Week 3 games (Nov. 18-24) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 3 games (Nov. 18-24)

Reaction Score
NC State plays their first road game of the year, visiting St. Marys on their way to the Hawaii tournament, where a showdown with Texas looms.

If HuskyNan reads this post...please contact me. I had to register for a new account because I could not remember the password for my old one (I've been a Boneyard member as LETTERL for several years) and never received the password reset e-mail from the site when I tried to re-set my password.

Reaction Score
NC State plays its first road game of the year, visiting St. Marys on their way to the Hawaii tournament, where a showdown with Texas looms.

If HuskyNan reads this post...please contact me. I had to register for a new account because I could not remember the password for my old one (I've been a Boneyard member as LETTERL for several years) and never received the password reset e-mail from the site when I tried to re-set my password.

Reaction Score
I like Marylands lineup with Austin, Mikesell, Charles, Watson, Owusu.

Much better chemistry than Brenda's other lineups.

Reaction Score
Old Dominion looking like they shall continue their reign as the only unbeaten in the Commonwealth of Virginia! UConn's win is looking less and less impressive. Hoos trail 46-43 with 45 seconds to go.

Reaction Score
I like Marylands lineup with Austin, Mikesell, Charles, Watson, Owusu.

Much better chemistry than Brenda's other lineups.
I never understood the Owusu, Miller, Charles, Mikesell and Jones lineup way back in October. Shakira in the starting lineup was the correct move. Owusu is probably 2nd for national freshman of the year next to Boston of South Carolina. Diamond Miller had a really good game this afternoon.

Reaction Score
9:11 left 1st quarter...NC State has sprinted out to a 4-0 lead. St. Marys already called timeout after a turnover resulted in a runaway layup.

Reaction Score
End of 1st quarter...NC State leads St. Marys, 24-17. After the timeout, there was over 9 minutes of consecutive action. Both teams shooting well from THREE. Kai Crutchfield has hit 2 for NC State, with Ace Koenig and Jakia Brown-Turner contributing 1 each. In the low post, Elissa Cunane has 4 points for NC State.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
4:55 left 2nd quarter...NC State leads St. Marys, 37-26. In the 2nd quarter, two NC State players who were lost last season to ACL injuries have seen their first action of the season (Grace Hunter and Kayla Ealey).

Reaction Score
I never understood the Owusu, Miller, Charles, Mikesell and Jones lineup way back in October. Shakira in the starting lineup was the correct move. Owusu is probably 2nd for national freshman of the year next to Boston of South Carolina. Diamond Miller had a really good game this afternoon.

Maryland's freshmen class is superb. Miller looked more comfortable today.

Under rated and not talked about much is Masonius who is a great little player coming off the bench. Tough gritty player who is just active.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I didnt know that Troy was playing Miss State tonight.... I should be watching and scouting.... they (Troy) invade Cameron Indoor on Sunday.

Neither team playing defense

Duke should score 100

I told you that there was no way Duke would score 100 vs Troy..... but yall dont want to listen to me
33.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NC State plays their first road game of the year, visiting St. Marys on their way to the Hawaii tournament, where a showdown with Texas looms.

@HuskyNan Help my fellow Tobacco Road Friend out please

Reaction Score
Halftime: NC State leads St. Marys, 41-32. Jada Boyd and Kai Crutchfield with 10 points each for NC State.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I streamed some of Arizona @ Montana. Easy win for the Cats not surprisingly. I've caught a few of their games. I continue to be impressed w/ Fr. Helena Pueyo from Spain. Displays a good fundamental understanding of the game, does a bit of everything. Nice shooting touch. She's not putting up big numbers but she's a valuable contributor and I can see her being really good a few years down the road.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford struggling to put Buffalo away. Lexie is the only starter scoring much. Carrington and Williams still not getting it going.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lexie w/ back to back run outs for layups. She has 21 on 8-12 shooting, the other 4 starters have 14 combined. 'Furd now up 56-45.

Reaction Score
There are a few more freshman out there beyond the freshman on the Maryland squad, and way too early to be anointing any player for national player of the year (freshman or otherwise).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Buffalo quickly cut a 13 point deficit down to 6, Stanford pushed it back to 11 at the end of Q3.

Reaction Score
End of 3rd quarter...NC State leads St. Marys, 61-45. Freshmen Jada Boyd and Jakia Brown-Turner the leading scorers for NC State so far...with Sophomore Kai Crutchfield third.

Reaction Score
There are a few more freshman out there beyond the freshman on the Maryland squad, and way too early to be anointing any player for national player of the year (freshman or otherwise).

Dyaisha Fair of Buffalo is my early front runner. She's averaging 26.4 ppg, and over 5 assists per game heading into Maples Pavillion. It's hard to dispute those numbers. She has 24 against Stanford so far and is blowing by the Stanford guards with ease.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford bench coming up big. Prechtel, Jones and Jump have combined for 36 points. Now up 81-65 w/ just over 2 minutes left.

Is Carrington hurt or is she just sitting because she's been ineffective?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom