Westbrook | The Boneyard

Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen anything from the Horde members or any twitter confirmation of the visit?

Reaction Score
Last I heard a source on the Oregon State board said a credible source said she is going to choose between Oregon or UCONN. Just don’t know when that will be... but that’s just insight on a credible source but who knows... she can’t go wrong with either program.. Oregon is her home state tons of talent , are the favorites to win it all next year.. UCONN best coach of all time also playing with talented players including her good friend Megan... and UCONN is lacking depth more then Oregon but Westbrook is talented and will be starting for both teams so it’s anyones guess. Coming out of high school Oregon State was on her final list... Oregon was never on her list so who really knows. I’m sure we will all find out soon enough ...

Reaction Score
considering the history between the teams I would think the word went out to the media to not ask.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if Geno and/or Evina has asked to keep things quiet. Or maybe there is nothing to report about interest between UConn and Evina, because there is none. This appears to be another situation when we should not only keep our eyes and ears open, but also be as patient as possible.

Reaction Score
Westbrook went through this 2 years ago and maybe she wants to ask all the right questions and make a better choice this time. UConn was one stop. Remember, she is still enrolled at Tenn and finals are approaching. She need not make a decision for a while.

Reaction Score
Do we really think she is interested in coming to Storrs? Or are we just wishful thinking...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Helicopter mom and a kid that threw her coaching staff under the bus. I don't think Auriemma is that desperate.

Now if she was 6'6" it might be a different story. ;)
I disagree. Where do you get that her mom is a "helicopter mom"? The only thing anyone has ever seen was a bunch of posts on the Vol's board where her mom went on social media to defend her daughter against a poster who was criticizing Evina's effort. If there's more out there, I'm not aware of it. Vol fans are vicious and one incident does not make a pattern.

As for throwing the coaching staff under the bus, she was asked the same question different ways by their "horde" numerous times and finally she offered up that changes were needed. By the way, it was also noted that she had the FULL support of her teammates when she made that comment.

So you have a kid who's thrust into the PG position as a freshman, who gets little to no coaching, whose team (which is filled to the brim with talent) struggles and ultimately flames out in the 1st round of the NCAA's as a sophomore, and you wonder why a 19 year old kid answers honestly after being badgered by the press?

I don't pretend to know what she's like on a daily basis, but to cast such aspersions without any real proof isn't fair to her IMHO. If she's visiting Storrs with her good friend and exploring possibly transferring with Geno and the rest of the team, then I trust that coaches etc. It remains to be seen if there is interest on both sides, so I will wait and see and remain hopeful... She's a great talent for sure. Is she a good match? I have no idea...
Do we really think she is interested in coming to Storrs? Or are we just wishful thinking...
Good question. I don't think any of us really know. We will just have to be patient... I tend to think she will end up in Oregon, but the coaching at UCONN is 2nd to none...

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Helicopter mom and a kid that threw her coaching staff under the bus. I don't think Auriemma is that desperate.

Now if she was 6'6" it might be a different story. ;)
This is the kind of nonsense that motivated EW’s mom to lash out at her daughter’s critics at TN. I would urge you and others to stop such critical speculation about this young lady and trust Geno and his staff to make the proper evaluation of whether or not EV is a good fit for UConn WBB.

Reaction Score
I disagree about the helicopter mom thing. Her comments were at the fans who constantly criticize her daughter and the girls on social media. I never saw anything mentioned about the coaching staff or her interfering or complaining.

Reaction Score
This is the kind of nonsense that motivated EW’s mom to lash out at her daughter’s critics at TN. I would urge you and others to stop such critical speculation about this young lady and trust Geno and his staff to make the proper evaluation of whether or not EV is a good fit for UConn WBB.
HEAR! Hear!
EW said, in the mildest possible way, what had to be said, causing the AD to finally do what apparently everyone but he, has known for some considerable time, had to be done. The Lady Vols owe her a large debt of gratitude.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The word around LadyVol Nation is that Fulmer asked for Holly's resignation in January and wanted Holly to leave with a little dignity. Holly declined stating that the team was young and that another (another!) talented group of LOI's were signed and she deserved another year. The first round loss at the Boggie Down was the final straw and provoked Fulmer firing her. Westbrook's comments had nothing to do with it. Not even a little. Now, I don't know if she was asked to resign at the end of the year or in January, but there it is.

Reaction Score
Does she have to sit a year, or with coaching change she is eligible immediately. I should know the answer but don’t

Reaction Score
With all the reasons she won’t fit into the program being brought up, I think the improvements she made from her freshman year to her sophomore year is being over looked. She averaged 14 and 5 on a Tennessee team without much ball movement, yes she forced things at times, but some of his mistakes were just from playing to fast. It was said that she was the top defensive player in her class, and that’s something UConn can use, if the staff likes her then I like her even more, and if she can play right away that would just be like the cherry on top. She’s also the 1st player since Parker to have four 20 point game in a row.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How do we know she is interested?
Our sleuths here in the BY have provided several clues. Obviously, EW is in the transfer portal and it was made very clear by the new HC at TN after talking to EW that she will be leaving TN. Secondly, one of the media guys that cover WBB tweeted a comment that EW was interested in UConn. Finally, the evidence on Megan’s Instagram account that EW was in Storrs this past weekend with her friend from USA b-ball and the McD AA game.

Reaction Score
Our sleuths here in the BY have provided several clues. Obviously, EW is in the transfer portal and it was made very clear by the new HC at TN after talking to EW that she will be leaving TN. Secondly, one of the media guys that cover WBB tweeted a comment that EW was interested in UConn. Finally, the evidence on Megan’s Instagram account that EW was in Storrs this past weekend with her friend from USA b-ball and the McD AA game.
Damn I must have missed the Walker post on her Instagram.

Reaction Score
The answer is if you are Notre Dame the player is immediately eligible, and for everyone else it is sit a year. 2018 Natie will always have that *.

Please stop. Shepard isn’t the only player to get immediate eligibility. Agreeing with it is a different story

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ah, the Boneyard remedial class for those who don't commit to it 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom