Westbrook to Uconn [merged thread] | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Westbrook to Uconn [merged thread]

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Courant new article sorta ambivalent on the immediate eligibility possibility.

"There isn’t a rule in place currently that would give Westbrook immediate eligibility because of Tennessee’s coaching change — Holly Warlick was fired and replaced with Kellie Harper recently — but there’s been a lot of discussion in the past year about easing up on transfer rules in certain situations, especially when coaching changes are involved.

The NCAA has already put a new rule in place for freshmen that would allow them to transfer with immediate eligibility if a coaching change takes place before the first day of fall classes and they’ve already been enrolled in summer school and received financial aid. As the NCAA continues to tweak transfer rules and address how coaching changes effect athletes, it seems likely Westbrook might be eligible to play in the fall."

"likely ... might" hmmmm

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Over an hour to say You Are Dead To Me! In reality every Vol fan should kiss Evina on the cheek, because the wicked Holly is no more and just maybe Evina's post-game got the AD off the fence.
The word is Fulmer asked for Holly's resignation in January, long before the infamous interview. Holly then asked for more time citing the teams youth and inexperience. Fulmer at that point clearly had Holly short leashed. At the time I stated that Holly had handed in her letter, but I was misinformed of the facts. Evina was no more responsible for Holly's firing than I. Welcome aboard playa. Husky for life.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I can only imagine The Summit right now....(Sorry I had to!)

View attachment 43147

Maybe more like this

Reaction Score
You posted that but not her updated video on EW where she claims Westbrook's move is petty and spiteful? To her credit, this lady has previously openly stated that she despises UConn so at least you know where she's coming from.

Lol

Posted this before hearing her say she wants EW "on her ass" when UConn-Tenn play. She seems to think Westbrook's destination is all about flipping the bird to the Vols. I'm guessing there might be more obvious reasons a player would go to UConn, but that's just me.

That was great! Everyone should hear this- definitely worth your 9 minutes. Gotta feel like this is representative of how most hard core LV fans really feel. She’s lobbying for physical violence against Westbrook - “but nothing career-ending.”

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I wonder if Westbrook will wear #2 or go back to her high school/AAU days and wear #22. She’s a very talented player and could be that team leader who can make plays off the dribble consistently, something that UConn hasn’t had in a while.
She has company now, C. Williams and A. Griffin, with P. Bueckers and Muhl coming. They all can make plays off the dribble and create their own shots.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if she is granted a waiver but I hope to be proven wrong. Unlike an ND transfer, she didn’t play for her new coach for a year, then decide to transfer. The same player got to immediately play.
But there was another player on the Nebraska team that left the previous year without playing for the new coach and was also granted a waiver.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
But there was another player on the Nebraska team that left the previous year without playing for the new coach and was also granted a waiver.
Natalie Romero if my memory serves correctly. Went to Washington. However, remember Connie Yori was fired with cause. So the atmosphere at Nebraska is what the NCAA also takes under consideration.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She has company now, C. Williams and A. Griffin, with P. Bueckers and Muhl coming. They all can make plays off the dribble and create their own shots.

Ask can Ania Makurat.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Crystal? She's a pass first PG but she can create her own shot. In fact one of the things I like best about Westbrook joining the team is that it Crystal the opportunity to play off the ball more. Look for offensive production to improve next year if Westbrook gets the waiver.

Reaction Score
That was great! Everyone should hear this- definitely worth your 9 minutes. Gotta feel like this is representative of how most hard core LV fans really feel. She’s lobbying for physical violence against Westbrook - “but nothing career-ending.”

Some fans really need to get a life. I would bet that the players on both sides do not feel anything remotely like this.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Check out the picture of KML embracing Evina Westbrook on EV's Twitter page.

EW has said KML was the toughest player she's ever faced. I couldn't figure out when that would've been. Must've been a camp or something. Cool pics.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I was wondering if there was the requisite picture of Evina & Geno that always accompanies these announcements. Evidently, mom was holding onto that one to post from her own account for Mother’s Day.

By the way, Eva Westbrook looks young enough to be Evina’s big sister.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
TN was a bad situation and HW was a lousy coach. Everything I’ve read or seen tells me that Evina is desperate to be coached and to win. So much so that she’s sought out the opportunity to play for the most demanding HC in WBB. How about everyone on the BY giving this young lady our support.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
TN was a bad situation and HW was a lousy coach. Everything I’ve read or seen tells me that Evina is desperate to be coached and to win. So much so that she’s sought out the opportunity to play for the most demanding HC in WBB. How about everyone on the BY giving this young lady our support.
Just asking? Certainly Walker told her UCONN is no walk in the park as evidenced by all three of Walker's draftmate leaving UCONN. I hope she has started doing sprints to keep up with her friend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom