Weekly Recruiting Summary 4/21/17 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Weekly Recruiting Summary 4/21/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Highlights from this year. Those post moves look pretty solid.

Reaction Score

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Only advanced stat that doesn't look good is Box +/- which isn't surprising given the fact that Green Bay is a bad team.
Box +/- is the one to care about – it's the best readily available advanced statistic, since it measures a player's overall contribution to the team within context, rather than just in a vacuum (i.e., it's not just a raw +/- readout). It's basically "How does the team do when you're on the court?"

As you said, Green Bay was a bad team last year. Nonetheless, Kanter was ninth on the squad in total Box +/-. Which is to say that when he was on the court, he made a bad team worse.

About Box Plus/Minus (BPM) | Basketball-Reference.com
Nylon Calculus 101: Plus-Minus and Adjusted Plus-Minus

Reaction Score
Box +/- is the one to care about – it's the best readily available advanced statistic, since it measures a player's overall contribution to the team within context, rather than just in a vacuum (i.e., it's not just a raw +/- readout). It's basically "How does the team do when you're on the court?"

As you said, Green Bay was a bad team last year. Nonetheless, Kanter was ninth on the squad in total Box +/-- Which is to say that when he was on the court, he made a bad team worse.

About Box Plus/Minus (BPM) | Basketball-Reference.com
Nylon Calculus 101: Plus-Minus and Adjusted Plus-Minus

PER and Win Shares are both "box-score" stats that are used to evaluate players. Kanter has easily the best PER on the team and is tied for the best WS. All of these stats that try to capture the full impact of a player are always going to be lacking in some way, but most people consider WS to be the best overall advanced metric.

Reaction Score

No inside info, have never felt this kid was coming here. Not that this tweet changes anything. Just a gut feel from long time following recruiting. Anyone else get that vibe?

Reaction Score
No inside info, have never felt this kid was coming here. Not that this tweet changes anything. Just a gut feel from long time following recruiting. Anyone else get that vibe?
After the comments that have been made by the Mass Rivals coach regarding Glen Miller, and MAL decommitting while being teammates with Wilson, I do not feel good about Reeves, Duke, or Wilson. I don't think we'll do well locally until 2019's class.

I think they'll focus on Carey over Duke/Reeves, and will be in the Quickley sweepstakes. Also, I know Shittu plays in VT, but I think we'll be in on him all the way too.

Reaction Score
After the comments that have been made by the Mass Rivals coach regarding Glen Miller, and MAL decommitting while being teammates with Wilson, I do not feel good about Reeves, Duke, or Wilson. I don't think we'll do well locally until 2019's class.

I think they'll focus on Carey over Duke/Reeves, and will be in the Quickley sweepstakes. Also, I know Shittu plays in VT, but I think we'll be in on him all the way too.

I hope we go in hard on Quickley but we better not turn down someone else in the top 40 for him like we supposedly did with Diallo.

Reaction Score
Glen Miller may have been our lead NEPSAC recruiter, but I'm sure KO has a relationship with all these kids as well. It's not over, although I think they're going to end up liking what Ed Cooley is pushing for them at Providence. But we're in on many quality 2018 guards, we'll be okay. Quickley, Quinerly, Carey are all great, great players.

Reaction Score

Chillious recruits nationally, look at his recruits at Washington. Diarra is from Missouri, Harris is from North Carolina, Fultz was from Washington ETC...

Reaction Score

He is my #1 want right now. We really need someone in his exact playstyle for next year. Efficient scorer and is not ball dominant.

Via @tcf15

Eligible immediately and for 2 seasons. Graduated as a junior.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No it wouldn't. I don't care that Durham only averaged 2 points and 2 rebound per game. Losing him completely diminishes the ceiling of next years team in a way that a low-end four star recruit and <20 MPG grad transfer can't undo.

Johnson would be a huge get but he isn't filling the gaping hole we have in the middle and I suspect he will see that and head elsewhere.
If we got Sandro, I'd have to disagree. I know all I saw was high light tapes but of all the players in that above list he's my #1. Put him with any other two and I'm going all scrappy on you guys.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Chief is truly a master. Now literally anything can be announced in the next.....forever.....and he can take credit for it. Just as he's done in the past. Amazing....

Cca71BD.jpg

Reaction Score
Maybe i'm in the minority, but i'd much rather have Larrier on the wing than the block/elbow, he's one of the few guys on next years team who can create their own shot.

In KOs system, who you defend is much more important than where you are on offense.

Can Johnson/Larrier defend the 4? Then they are the "4." Heck, if Alterique can defend the 4, he'll be the "4" The offense will play to whatever their strengths are (well, hopefully..) on the other end. Positionless is where it's at

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If you're going to argue that Ollie won with a loaded roster, please turn over your posts from the fall of 2012 identifying those players as championship caliber.

Until then, we will wonder if you were even alive back then.

Reaction Score

The kid can play ball and seems to have a lot of passion on the defensive end of the floor based on watching multiple videos. He would be a great team asset and supplement Jalen's and Altrique's as well as Larrier's game when he is on the floor. I would take him. He is eligible immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom