Westbrook | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Except to point out the truth, the blatant double standard, the hypocrisy that the NCAA and Mark Emmert have demonstrated on innumerable occasion.
I see that other posters have written similar; but damn, sometimes it does feel good to vent @RockyMTblue2 .

You got a witness!!! ;) I stepped out of character and vented right after the tournament ended. Damn it felt good!! :) I cleansed my heart and soul of all of my pent up frustrations. ;) I’m fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Because her current coach was fired and is being replaced I believe that makes it so that she can transfer and play immediately. At least in the past when coaching changes have occurred that is how it has worked.
Not really, no real pattern on transfer eligibility, almost looks like crap shoot but I think it depends on losing school agreement in regards to waiver but I admit I really do not understand the logic of the NCAA for transfer eligibility.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not really, no real pattern on transfer eligibility, almost looks like crap shoot but I think it depends on losing school agreement in regards to waiver but I admit I really do not understand the logic of the NCAA for transfer eligibility.
You used the contradictory words "logic" and "NCAA" in the same sentence. :rolleyes:

I would expect that whichever school Westbrook ends up at will petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility. Who knows what will happen with Westbrook? In her favor: her coach was fired and she can produce substantial documentation highlighting extensive abuse on social media from Volnation, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Apologies CocoHusky, I can't resist this:

5) NCAA staff member reviewing transfer waiver for student-athlete E. W. calls M.E. for guidance on waiver decision:
Staffer: I have a request fro waiver for E.W., her coach got fired and she wants another school now.
M.E.: Is she going to ND or UNC?
Staffer: Unnnh, no.
M.E.: Well that makes it tougher, but possible. It depends on the circumstances. What school does she want?
Staffer: Unnnh, you know, that one you used to work for before they pushed you out for incompetence, UConn.
M.E.: WT*! Unprintable, unprintable, NEVER! You call me about a UConn waiver again, you'll be looking for a job.
Staffer: Yes sir. Waiver denied.

If we are lucky enough that Westbrook decides to come here, and a waiver is granted, I will publicly apologize to the NCAA here on the boneyard.

Mark Emmert = The Antichrist.

Reaction Score
Just a question for the masses here, would Westbrook come to UConn knowing the Tenn/UConn series will start up again next year and play against her old team?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just a question for the masses here, would Westbrook come to UConn knowing the Tenn/UConn series will start up again next year and play against her old team?
Don't know if Westbrook will even be eligible to play next year, but if she ends up at UConn and does gain a waiver from the NCAA to be eligible to play, I figure she'll go off for 50 against her former team....;)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Are you saying that the NCAA and Emmert would act more kindly toward UConn if Shabazz did not call them out? I don't think so.

Yeah, that horse was already WAY outta the barn prior to Napier's remarks. In fact, Napier's comments directly led to the NCAA changing its policy regarding meals for student-athletes. He publicly shamed them into doing something about it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The comment under her farewell Instagram post from Walker has me now pretty confident that she’s coming to UConn.
What was it?

Reaction Score
The comment under her farewell Instagram post from Walker has me now pretty confident that she’s coming to UConn.

I think you are reading a little too much into a smiley face emoji

Reaction Score
Don't know why she would care. I wouldn't, how about you?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
To this point no one knows if she'll commit to UConn or not. What's interesting to me though is I haven't heard of her visiting any other D1 school to get a look-see. If she has I'm sure someone would have put it on blast.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
To this point no one knows if she'll commit to UConn or not. What's interesting to me though is I haven't heard of her visiting any other D1 school to get a look-see. If she has I'm sure someone would have put it on blast.
My only caveat is that with the end of the academic semester at TN, Westbrook will be heading back home to Salem, OR. Eugene is just down the road. She could pop in and meet with Kelly Graves. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My only caveat is that with the end of the academic semester at TN, Westbrook will be heading back home to Salem, OR. Eugene is just down the road. She could pop in and meet with Kelly Graves. I sincerely hope I’m wrong.
Perhaps. But again, she knows those teams. She knows what they have to offer. She and her family have been close to Rueck for years, and she still chose to leave the state. That's telling me something.

Reaction Score
Harper just met with Evina last week and it was affirmed that Evina would transfer. She appears in Storrs a few days after the decision, so she has not had time to look anywhere else. Evina has final exams coming up with the next week. So with many coaches possibly going to the major tournaments this weekend, we may not hear Evina visiting other schools until the first weekend of May

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Perhaps. But again, she knows those teams. She knows what they have to offer. She and her family have been close to Rueck for years, and she still chose to leave the state. That's telling me something.
Hope you’re correct. Sometimes, a long road leads back home, as it did with Destiny Slocum who made it back to OR St by way of MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom