Westworld | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Westworld

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't mind a show making me think, but Westworld is starting to feel like homework.

I think we may all end up agreeing with you.
They may end up getting too cute with the time line swerves.

Reaction Score
Just caught up on this show. Loved season 1. Using Radiohead’s Exit Music for a Film in the season finale’s final scene was great.

With that said, after watching the season 2 premiere, it’s going to be interesting to see how they keep this going. I loved the build up in season one, learning how the world worked, and figuring out the mystery. With season 2, the mystery is gone and it seems like we’re just left with robots fighting humans. It didn’t capture me as much, at least initially.

Reaction Score
Just caught up on this show. Loved season 1. Using Radiohead’s Exit Music for a Film in the season finale’s final scene was great.

With that said, after watching the season 2 premiere, it’s going to be interesting to see how they keep this going. I loved the build up in season one, learning how the world worked, and figuring out the mystery. With season 2, the mystery is gone and it seems like we’re just left with robots fighting humans. It didn’t capture me as much, at least initially.
it will be more than that I suspect - it'll be more like the reboot Battlestar Galactica where we are discovering what makes the "soul" of a machine that's evolving into something more than a machine.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The shifts in the timeline make it very hard to follow.

The ending of S2/E1 with all the dead hosts must be in the future (distant?).

Yeah, early in the episode when it showed Bernard spazzing out and asking "Is it now?" showed that he was kind of remembering things out of order ...it went from him being washed up on the beach back to right after the end of S1 trapped in the barn, and it seems like they're gonna keep those two timelines going for a little bit.

Reaction Score
Do we do spoiler tags on fan theory's here? I came across an interesting one earlier today

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What secrets lie in Pete Abernathy’s light bulb thingie of a brain?

Reaction Score
What secrets lie in Pete Abernathy’s light bulb thingie of a brain?
I think it's all the customer data. DNA and video maybe used to blackmail them or create copies

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think it's all the customer data. DNA and video maybe used to blackmail them or create copies
Yah on the 3rd watching of S2E1 I started thinking in that direction...

Reaction Score
Yah on the 3rd watching of S2E1 I started thinking in that direction...
It seems like they're trying to make a statement about Facebook/Google/etc. I thought it was subtle until tonight

Reaction Score
Episode 2 - is it me or have they hit the turbo with the story pacing? I never realized that William was the same thing as Delos Corp, so he was always the boss of Robert Ford (and Arnold?). What is that big pit in the ground at the end? (the weapon)

Reaction Score
Delores is pretty hot but man am I getting sick of hearing “Teddy”.

Reaction Score
Episode 2 - is it me or have they hit the turbo with the story pacing? I never realized that William was the same thing as Delos Corp, so he was always the boss of Robert Ford (and Arnold?). What is that big pit in the ground at the end? (the weapon)

The weapon is still a mystery. We found out about William when it was revealed that he is the young Man in Black.

Reaction Score
Good summary on Youtube each week here. S2 doesn't have the same intrigue as the first.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Can't believe nobody has talked about E3. I loved the opening segment but thought the episode really bogged down. How long does it take her to find her daughter? I'm done with that already. They never should have killed Anthony Hopkins - it's definitely less without him.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Can't believe nobody has talked about E3. I loved the opening segment but thought the episode really bogged down. How long does it take her to find her daughter? I'm done with that already. They never should have killed Anthony Hopkins - it's definitely less without him.
I was hoping that the Hopkins character that got the bullet was a host... or that he had a host version of himself waiting in the wings.

I’m assuming that Maeve and Dolores are actually conscious at this point. What I don’t understand is trying to find Maeve’s daughter, or Dolores still having a thing for Teddy. Teddy’s got nothing home! Maeve’s daughter is just a program! I guess the hope is to eventually “save” them? Get them consciousness as well?

Reaction Score
I've watched E3 twice this weekend, felt I must have missed something tbe first time around. It's a slow episode and feels like a lot of the extended gun fights were a waste of episode time. Felt the introduction of two more parks within one episode was complete overkill (although we've been told about these parks already). Don't get the Dolores/Teddy thing at all. The Indians are intriguing, they seem like they're operating in a complete different level of WestWorld. I think the thing that really grabbed me was this whole Abernathy mystery, but in general it was a meh episode.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I was hoping that the Hopkins character that got the bullet was a host... or that he had a host version of himself waiting in the wings.

I’m assuming that Maeve and Dolores are actually conscious at this point. What I don’t understand is trying to find Maeve’s daughter, or Dolores still having a thing for Teddy. Teddy’s got nothing home! Maeve’s daughter is just a program! I guess the hope is to eventually “save” them? Get them consciousness as well?
I too had hoped that it was just a replica android Dolores shot, but it's not looking that way. Maybe he loaded his conscious into a yet to be seen android ala Arnold. But even if that's the case, it won't be him doing the acting which is what counts.

Reaction Score
I too had hoped that it was just a replica android Dolores shot, but it's not looking that way. Maybe he loaded his conscious into a yet to be seen android ala Arnold. But even if that's the case, it won't be him doing the acting which is what counts.
Ford is very high on the list for

the consciousness that Bernard 3D printed before he killed the scientists by the James Delos room. Delos was in the "same" body, Ford could be too

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Ford is very high on the list for

the consciousness that Bernard 3D printed before he killed the scientists by the James Delos room. Delos was in the "same" body, Ford could be too
Just finished the previously on Westworld before tonight's episode and that could well be correct.

Reaction Score

"Leftover" code from before their "rebirth"?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I was blown away by last nights episode. Was very surprised to hear from a lot of coworkers that they're not enjoying season 2.
I’m not that much.

I feared going into this season Hopkins absence was going to drop it. I still think it’s a good show but I’m not as enthralled. He was that good.

This should be 3 seasons and out. Before it gets crazy bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom