Westbrook | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Please stop. Shepard isn’t the only player to get immediate eligibility. Agreeing with it is a different story
Perhaps not but she did buck the trend line. If Westbrook comes to UConn and gets a waiver to play immediately, that's a good indication that ND just had lucky timing. If not, well then it is reasonable for people to grumble about the apparent disparity of treatment.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is there any chance that Mikayla's decision is related to some information she may have about the Westbrook situation?
1556050953364.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is there any chance that Mikayla's decision is related to some information she may have about the Westbrook situation?
There's a chance ranging anywhere from tiny to huge.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Please stop. Shepard isn’t the only player to get immediate eligibility. Agreeing with it is a different story

Seems like you want to have it both ways. Wanna play in the big leagues ... grow a set or go home. There was nothing in Shepard's circumstances to warrant a free pass, but she got it. What people should realize is that UConn upset the NCAA order, and whenever the NCAA can send a shot UConn's way they will. Corruption, chicanery and greed is the order of the day for the National Cheats Crime Association.

Sorry, but their obvious criminal syndicalism offends me.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Seems like you want to have it both ways. Wanna play in the big leagues ... grow a set or go home. There was nothing in Shepard's circumstances to warrant a free pass, but she got it. What people should realize is that UConn upset the NCAA order, and whenever the NCAA can send a shot UConn's way they will. Corruption, chicanery and greed is the order of the day for the National Cheats Crime Association.

You have to open up and tell us how you really feel.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

I read an article saying that since she had already sat out a year because of an injury, she was given a waiver. I don't know if that is true or not.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I've said this in another thread. Absent any additional players, Mikayla has a very good chance of being the 5th starter next season. I would absolutely expect Geno to be honest with her. If he told Mikayla that he was counting on her to earn the 5th starting role next season, I don't think she would leave. So I think Geno is expecting some other player to fill that spot that is not currently on the team, and I don't think he believes that 5th starter will be Aubrey.

Reaction Score
Here's a wcbb transfer list (with Coombs on it): Women’s Basketball Transfers: Fall 2018–Summer 2019.
I'm not as familiar with these ladies as some of you, but I see that Danielle Patterson is leaving ND, that Louisville has picked up a 6'5" player, and that there are many foreign transfers (some with size).
Think Geno is pouring over this as well as other stuff?

Reaction Score

Who is the head of the NCAA? Wasn't he accused of corruption when he was at UConn? Worst NCAA chairman ever.

Reaction Score

Shabazz Napier calling out the NCAA and Mark Emmert(NCAA president) live on air during the National Championship post game interview certainly did not do UConn any favors.

Reaction Score

Lots of truth. There was no reason to grant the immediate playing eligibility. Whether or not others were granted immediately I don’t know every circumstance but with Sheppard it’s pretty obvious that there’s something odd there

Reaction Score
GMTI (great minds think alike). I was on the verge of responding with that very meme.
You asked of it--you were too specific. Next time do a RANGE to be considered.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier calling out the NCAA and Mark Emmert(NCAA president) live on air during the National Championship post game interview certainly did not do UConn any favors.

Probably one of the most satisfying moments I've had watching MCBB though.

Besides, UCONN was obviously in the cross hairs well before that.

Reaction Score
Probably one of the most satisfying moments I've had watching MCBB though.

Besides, UCONN was obviously in the cross hairs well before that.

Oh, I loved it as well, just saying it probably didn't help matters.

Reaction Score
I've said this in another thread. Absent any additional players, Mikayla has a very good chance of being the 5th starter next season. I would absolutely expect Geno to be honest with her. If he told Mikayla that he was counting on her to earn the 5th starting role next season, I don't think she would leave. So I think Geno is expecting some other player to fill that spot that is not currently on the team, and I don't think he believes that 5th starter will be Aubrey.

Nah, she had no chance at starting next year with or without Westbrook. I think Mikayla saw the writing on the wall in terms of playing time going forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom