Westworld | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Westworld

Reaction Score
I’m not that much.

I feared going into this season Hopkins absence was going to drop it. I still think it’s a good show but I’m not as enthralled. He was that good.

This should be 3 seasons and out. Before it gets crazy bad.
I thought last nights episode was the best of the entire series so far. Ed Harris killed it.

Reaction Score
I was blown away by last nights episode. Was very surprised to hear from a lot of coworkers that they're not enjoying season 2.

I’ve been a bit skeptical on S2 but this last episode was very good. Ed Harris is just great in this show.

Reaction Score
I was blown away by last nights episode. Was very surprised to hear from a lot of coworkers that they're not enjoying season 2.

Season 2 is very different than season 1. Episode 4 was something else. I thought ep 3 was more of a throw-away, but watched 4 last night and wow. That was riveting.

Reaction Score

I'm with you. Frankly, I find this season's multiple timelines much easier to follow, and that makes the show more enjoyable. Despite losing Anthony Hopkins, who is obviously a great actor.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can follow the timeline more or less, and know who most of the characters are, but I don't get the theme or thread tying this altogether. The characters should be surprising us, not the timeline gimmick.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I thought last nights episode was the best of the entire series so far. Ed Harris killed it.
^This
Definitely one of if not the best episodes of the entire series and best of all, doesn't put it down the 'Lost' path of weirdness. We get an excellent transition from season 1 of fornicating with or killing robot hosts to questioning existence, cheating death and defining character. I like it.

Reaction Score
I can follow the timeline more or less, and know who most of the characters are, but I don't get the theme or thread tying this altogether. The characters should be surprising us, not the timeline gimmick.
Is the man in Black not surprising you? The timeline is hardly a gimmick. It's a literary device

Reaction Score
^This
Definitely one of if not the best episodes of the entire series and best of all, doesn't put it down the 'Lost' path of weirdness. We get an excellent transition from season 1 of fornicating with or killing robot hosts to questioning existence, cheating death and defining character. I like it.
Yeah I think they're hitting it out of the park with the themes. We've also got the undercurrent of data collections and trusting giant corporations with our information. With how biotech is moving and people getting chip implants etc. It's a very current reality

Reaction Score
Ed Harris and the acting is phenomenal, but this show is starting to lose me.
I'm starting to feel that they moved the Dolores/Mauve awakening much too quickly plot-wise and there should have been more spent on the transition time. I was surprised that I did enjoy the visit to Samurai World, however it feels a little shark-jumpy to me. I'm still watching and interested in the show, but I'm starting to fear a Lost-type of drive over a cliff.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm starting to feel that they moved the Dolores/Mauve awakening much too quickly plot-wise and there should have been more spent on the transition time. I was surprised that I did enjoy the visit to Samurai World, however it feels a little shark-jumpy to me. I'm still watching and interested in the show, but I'm starting to fear a Lost-type of drive over a cliff.

It is Lost on LSD AND mushrooms. I am still watching it, but I am beginning to think that I may be very pissed off at the end of this season.

Reaction Score
The inherent problem with season two, for me at least, is I just don't care much about the hosts. Last episode was pretty much all host story lines. Watching the one host on a mission to find her daughter as she goes all Matrix in the Shogun world is painful. I'm hoping for some sort of payoff on that story line down the road.

The William story line is fantastic. He needs to be in every episode. We learn more big picture stuff when he's around.

Reaction Score
The inherent problem with season two, for me at least, is I just don't care much about the hosts. Last episode was pretty much all host story lines. Watching the one host on a mission to find her daughter as she goes all Matrix in the Shogun world is painful. I'm hoping for some sort of payoff on that story line down the road.

The William story line is fantastic. He needs to be in every episode. We learn more big picture stuff when he's around.
I like Bernards story. I don't like Dolores. I'm indifferent to Maeve.

Reaction Score
I like Bernards story. I don't like Dolores. I'm indifferent to Maeve.

Agree on Bernard. Dolores and Maeve I'm not thrilled with, and between those two they take up entire episodes.

Reaction Score

For me, the problem is that I just don't care about anyone. The show looks awesome and I am intrigued in the William/MIB story line but I can't say I care about him, and I care about that arc more than any other. It is interesting enough to continue with for now but I don't feel like taking notes and deciphering all the easter eggs throughout and I just have no emotional attachment.

Reaction Score
finally got around to last nights episode. I really wish I could binge this show. I really wanted to ride that episode to the finale.

Reaction Score
The last 2 eps have really hooked me in and this comes from a guy dumping on the show 2 posts ago. I like that the show seems to be honing in on a single narrative. I don't feel like taking notes when I'm watching a show and figuring out when it is.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It’s better with Anthony Hopkins...

Charlotte is the least convincing actress on the show.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Second movement of Beethoven’s 7th during the “strike the match” scene was perfect.

Reaction Score
Second movement of Beethoven’s 7th during the “strike the match” scene was perfect.
The movie The Fall uses it to great effect in its opening credits. Really a quite remarkable film all around if you've never seen it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The last 2 eps have really hooked me in and this comes from a guy dumping on the show 2 posts ago. I like that the show seems to be honing in on a single narrative. I don't feel like taking notes when I'm watching a show and figuring out when it is.
Totally agree about the last couple episodes. I have enjoyed the season in total so far though. Even a Westworld that’s struggling to keep its story arcs engaging and comprehensible is better than 95% of what’s on TV.

Reaction Score
Totally agree about the last couple episodes. I have enjoyed the season in total so far though. Even a Westworld that’s struggling to keep its story arcs engaging and comprehensible is better than 95% of what’s on TV.
I have enjoyed season 2 just as much as I did season 1. I don't understand how they're going to have a season 3, though, if they want to end season 2 on a high note.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom