Westworld | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Westworld

Reaction Score
Interesting final episode and they definitely setup a season three which isn't guests going to the wild west, but host going to the 'real world.' I can see that. @Mots010 she took the spent slug from Teddy's head and loaded it into Williams (the man in black) gun so it would explode in his hand. You can certainly take exception for how many times he would fire before he had the gun at her head, but it didn't bounce off....

Ok, I guess that kind of explains it, but yeah, what if he shot her in the head right off the bat?

Reaction Score
I'm done with the show. I would read the Reddit threads during S1 to consume as many theories and insights as possible which made it fun. I had to do the same this season just to understand wtf has gone on, and I still don't know

Reaction Score
I'm done with the show. I would read the Reddit threads during S1 to consume as many theories and insights as possible which made it fun. I had to do the same this season just to understand wtf has gone on, and I still don't know
I kind of like that I didn't know what was happening right away and had to process it. I have a feeling it will be easily rewatchable

Reaction Score
First season averaged 1.78M viewers through 9 episodes, 2nd season is at 1.58M through 9. The numbers are better than other things that have been renewed like Ballers (although season 3 has rebounded past season 1 for half the season and then tanked) and the last couple seasons of Silicone Valley.

If they manage to salvage a story line, it will get a season 3 without a doubt.
Down 30%

Westworld's s2 finale ratings fell 30% from last season

Reaction Score
HBO usually doesn't care about ratings *that* much, but I don't think they've met expectations.

They gave The Leftovers (one of the most underwatched shows of all time, IMO) 3 seasons. If Westworld has a compelling story lined up, they'll probably greenlight it.
I mean the long game of murdering humans, then jumping from host-copy to host-copy carrying your own cognition along, escaping with at least 5 other sets of cognition to expand that plan... tons of potential with how they left things. It’s just, like with GoT, the show will not be nearly as much about actual Westworld anymore

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Interesting final episode and they definitely setup a season three which isn't guests going to the wild west, but host going to the 'real world.' I can see that. @Mots010 she took the spent slug from Teddy's head and loaded it into Williams (the man in black) gun so it would explode in his hand. You can certainly take exception for how many times he would fire before he had the gun at her head, but it didn't bounce off....

The biggest head scratcher for me was the Lee's (British storyline exec) final scene. I can see how he would let the others go on....but there was zero reason to go out in a blaze of glory. Just stall. He could just have 'negotiated' a little bit from behind a tree, put his gun down, and walk slowly over. Ask the guys to take him back. Not like the others needed all that much time to get away anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The biggest head scratcher for me was the Lee's (British storyline exec) final scene. I can see how he would let the others go on....but there was zero reason to go out in a blaze of glory. Just stall. He could just have 'negotiated' a little bit from behind a tree, put his gun down, and walk slowly over. Ask the guys to take him back. Not like the others needed all that much time to get away anyway.

It was great TV though.

Reaction Score
If by great you mean more nonsense that added up to nothing, then yeah, great.

It was an interesting moment. BTW - the entire show is nonsense. I watch it to be entertained.

Reaction Score
It was an interesting moment. BTW - the entire show is nonsense. I watch it to be entertained.
Agree, it has been just entertaining enough nonsense to watch, but they just spent the entire season making you think there was something more to the guy and use him as a throw away prop in a dopey way. There is so much potential in this show, but they spend half of it patting themselves on the back for being clever, the other half in some of the worse fight scenes since Jar Jar Binks went into battle.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I think you are all putting way too much thought into Lee's exit. They were done with him and really couldn't make him any more interesting than using the same story line in multiple parks and generally being a pawn in the entire show. So they sent him out in a blaze of glory where he could recite his own words for the fun of it. The show definitely decides to have fun with certain characters and even brings in some reference to fans predictions/explanations. I'm good with it.

How fun would it be for him to negotiate from behind a tree, walk out, and never be seen again? While it was an obvious break in character from the mealy self preserving guy to the in your face bring it hero, I really didn't care.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think you are all putting way too much thought into Lee's exit. They were done with him and really couldn't make him any more interesting than using the same story line in multiple parks and generally being a pawn in the entire show. So they sent him out in a blaze of glory where he could recite his own words for the fun of it. The show definitely decides to have fun with certain characters and even brings in some reference to fans predictions/explanations. I'm good with it.

How fun would it be for him to negotiate from behind a tree, walk out, and never be seen again? While it was an obvious break in character from the mealy self preserving guy to the in your face bring it hero, I really didn't care.

But I like him. He was funny.

Reaction Score
Haven't read this thread yet. I don't watch a lot of tv due to time. I am watching online, I'm on episode 4 season 1. I just don't feel it. Does it get a lot better or perhaps I'm just not following it. Either it's very good or very bad, I have no idea.

Interesting to note. Anthony Hopkins is 80. Ed Harris is 67. Bigger difference than I thought.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haven't read this thread yet. I don't watch a lot of tv due to time. I am watching online, I'm on episode 4 season 1. I just don't feel it. Does it get a lot better or perhaps I'm just not following it. Either it's very good or very bad, I have no idea.

Interesting to note. Anthony Hopkins is 80. Ed Harris is 67. Bigger difference than I thought.

I was in your shoes until a pivotal episode ( which you have not reached yet ) turned me around. I more or less forced myself to watch season 1, but It was worth it in season 2.

Reaction Score

The pivotal episode I was referring to is near the end of season 1. You’ll know it when you see it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
From a Science Fiction show no less. Still can't get over it. I never really expected this show to give us a nuanced take of the Native American experience, let alone in their own voice.

It seems kinda silly, but I really hope this episode will change some perceptions on what audiences are open to - and for audiences what we should be open to. Hats off to these guys.

I seem to remember hearing about a new Sitting Bull & Custer movie coming out at some point, but can't seem to find any info now. Anyone know?

Finally saw Episode 9 last night. Spectacular. My wife and I both agree. Wife's comment was that the Emmy needs to go to whoever put together that episode.

Reaction Score
I was in your shoes until a pivotal episode ( which you have not reached yet ) turned me around. I more or less forced myself to watch season 1, but It was worth it in season 2.
I am now on episode 1 of season two. I found the shows to be very slow moving and I always ended up multi-tasking while it was on, so I think I missed a lot of what was happening. Now it just seems like a jumble of dreamers and robots. I guess I did myself a disservice because I really get bored watching it.

edit: i see many posters being confused and rewatching. As they say, haste makes waste. I may need to go back, but it's just not as enjoyable as say Sopranos.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am now on episode 1 of season two. I found the shows to be very slow moving and I always ended up multi-tasking while it was on, so I think I missed a lot of what was happening. Now it just seems like a jumble of dreamers and robots. I guess I did myself a disservice because I really get bored watching it.

edit: i see many posters being confused and rewatching. As they say, haste makes waste. I may need to go back, but it's just not as enjoyable as say Sopranos.

You're not wrong that the pace is slow, or that it demands your attention despite being slow. That does make it difficult to watch, if also, rewarding. The time shifting also adds to the difficulty in easily processing what is happening and when. I think it's an intentional device to keep you off balance.

Reaction Score
watched a great Youtube summary of the final episode - highlighted a lot of biblical references that I completely missed but make a lot of sense once they're pointed out.

Reaction Score
Alt Shift X is another great YouTube channel for explaining and catching references for Westworld but if you want to brush up on your Game of Thrones that’s what the channel got popular doing

Reaction Score

it's not a show you can multi-task with. Pretty much everything matters and not all of it is conveyed with dialogue

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Had dinner in Redondo Beach tonight and from the beach you can see the fires some 15-20 miles away. Eerie. No idea what happens if it starts heading towards LAX.l

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Season 3 is very well done, and very confusing. I like Aaron Paul's character. Maeve has a strange set of powers and limitations which I don't understand.

Charlotte is behaving like a lunatic. How is she not getting caught?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom