Weirdest thing you've bought in lock down | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Weirdest thing you've bought in lock down

Reaction Score
Nintendo switch - can play online with my son, nephew, grand nieces - been a blast playing Mario Maker 2 with the 6 and 8 year old - whole new generation of Mario lovers.

Reaction Score
something to play with and make noise

korg.jpg

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My wife could win this thread. I swear a package a day shows up on my doorstep. And I know it
contains some nonsense.
Young(ish - compared to us anyway) couple next door would be the absolute winner in this category. Hardly a day goes by (other than Sundays, and even then on occasion) that one or more of the USPS, UPS, Fedex delivery triumvirate doesn't leave multiple packages on their porch. It got worse when she was laid off at the start of the shelter in place deal.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We absolutely get daily amazon orders (me 32, wife 28, baby 4 months). Nothing super crazy just stuff we would have typically ran to Target/Walgreens for. Also currently painting/putting peel and stick tiles in both bathrooms so random stuff for that

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Triumvirate is one of my favorite words. Except I usually use it when discussing healthcare/pharma/insurance.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Potato/potahto
well, the vodka I'm using for this him experiment is grain. the potato is for drinking straight.

and we're kinda wild & wonderful, but we don't burn couches here ;)

Reaction Score
When all this started and our state liquor stores closed, I ordered 5 bottles of booze from a distiller. They ended up double shipping. So I found myself with 4 bottles of vodka, 4 of gin and 2 liters of rum. I knew I'd be taking care of the gin with G&Ts and negronis all summer, but 4 bottles of vodka seemed a bit much.
Getting a lot of alcohol is never a "weird thing". :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Triumvirate is one of my favorite words. Except I usually use it when discussing healthcare/pharma/insurance.
Even I had that last week, the threefer. I was hoping to hit for the cycle - USPS, UPS, FedEx, Amazon. But the Fed Ex got moved back a day, thwarting my goal.

Reaction Score
Not weird for most, but I purchased a paperback copy of The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham the other day. I’ve never been a big book reader, but as a young investor I’m excited to finally read it after several recommendations.

Reaction Score
my parents got my almost 2 yr old a sandbox...i made sure it stays at their house

i bought a set of patio furniture for the deck I finally finished building...and now I can't have people over to enjoy it with

Reaction Score
A few used books.

I love reading, but since I have a nice library and I hate having stuff in the house, I never purchase books.

Now that the library is closed and I ran out of books from the library (I checked out four books just a mere minutes before it closed indefinitely), I've begun purchasing used books, the cheaper the better.

Reaction Score
my parents got my almost 2 yr old a sandbox...i made sure it stays at their house

i bought a set of patio furniture for the deck I finally finished building...and now I can't have people over to enjoy it with

You can - just need to sit 6 feet away from them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My wife could give your wife a run for your money. Like you, it seems a package a day is showing up.

A couple weeks ago a package comes and I bring it in the garage (we've been letting packages sit there for a couple days before opening them). I told my wife I just put a package in the garage. She looks at it and says it's a dart board and a board to put it on (so you don't put darts into your wall). I said, "Who's it for?" It was for me and my son. But I haven't played darts in probably 25 years and my son never has. I say, "Why do we need a dart board?" I guess she thought it was a good idea for us to play since there are no live sports on. But we never asked for it and 2 weeks later it's still sitting in the garage unopened.

Darts was the primary past time at UConn. I still have my board and darts I bought junior year. Great scoring apps on iOS or Android too. Teach the kid to play.

My oddball purchases include a pulse oximeter. I find it comforting (or terrifying, depending). I also got airpods to use on Zoom meetings. Mixed results there. Finally got cork yoga blocks. Doing Man Flow Yoga via You Tube. Helps.

I ordered some nice bourbon and Scotch delivered. We are probably saving a lot of money on gas, food, entertainment, travel etc. So what the hell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom