Westbrook | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Unlike the Boneyard, which is free of any crazy fans. :rolleyes:
The major difference is that 'most' UConn fans don't have an "Easy Rifer rifle rack, with room for not 2 but 3 of your favorite weapons" in the back of their pickup truck. (just a joke honest)

Reaction Score
Don't know why she would care. I wouldn't, how about you?

Same here, I asked the question in part knowing the series resumption with Tenn would give her "another" reason to choose UConn over whatever other school she ultimately decides on. If it doesn't happen...was not meant to be.

Reaction Score
Westbrook is a competitor. That’s why she’s escaping the mediocrity she found in Knoxville. I think she would relish the opportunity to play BIG against her former team.
That's what I'm saying.

Reaction Score
My only caveat is that with the end of the academic semester at TN, Westbrook will be heading back home to Salem, OR. Eugene is just down the road. She could pop in and meet with Kelly Graves. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.
Corvallis is closer to Salem than is Eugene

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Corvallis is closer to Salem than is Eugene
Word is that Westbrook was considering UConn & Oregon. I had not heard if she had any interest in OSU.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Not really, no real pattern on transfer eligibility, almost looks like crap shoot but I think it depends on losing school agreement in regards to waiver but I admit I really do not understand the logic of the NCAA for transfer eligibility.
Logic? Money? Hmmmmmmm

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Mark Emmert = The Antichrist.
You do know someone will show him your post and others thus Westbrook will never see playing time next season. Adults always tell kids to understand there will people seeing your posts. People you hoped would not see them. So who tells the adults? :(:confused::eek::oops::rolleyes:;)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Are you saying that the NCAA and Emmert would act more kindly toward UConn if Shabazz did not call them out? I don't think so.
If I learned anything from years of selling, its people in responsible position are just people. They are susceptible to both flattery and denigration.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Word is that Westbrook was considering UConn & Oregon. I had not heard if she had any interest in OSU.

Oregon makes more sense IMO based on roster make up and location, especially if she is eligible next year. There's a combo guard spot available to her and 4 very good starters all back. She'd be able to play alongside the best player in the country and compete for a title, then take on a larger role as a senior with a strong core of her/Sabally/Boley. Their offense also utilizes creating off the dribble, one of her best strengths.

She'd make her mark at UCONN but their offense is pass dominant rather than dribble drive dominant. And when UCONN does utilize dribble drive, itll more often be Williams taking the ball in rather than Westbrook. She'll get minutes at both places and will be pushed much harder than she was at Tennessee. I think everyone who questions her decision making will be in for a big surprise when she plays in a structured offense and puts up a very good A/TO ratio.

Both schools are great options and she will make a huge impact wherever she ends up.

Reaction Score
Same here, I asked the question in part knowing the series resumption with Tenn would give her "another" reason to choose UConn over whatever other school she ultimately decides on. If it doesn't happen...was not meant to be.
I would think UT would be more inclined to object to the waiver request because of the series resumption. If Westbrook wants to maximize her chances of playing next season seems like she would select a team that did not play UT next year. Just speculation on my part because I really do not know how much the NCAA considers the losing team opinion on waivers but I believe that must have played a major role in Promise Taylor’s waiver requested being denied.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I would think UT would be more inclined to object to the waiver request because of the series resumption. If Westbrook wants to maximize her chances of playing next season seems like she would select a team that did not play UT next year. Just speculation on my part because I really do not know how much the NCAA considers the losing team opinion on waivers but I believe that must have played a major role in Promise Taylor’s waiver requested being denied.

I could see the NCAA completely overlooking any objections for their own selfish reasons. Can you imagine the story that ESPN will be able to weave with the rekindling of WCBB's most storied rivalries, now with Tennessee's top player from last season now suited up for UConn? It's ratings gold.

The story isn't nearly as good if she's sitting on the bench or, for that matter, someone else's bench.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Harper just met with Evina last week and it was affirmed that Evina would transfer. She appears in Storrs a few days after the decision, so she has not had time to look anywhere else. Evina has final exams coming up with the next week. So with many coaches possibly going to the major tournaments this weekend, we may not hear Evina visiting other schools until the first weekend of May
Well I'm a glass half full kind of guy. If she intended to look elsewhere she would not have said goodbye to TN before looking.

Reaction Score
The comment under her farewell Instagram post from Walker has me now pretty confident that she’s coming to UConn.

I agree, while most of her friends who posted under her video had more things to say, Walker dropping a cool emoji does seem a little different. One things for sure, if Westbrook does read her comments at some point, she would definitely feel wanted by UConn nation.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t know just how much input a player’s prior team has relative to a waiver request, but assuming they do have influence, if TN attempts to dangle immediate eligibility in front of Westbrook by pushing her to one school at the expense of another, someone would surely learn about it and there would be hell to pay.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Please stop. Shepard isn’t the only player to get immediate eligibility. Agreeing with it is a different story

There are exceptions to the rules.

Shepherd is the first one I can remember that didn’t qualify for any of them.

So yes, it was a big deal. And it was a laughably bad decision.

It stinks like college football where two guys didn’t get waivers to move for sick family members, but josh fields and Tate martell could go to Ohio st and Miami and be immediately eligible cause they couldn’t win the starting job at their prior schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom