avoid left hand turns on busy streets, tucking in my drivers side mirror no matter where I park, been side swiped before so of course I'm OCD about that. Lock my car door twice.

coffee places- people at coffee bars who take up the space and have to stand there like they are looking at their bathroom mirror, like dude its not your personal coffee bar, put what you want in it and sit down you can put your sugar packets in the coffee at the table or car, and stir it then.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's something that has evolved over time, but I am now all in on boycotting going to any of the doctors who are advertised inside those airline magazines. Just won't do it.

Reaction Score
If someone tries to pass me on the right I speed up to try and box them in.
I hate when people use the slow vehicle lane as an express lane to bypass busy traffic. If I see someone doing this in my sideview mirror, I usually move to the slow lane and go slow.

I also hate the people who think their too good to wait in line at an exit ramp. The ones that try to bypass the whole line and cut in right at the exit. I never let them in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hate when people use the slow vehicle lane and an express lane to bypass busy traffic. If I see someone doing this in my sideview mirror, I usually move to the slow lane and go slow.

I also hate the people who think their too good to wait in line at an exit ramp. The ones that try to bypass the whole line and cut in right at the exit. I never let them in.
studies have shown the zipper merge moves traffic faster than merging prematurely

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“Let” has got nothing to do with it.

Reaction Score
studies have shown the zipper merge moves traffic faster than merging prematurely
I am not talking about merging into moving traffic. I am talking about cutting into an established line of traffic. Such as when there is a backup on the road you're exiting on to.

Reaction Score
Can’t stand when stores like Best Buy, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, and Walmart have “Security” checking everyone’s receipt on the way out of the store. Unless specifically suspected of shoplifting, they have absolutely no authority to stop me, or recourse when, with my head held high, I give them a “No thanks” and keep walking when they ask to see my receipt.

Also: post/avatar

Also: Principle*

I do the same thing walking through the security at the airport. Who do those people think they are stopping and scanning MY bag? No thanks, just cuff me and take me away if you want but no way I’m holding my hands over my head for 5 seconds followed by a pat down.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Whenever anybody starts driving too close behind me, I slow down. I don't pull over, just slow down. Really, really slow.

Also I will take three right turns to avoid taking one left.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Wait. What? Are you telling me it's that easy to avoid those multiple, daily altercations?
Why doesn't someone offer classes in these things?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Those are studies made to confirm a set idea. In reality, the only reason starting the merge when you pass the "merge left" sign doesn't work is because of the people who pull out of the slowing line of traffic and into the one that ends ahead, to pass those who slowed down to let people merge seamlessly. Then they try to force their way back in at the last second.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pretty sure they’re already toying with AI in contract law

Not just there and not toying. We are going to be using it to provide feedback on customer redlines against online playbooks and policies. A friend who is a litigation partner uses it heavily already to manage documents in litigation. AI analyzes your e-discovery results.

Reaction Score
People who come to a complete stop in the road and dont signal,I will lay the horn down on them when they turn, funny thing is a lot of them throw their hands up like they have no idea why their being honked at. I can't stand people who stay in my blind spot when their in the fast lane no less, either move up or stay back.

Reaction Score
I refuse to use luggage with wheels. Bonus can always squeeze into overhead, but mostly a man should be able to carry his own bag.

Reaction Score
Those are studies made to confirm a set idea. In reality, the only reason starting the merge when you pass the "merge left" sign doesn't work is because of the people who pull out of the slowing line of traffic and into the one that ends ahead, to pass those who slowed down to let people merge seamlessly. Then they try to force their way back in at the last second.
Everyday. 400 North. Abernathy Road. Georgia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom