Westbrook to Uconn [merged thread] | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Westbrook to Uconn [merged thread]

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I think that may be the long version of Sorry not Sorry.

It's what Sal Marchiano said when ESPN fired him in the early 1990's. I just changed "Bristol, CT" to Knoxville.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So here's the one question I have: how will Westbrook react to UConn WBB culture? It takes a while to figure things out in Storrs. It is a demanding place to play. Westbrook only has two years (assuming a waiver) to do it. There are a few things in her favor:
1) She's hungry to be coached. I think she didn't feel like she was getting enough of that in Knoxville.
2) Megan Walker, and I can't overstate the value of her. She's got a close friend who has already explained the way things work in Storrs and is someone she can vent to.
3) She thought about her decision carefully. I'm sure, give her prior situation, she, her parents, and Geno and Chris had a thoughtful discussion about expectations.

I assume that she'll get a crash course in 'the world according to Daily' over the summer.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't how to put video's up yet but I want everyone to please go look at NBA LIVE IS MINE aka Breaking news video on Evina Westbrook commitment to UConn on Youtube. The biggest UConn hater I seen up to date. He talks about how playing in the AAC wont make her better and we wont ever win another NC. If someone can find that video and post that would be motivation for all UConn players coaches and fans to dislike his video and prove him wrong
Why would you give a troll traffic to his post? It’s exactly what he wants

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You are totally right with regards to the player's attitudes. But I want to point something else out...

Not a single player who enrolled in classes and played for UCONN has EVER transferred and gone on to play hoops in the WNBA. Not a single one. The highest rated players who transferred were Walker, Banks, Edwards, Boykin and Espinosa-Hunter. Jury's out on how AEH will do, but I was using those transfers to make my point about playing time.

This past year every UCONN starter averaged over 30 MPG. Danger was the highest at 34.9 MPG. There's NO reason on a deep team that starters CAN'T average 23-25 MPG AND be totally happy with that. Given the dept and sheer talent, I can see Irwin, Bent, and Camara (if she's not healthy) ONLY really coming in to play the last 3-4 minutes of a game.

In 2 years, UCONN will have lost from the end of this season Danger, Irwin, Bent, Camara, and Adebayo. Thus far they will ONLY have:
SR: Walker, Westbrook
JR: Williams, ONO
SO: Griffin, Makurat
FR: Bueckers, Muhl

I would expect if Geno gets NO other regular/grad transfers, or ANY other player from the Griffin/Makurat class, then he would take at least 2 more kids from Buecker's class, and probably 3 for a total of 5. But, I expect him to add more. I still think we get 1 more kid for this coming season. We will see soon enough tho...
After some unusual activity on the recruiting front, we will have a balanced roster of multiple impact players in each class. It's a long, strange trip, but that is a nice roster. I'd like to see a wing and a post or two in the freshman (2020) class.

Reaction Score
I feel vindicated. My few posts stated that Geno will figure the whole thing out.....smart, shrewd....I've seen him in action with HS recruits many years ago....soooo different than all the others. Did not have anxious look that all the other big time coaches had. Look back at what I said.....Geno knows exactly how to carry it out. Looking forward to enjoying the fruits of his labor in the next few years.

Reaction Score
I can only imagine The Summit right now....(Sorry I had to!)

View attachment 43147
Yeah this isn't going over well at all. Like Margo said at least 10 times in her rant, "UConn??? Really? Girl, of all the places you coulda went, and you go to UConn??

The funniest is their accusation that "She did this on purpose." What??? No, of course it was a random accident. She couldn't help it - totally out of her control that she ended up here. (#$%^&*?????)

Reaction Score
Yeah this isn't going over well at all. Like Margo said at least 10 times in her rant, "UConn??? Really? Girl, of all the places you coulda went, and you go to UConn??

The funniest is their accusation that "She did this on purpose." What??? No, of course it was a random accident. She couldn't help it - totally out of her control that she ended up here. (#$%^&*?????)
Where can i find the margo video?

Reaction Score
And of all the people we could of had a video of who might of had effusive praise for her we have Margo??? Margo???

Reaction Score
Where can i find the margo video?
Above, @pvdoggy's post #82 in this thread. It's over an hour, but it's funny if you can leave it on in the background and listen.

If that gets your appetite going, here's a funny, older, disgruntled Vol fan "life sucks" rant (9 minutes) with some good schadenfreude value. From the period after Holly was fired and Evina entered the portal, but before Kelly Jolly was hired. Fan says top coaches like Mulkey, Walz and Staley won't come to TN because of the pressure of following Pat, and pressure to win right away. Also says Westbrook needs a coach who will make her leave her diva attitude at the door.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Wow. After all of the wretched and humiliating performances put in by her beloved team in the past few years, this is BY FAR the most undone I've ever seen Margo.

She hates us, she really hates us :p
Yeah, I may not agree with her, but I love the passion...true fanatic. Love it. Plus she has The Jeffersons on the TV in the background. Coolio.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If that gets your appetite going, here's a funny, older, disgruntled Vol fan "life sucks" rant (9 minutes) with some good schadenfreude value.

You posted that but not her updated video on EW where she claims Westbrook's move is petty and spiteful? To her credit, this lady has previously openly stated that she despises UConn so at least you know where she's coming from.

Lol

Posted this before hearing her say she wants EW "on her ass" when UConn-Tenn play. She seems to think Westbrook's destination is all about flipping the bird to the Vols. I'm guessing there might be more obvious reasons a player would go to UConn, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Why wouldn't a good player transfer from the SEC to Uconn?. The last world cup coached by Dawn Staley, 4 Uconn players in the starting line-up. Stewie the MVP, and Dawn said we probably played her more then we should have, but we needed her on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom