Westworld | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Westworld

Reaction Score
It's very strange to say this in a science fiction series, but I thought the portrayal of Native American spirituality -- somehow recreating it into a robot world -- was unbelievably good. Credit to that actor.
That episode changed my entire perspective of the hosts. I am happily surprised that this show keeps me on my feet

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
It's very strange to say this in a science fiction series, but I thought the portrayal of Native American spirituality -- somehow recreating it into a robot world -- was unbelievably good. Credit to that actor.

One thing I learned today is he is Lakota but did not speak the language so they brought in coaches to make sure it was done as accurately as possible

He was also in Fargo season 2 which I can't recommend enough. If you haven't watched any of it you could just watch that season as a stand alone

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I just watched an hour of subtitled exposition in Lakota, and it was one of the best episodes of any television show ever.

From a Science Fiction show no less. Still can't get over it. I never really expected this show to give us a nuanced take of the Native American experience, let alone in their own voice.

It seems kinda silly, but I really hope this episode will change some perceptions on what audiences are open to - and for audiences what we should be open to. Hats off to these guys.

I seem to remember hearing about a new Sitting Bull & Custer movie coming out at some point, but can't seem to find any info now. Anyone know?

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but this week's episode was one of the best episodes of tv I've ever watched.
It really was just completely captivating. That some people assumed this show was just going to be about the “rise of the robots” seems laughable now. It’s so incredibly nuanced and engrossing, I can’t wait to see what happens next!
He was also in Fargo season 2 which I can't recommend enough. If you haven't watched any of it you could just watch that season as a stand alone

That season was a fun, strange trip, and I count Fargo as one of my favorite shows on TV at the moment, but nothing tops season 1.

Reaction Score
I have officially given up on the timeline. Don't care anymore.
you're way overthinking it. the timeline is really simple. there's only one possible twist with it.

Reaction Score
Ake was talking to Maeve in Lakota and speaking to her daughter in English.

ok I thought it was Maeve communicating to her daughter though Ake when the communication was in English. The whole episode warrants a rewatch.

Reaction Score
Ake was talking to Maeve in Lakota and speaking to her daughter in English.

ok I thought it was Maeve communicating to her daughter though Ake when the communication was in English. The whole episode warrants a rewatch.

Reaction Score
that's not something I even considered but is definitely possible. I also thought it was possible that
Maeve had the "mind" of Ake's gf/wife

Reaction Score
Yes. This.

Reaction Score
Last episode was excellent. I feel like I didn’t realize how good it was until it tied together in the last few minutes. I need to rewatch it for sure.

Reaction Score
So uh. That one was interesting lol
Tell me about it. Overall though not the most well written episode this season.

I didn't realize Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy didn't write the majority of S2 episodes like they did for S1. They did write this week's finale, however.

Reaction Score
Is there any doubt that this is where we're heading?

Westworld%202.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Is there any doubt that this is where we're heading?

Westworld%202.jpg

Didn't the QA team that showed up that he gunned down last episode scan his neck and show that he was all-clear and not a robot? What I find more interesting is that they never got the chance to scan Emily; I'd be willing to bet she's a plant by Ford and not actually his daughter.

Reaction Score
Didn't the QA team that showed up that he gunned down last episode scan his neck and show that he was all-clear and not a robot? What I find more interesting is that they never got the chance to scan Emily; I'd be willing to bet she's a plant by Ford and not actually his daughter.
True, but couldn’t that in itself be a red herring? I’m hoping that wasn’t really his daughter only because I very much enjoyed watching that actress. Also it would be pretty cheap.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

If they scanned Emily, it wouldn't make sense for him to think she was a robot.

That was a pretty cold scene.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
True, but couldn’t that in itself be a red herring? I’m hoping that wasn’t really his daughter only because I very much enjoyed watching that actress. Also it would be pretty cheap.

Very well could be, although I wouldn't call it a red herring since it surves the prupose of showing that he's losing his mind.

If they scanned Emily, it wouldn't make sense for him to think she was a robot.

That was a pretty cold scene.

Yeah, although they never actually scanned her, just him. And then he shot them up before they could scan her IIRC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Very well could be, although I wouldn't call it a red herring since it surves the prupose of showing that he's losing his mind.

Yeah, although they never actually scanned her, just him. And then he shot them up before they could scan her IIRC.

The bigger plot hole, if there is one, was why she was bothering to save him. He was a lost cause and I thought she mentioned something like that when she found him with Ghost Nation.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The bigger plot hole, if there is one, was why she was bothering to save him. He was a lost cause and I thought she mentioned something like that when she found him with Ghost Nation.

You know how nutty people get when it comes to family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom