Weirdest thing you've bought in lock down | The Boneyard

Weirdest thing you've bought in lock down

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So I know many of us are going a little stir crazy while being safer at home. What have you bought that you probably never would have?

My odd purchase was a Pitchback net so I can throw a baseball and have a catch with myself in the back yard.

Reaction Score
So I know many of us are going a little stir crazy while being safer at home. What have you bought that you probably never would have?

My odd purchase was a Pitchback net so I can throw a baseball and have a catch with myself in the back yard.

So you were playing with yourself in the back yard then? ;)

Reaction Score

That's a great idea

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I used this opportunity to buy a cast iron dutch oven that the SO didn't want in the house. And the main reason for the CIDO was to bake no-knead bread. First loaf not great but good for french toast. Second loaf was pretty good but not quite there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I ordered a Kindle and five pounds of Twizzlers off of Amazon and had no memory of it.

Package came about two weeks later and I thought it was a mistake, but nope, I ordered it.

Twizzlers are long gone and I am enjoying the Kindle.

(Also, I am at this very moment re-seasoning our cast iron Dutch oven. Works fine for no-knead bread, but you gotta be careful that the bottom is not too close to the lowest element or the bottom of the bread will burn.)

Reaction Score
My wife could win this thread. I swear a package a day shows up on my doorstep. And I know it
contains some nonsense.
My wife could give your wife a run for your money. Like you, it seems a package a day is showing up.

A couple weeks ago a package comes and I bring it in the garage (we've been letting packages sit there for a couple days before opening them). I told my wife I just put a package in the garage. She looks at it and says it's a dart board and a board to put it on (so you don't put darts into your wall). I said, "Who's it for?" It was for me and my son. But I haven't played darts in probably 25 years and my son never has. I say, "Why do we need a dart board?" I guess she thought it was a good idea for us to play since there are no live sports on. But we never asked for it and 2 weeks later it's still sitting in the garage unopened.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My wife could give your wife a run for your money. Like you, it seems a package a day is showing up.

A couple weeks ago a package comes and I bring it in the garage (we've been letting packages sit there for a couple days before opening them). I told my wife I just put a package in the garage. She looks at it and says it's a dart board and a board to put it on (so you don't put darts into your wall). I said, "Who's it for?" It was for me and my son. But I haven't played darts in probably 25 years and my son never has. I say, "Why do we need a dart board?" I guess she thought it was a good idea for us to play since there are no live sports on. But we never asked for it and 2 weeks later it's still sitting in the garage unopened.

Take it out of the box. You'll start playing.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

I just asked my wife what the over/under is for packages showing up this week. She said 4 or 5. It’s ridiculous.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
When all this started and our state liquor stores closed, I ordered 5 bottles of booze from a distiller. They ended up double shipping. So I found myself with 4 bottles of vodka, 4 of gin and 2 liters of rum. I knew I'd be taking care of the gin with G&Ts and negronis all summer, but 4 bottles of vodka seemed a bit much.

While I was never much of a bloody mary drinker, I decided that since I was being less active due to stay-in-place and a bum knee, I might as well use the downtime to reduce my beer intake and replace it with vitamin-laden V8 or other red vegetable juice. With vodka.

It's going so well that I've already had to restock on horseradish and Worcestershire.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When all this started and our state liquor stores closed, I ordered 5 bottles of booze from a distiller. They ended up double shipping. So I found myself with 4 bottles of vodka, 4 of gin and 2 liters of rum. I knew I'd be taking care of the gin with G&Ts and negronis all summer, but 4 bottles of vodka seemed a bit much.

Vodka is just gin that hasn't happened yet.

Get some juniper berries, some other crap you like, some mason jars and make gin.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Vodka is just gin that hasn't happened yet.

Get some juniper berries, some other crap you like, some mason jars and make gin.

I just happen to have mason jars, juniper berries and other crap I like!

This sounds like a project I could get into. A few years ago when I was working with a local Chinese restaurant, I made some lychee infused vodka for a special Valentine's Day cocktail menu. Worked out well. I still have some of that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just happen to have mason jars, juniper berries and other crap I like!

This sounds like a project I could get into. A few years ago when I was working with a local Chinese restaurant, I made some lychee infused vodka for a special Valentine's Day cocktail menu. Worked out well. I still have some of that.

You‘re ready to roll - plenty of how-to’s on the internet. Let me know how you make out.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I love my pack of 12 neck gaiters. Like another poster they came from China but were probably made in Bangladesh. They came in all different colors so I am stylin' and color coordinated when I go to the Market or out on my bike. Won't be calling this Connecticut boy a redneck any time soon

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You‘re ready to roll - plenty of how-to’s on the internet. Let me know how you make out.
I’m thinking it ends with him misjudging the proof and going blind.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My mom texted on Saturday to let me know that a package from Amazon was coming that day. She had ordered something for my soon to be 3 year old daughter: plush dolls of the main characters from PJ Masks, her favorite TV show. Owlette showed up on my porch, and we facetimed with my mom while my daughter opened it. She was very excited! A couple of hours later, Catboy showed up. Again, my daughter was thrilled. Then she starts asking when the third main character, Gecko, was going to arrive. We ask my mom, and apparently she couldn't find that doll online. All sold out on Amazon.

A little searching revealed that it was on back order. I finally found the doll on Walmart. So of course now I had no choice but to order this damn doll (marked up to $20 for this little plushie when the others were $7 on amazon) and it's showing up in a week.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
We are the proud owners of 2 Brittany puppies, now 9 months old They replaced the Brittany we had that passed away a year and a half ago. One is fearless, king of his castle, thinks he's king of mine. The other is not. She's timid, trembles frequently, easily frightened.

So I bought these for their kennels:

Plates.jpg

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
We got a squat rack, 2 bars, and like 400lbs of bumper plates from rogue. I wasn’t planning on getting a home gym for a couple of years but not being able to lift kinda forced us to haha.

Reaction Score
:cool:

Don't know how wierd it is, but bought a John Deere tractor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom