Weirdest thing you've bought in lock down | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Weirdest thing you've bought in lock down

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Darts was the primary past time at UConn. I still have my board and darts I bought junior year. Great scoring apps on iOS or Android too. Teach the kid to play.
We spent a lot of time throwing darts at Ted's. We also used to go to a place in Hartford with a good dartboard setup, and they had a huge bottled beer selection in big self-serve refrigerators. You picked out what you wanted and brought it to the bartenders to open it. I can't remember the name of the place to save my life.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We spent a lot of time throwing darts at Ted's. We also used to go to a place in Hartford with a good dartboard setup, and they had a huge bottled beer selection in big self-serve refrigerators. You picked out what you wanted and brought it to the bartenders to open it. I can't remember the name of the place to save my life.

I remember that place. If it what I remember it opened not long before I left for law school. Can't recall the name.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I bought a "grow your own mushroom" farm.

At first, I thought it was a box of wet mulch, but 4 weeks later, I'm up to my ears in baby portabellos.
This interests me. Do you happen to have a link?

Reaction Score
And as I'm in this thread my wife just walked in with another package. Literally exact same time. I said, "Another one?" She said, "It's the only way to buy things these days."

Reaction Score
UV light to kill the virus?

LOL no - but my wife and I both have tanning memberships - and realized that would just be a money saver in the long run to have our own bed.

Reaction Score
Ah yes, The Spigot. Spent many a nights there and yes we played darts there also. I actually still have my own darts that I got to play there.

Reaction Score
I bought something off an IG ad for the first time during quarantine.. You put this thing in your aux chord and makes your radio bluetooth. Best $5 ive ever spent tbch.

Reaction Score
The Spigot

I was there a few months ago. New ownership and a little bit different these days. Still have darts and the bottle cooler, but they're trying to pull the place into the 19th century. Frankly, I liked the way it was better.

Reaction Score
This interests me. Do you happen to have a link?

For a week, I was convinced it was just wet mulch. About 10 days in you could see the little tiny mushrooms and they double in size every day until you harvest. They say you can get 5-6 harvests. My first harvest was 22 mushrooms each the size of an apricot or nectarine.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

For a week, I was convinced it was just wet mulch. About 10 days in you could see the little tiny mushrooms and they double in size every day until you harvest. They say you can get 5-6 harvests. My first harvest was 22 mushrooms each the size of an apricot or nectarine.
Thanks! I'm gonna try this. Was yours the smaller one?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was there a few months ago. New ownership and a little bit different these days. Still have darts and the bottle cooler, but they're trying to pull the place into the 19th century. Frankly, I liked the way it was better.
LOVE the Spig. Went there like 10 times last summer to drink, play darts, watch games and eat. Easily one of my favorite spots in the area. I love that you can bring food in. Can also play cards and do whatever as long as you're buying beers and being respectful. The crowd is a nice mix and there's no snobs to be found. Place is awesome - I can't wait for normal to return. I may have to buy my own sets of darts now though!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
LOVE the Spig. Went there like 10 times last summer to drink, play darts, watch games and eat. Easily one of my favorite spots in the area. I love that you can bring food in. Can also play cards and do whatever as long as you're buying beers and being respectful. The crowd is a nice mix and there's no snobs to be found. Place is awesome - I can't wait for normal to return. I may have to buy my own sets of darts now though!
I spent a lot of time there for a couple years during law school, especially on the dart board. My best friend got me a great set of darts as my graduation present and I still use them to this day, and would recommend them. 24 gram Powerpoint Steel Tips, 90% Tungsten. Try to go to a place where you can throw a bunch of different ones before buying.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I spent a lot of time there for a couple years during law school, especially on the dart board. My best friend got me a great set of darts as my graduation present and I still use them to this day, and would recommend them. 24 gram Powerpoint Steel Tips, 90% Tungsten. Try to go to a place where you can throw a bunch of different ones before buying.

I went to "club spigot" mainly from around '90 'til probably '92. Tail end of undergrad and through the MBA program. I had my darts in my VW "Rabbit "GTI glovebox for years, then another car, then another. Ted's was the late night staple during the week. But also spent some great time hanging at places like the Bidwell for birthdays etc. Had a couple of rager parties at the weird Chuck's/Margaritas place in the middle of nowhere. Then there was the Civic Pub pre-gaming for Civic Center games and of course the Russian Lady. I'm guessing a few of us have rubbed elbows IRL. Cheers!

Wow I'm old.

Reaction Score
Nothing “weird” just a bunch of things to keep me occupied during lockdown.
1. Chess board- wanted to learn the game, quite fun.
2. Fitbit- on sale at Kohl’s.

now I need wireless headphones to go with the Fitbit. Anyone know of any decent off brand ones?

Reaction Score
Bought and A5 wagyu steak. It was our anniversary and we weren't going to a fancy restaurant. No baby sitter expenses (just waited for them to go to sleep). Nice steak and lobster with many nice sides. Great excuse to spend too much on a steak.

Reaction Score
A thong made from a facemask.

Nothing wrong with that. The new type comfortable women’s bra was made with two jockstr@ps. I guess that is t@king advantage of materials that are conviently
availabld

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom