Westbrook to Uconn [merged thread] | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Westbrook to Uconn [merged thread]

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
LOL, Am I the only with this thought? :););)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
What great news to wake up to. A couple thoughts on the newest Husky:
  • I do have one concern. With Both Evelyn and Evina on the roster, there's bound to be confusion when Geno calls out a play for Evie? :rolleyes:
Get ready for Geno to coin a new moniker. Maybe "Westie" or "Bayo"?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Depends on players' attitudes and acceptance of team. In two years, Geno will have CW, MW, AM, NM, PB and EW. That's six players, not counting ONO or another big. Yeah, they are versatile players, but obviously they all can't be on the floor at the same time. I trust Geno to work things out, but in Storrs, as elsewhere, players do become disillusioned. I agree with the need for depth, so god forbid, if things don't work out, someone is injured, etc., the team isn't too damaged. But it's a legitimate topic of discussion.
I think the idea is to avoid having one player on the court for 40 minutes. Crystal was clearly worn down at the end of last season. Rotating Crystal, Christyn, Evina, and Anna in the guard/wing spots will be heavenly. Meg will play forward at the 3/4 spots, imo

Three spots x 40 minutes / 4 people = 30 minutes each

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
As to Evina throwing her coaches under the bus and her Mom being a "helicopter mom", I'm going to reserved judgement.

We do not have the complete context of Evina's quote ...

Here is her statement, in context:

"Westbrook: "...steps need to be taken with our staff..."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A couple more thoughts on this wonderful news:
  • Charlie Crème needs to redo his way to early top 25. He should know better than to bet against Geno.
  • There are transfers and there are transfers. Evina now becomes the highest rated transfer ever as far as I know.
  • Assuming Evina is eligible to play next season, I am hoping that the UConn-TN game in January is played in Hartford where I expect the game to be a sellout. It will be one hot ticket to get your hands on.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Della Donne?
Well, perhaps, but EDD was gone before the start of fall classes. She never attended a single practice or played in a game, and when she enrolled at DE, she basically gave up basketball and played volleyball for a time. Hard to think of her as a transfer.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Depends on players' attitudes and acceptance of team. In two years, Geno will have CW, MW, AM, NM, PB and EW. That's six players, not counting ONO or another big. Yeah, they are versatile players, but obviously they all can't be on the floor at the same time. I trust Geno to work things out, but in Storrs, as elsewhere, players do become disillusioned. I agree with the need for depth, so god forbid, if things don't work out, someone is injured, etc., the team isn't too damaged. But it's a legitimate topic of discussion.
You are totally right with regards to the player's attitudes. But I want to point something else out...

Not a single player who enrolled in classes and played for UCONN has EVER transferred and gone on to play hoops in the WNBA. Not a single one. The highest rated players who transferred were Walker, Banks, Edwards, Boykin and Espinosa-Hunter. Jury's out on how AEH will do, but I was using those transfers to make my point about playing time.

This past year every UCONN starter averaged over 30 MPG. Danger was the highest at 34.9 MPG. There's NO reason on a deep team that starters CAN'T average 23-25 MPG AND be totally happy with that. Given the dept and sheer talent, I can see Irwin, Bent, and Camara (if she's not healthy) ONLY really coming in to play the last 3-4 minutes of a game.

In 2 years, UCONN will have lost from the end of this season Danger, Irwin, Bent, Camara, and Adebayo. Thus far they will ONLY have:
SR: Walker, Westbrook
JR: Williams, ONO
SO: Griffin, Makurat
FR: Bueckers, Muhl

I would expect if Geno gets NO other regular/grad transfers, or ANY other player from the Griffin/Makurat class, then he would take at least 2 more kids from Buecker's class, and probably 3 for a total of 5. But, I expect him to add more. I still think we get 1 more kid for this coming season. We will see soon enough tho...

Reaction Score
I don't how to put video's up yet but I want everyone to please go look at NBA LIVE IS MINE aka Breaking news video on Evina Westbrook commitment to UConn on Youtube. The biggest UConn hater I seen up to date. He talks about how playing in the AAC wont make her better and we wont ever win another NC. If someone can find that video and post that would be motivation for all UConn players coaches and fans to dislike his video and prove him wrong

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't how to put video's up yet but I want everyone to please go look at NBA LIVE IS MINE aka Breaking news video on Evina Westbrook commitment to UConn on Youtube. The biggest UConn hater I seen up to date. He talks about how playing in the AAC wont make her better and we wont ever win another NC. If someone can find that video and post that would be motivation for all UConn players coaches and fans to dislike his video and prove him wrong
Man, we're really scraping the bottom of the YouTube barrel.

I didn't know about this person before, and now I regret looking him up. He doesn't even deserve the clicks. His videos are rank-amateurish and, frankly, a bit trashy.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Man, we're really scraping the bottom of the YouTube barrel.

I didn't know about this person before, and now I regret looking him up. He doesn't even deserve the clicks. His videos are rank-amateurish and, frankly, a bit trashy.
I don’t believe it gets any lower than the “bottom of the YouTube barrel,” unless you’re surrounded by fire and brimstone.....:confused:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Lordy be, that guy is something. He is the stereotypical dude who watches no women’s sports, but will tell you “everything” about women’s sports based on what he hears on Sports Center.

And I love how he kept going back to Evina seeing the error of her ways as soon as they get to the NCAA tounamaent. Ummm. Isn’t that what happened this year when UT was one and done?

Ugh. So much ugh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom