Week 3 games (Nov. 18-24) | The Boneyard

Week 3 games (Nov. 18-24)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kind of a slow week; not as many compelling matchups as last week.

Tues., Nov. 19
  • #22 South Florida at #2 Baylor (8p ET, ESPN+). The last time the Bulls visited Waco was exactly 4 years ago (11/19/15). In that game, USF was 1 point down with 2 minutes to play and ended up losing 66-63. USF was led by Courtney Williams (23 points), Laura Ferreira (14 points) and Alisia Jenkins (14 rebounds). Sadly, I have a feeling this game won't be nearly as close. (Fun to see the boxscore: Stats (PDF) - USF Athletics).

Wed., Nov. 20
  • George Washington at #9 Maryland (7p, BTN+). Good news for GW is that Wake transfer Ariel Stephenson made her debut in their last game. Bad news: Louisville transfer Sydney Zambrotta missed that game (I'm not sure why). Rizzotti really needs both of them on the floor for this one.
  • Washington State at Boise State (7p, Mountain West Digital Network). Both of these teams should be better than they were last year. Much is expected of BSU.
  • Princeton at Iowa (7:30p, BTN+). Princeton has been playing well, but both Alarie and Littlefield exited their previous game with injuries.
Thu. Nov. 21
  • Missouri at South Dakota (8p ET, live stream). South Dakota is 3-0 and coming off overtime wins over Drake and Utah. Missouri has struggled, going 1-3 against a fairly tough opening schedule.
Sat., Nov. 23
  • Notre Dame at #21 Michigan (1p, BTN+). And just that fast, Muffet's back in her cherished underdog role.
  • Rice at Oklahoma State (3p, ESPN+). Rice lost its last road game at SMU but then nearly beat TAMU at home. Which Rice team will show up?
  • Oklahoma at Houston (3p). Keeping in the spirit of exchange between H-Town and the False Starters State.
  • #17 Miami at #19 DePaul (4:30p, live stream). Final of Maggie Dixon Classic.
  • #6 Texas A&M at Southern Cal (8:30p, https://pac-12.com/live/usc). Aggies return to where Carter had her breakout game as a freshman two years ago.
Sun. Nov. 24
  • #1 Oregon at #17 Syracuse (4p, ACCN). Oregon struggled mightily to put away Syracuse last year at home. Could be a good challenge for them.
  • #20 Arkansas at Cal (5p, free live stream).
  • Rutgers at LSU (8p, SECN). Two NCAA tournament hopefuls. The first good look at Rutgers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Missouri has had a rough start to their season. They lost a tough OT game against Nebraska early in the season.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Yes the first good look at us. But we are a work in process that won’t be finished until Morris is eligible.

Reaction Score
@Plebe, how did you leave off your "Week 3 Game", the Thursday throw-down at Gill Coliseum: Mighty Thunderbirds of Southern Utah vs Oregon State University? Nevermind, I know why you left it off the Week 3 Game summary. Incidentally, this game will be the 1st sell-out at Gill Coliseum this season. Dozens of Yellow School Buses, with screaming grade schoolers, will descend upon Gill Coliseum. Great event, and another way OSU endures their WCBB team to the communities in Oregon.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
@Plebe, how did you leave off your "Week 3 Game", the Thursday throw-down at Gill Coliseum: Mighty Thunderbirds of Southern Utah vs Oregon State University? Nevermind, I know why you left it off the Week 3 Game summary. Incidentally, this game will be the 1st sell-out at Gill Coliseum this season. Dozens of Yellow School Buses, with screaming grade schoolers, will descend upon Gill Coliseum. Great event, and another way OSU endures endears their WCBB team to the communities in Oregon.

Guessing the change was correct?

Plebe

Reaction Score
@Plebe, how did you leave off your "Week 3 Game", the Thursday throw-down at Gill Coliseum: Mighty Thunderbirds of Southern Utah vs Oregon State University? Nevermind, I know why you left it off the Week 3 Game summary. Incidentally, this game will be the 1st sell-out at Gill Coliseum this season. Dozens of Yellow School Buses, with screaming grade schoolers, will descend upon Gill Coliseum. Great event, and another way OSU endures their WCBB team to the communities in Oregon.
Ha, yes, you'll notice my list tends to steer away from the Parade of the Cupcakes and Jelly Rolls, e.g.:

South Carolina vs. South Carolina Upstate
Mississippi State vs. Jackson State
UCLA vs. Northern Colorado
Florida State vs. Illinois-Chicago
Kentucky vs. Morehead State
Michigan State vs. Oakland
Miami vs. North Carolina A&T

... and yes, Oregon State vs. Southern Utah, a team that went 8-23 last year (4-16 in the Big Sky).

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
We need to beat Rutgers, need quality wins for future RPI
We have a week between games, so plenty of times to prepare for you guys.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Big rivalry game this week in Durham. Idaho State vs Duke. You can definitely throw out the record books when the Bengals and Blue Devils meet on the hardcourt.

I haven't bought liquor since 2004.... So any recommendations are appreciated

Reaction Score
Big rivalry game this week in Durham. Idaho State vs Duke. You can definitely throw out the record books when the Bengals and Blue Devils meet on the hardcourt.

Reaction Score
Too bad Taylor Jones sister isn’t on the SUU squad anymore. Would have been cool to see them match up.

Plebe

Reaction Score

I don't think you'll need it on Thursday. Idaho State was only so-so last year by mid-major standards (good by Big Sky standards, a weak conference), but they lost almost all their main contributors to graduation. They're probably not any better than High Point.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Yeah, but it pales in comparison to the storied rivalry between Duke and Alaska-Anchorage.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Tomorrow - Wednesday - is the equivalent event in Tucson, against Prairie View. We don't go. Parking is near impossible and my professor friend called it "yellow buses all over campus" It doesn't sell out, but I will say that - until the WNIT final last year - it was all the largest crowds year by year.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
No denying it. She is a stud and a foundational piece. Just needs more experience.
Yes! I get excited thinking of how good she will be as a junior or senior.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well Jen isn’t disappointing me! Maryland winning 11-2 shooting well and making GW look like 8th graders. No Zambrotta or Stephenson sighting.
Maryland looks much better withAustin and Watson in the starting lineup.
Stephenson is IN!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Notre Dame trailed almost the entire game against Toledo until mid-4Q, ended up winning by 3. Mind you, this is a Toledo team that lost to Dayton by 22.

If not for ND's 21-5 advantage in FT attempts... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well Jen isn’t disappointing me! Maryland winning 11-2 shooting well and making GW look like 8th graders. No Zambrotta or Stephenson sighting.
Maryland looks much better withAustin and Watson in the starting lineup.
Stephenson is IN!
I agree about Maryland looking better. They’ve been playing better with Jones and Miller coming off the bench and Austin and Watson in the lineup. All players have been playing better whether starting or off the bench. They had 20+ assists in the last two games and only 9 and 10 in the two games before that. Nice adjustment by Brenda.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom