Week 3 games (Nov. 18-24) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 3 games (Nov. 18-24)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Notre Dame trailed almost the entire game against Toledo until mid-4Q, ended up winning by 3. Mind you, this is a Toledo team that lost to Dayton by 22.

If not for ND's 21-5 advantage in FT attempts... :rolleyes:
Thank goodness for the nationwide conspiracy among wcbb refs!

Anyhow, I was not surprised by how the game went. ND is not a good team right now. Every game is going to be a struggle.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thank goodness for the nationwide conspiracy among wcbb refs!

Anyhow, I was not surprised by how the game went. ND is not a good team right now. Every game is going to be a struggle.
Shepard gets a waiver.
A ridiculous no-call robs Mississippi State in the '18 final.
Did Toledo ever have a chance?

:D

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Shepard gets a waiver.
A ridiculous no-call robs Mississippi State in the '18 final.
Did Toledo ever have a chance?

:D
Nationwide refereeing *and* administrative conspiracy! How could I forget!

(And for the record - Mabrey got the ball first. Incidental contact. Good no-call.)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Berube's squad took a really tough loss at Iowa, by 2 points in overtime.

Princeton led by as much as 13 late in 2Q, and led by 6 in OT before Iowa closed on a 10-2 run, the last 7 points coming on free throws.

Alarie had 26 points and 4 blocks for Princeton. Cunningham had 17.
Doyle had an Ionescu-like stat line for Iowa: 21 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds.
Meyer was 5-10 from 3 and had 19 in all.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Feel terrible about it, but there is so little else to cheer in Columbia this week, I'll allow it.

112-32 FINAL.

I've been joking about it, but I'm starting to actually take it seriously--there needs to be a mercy rule. Scores like this are ludicrous.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Big rivalry game this week in Durham. Idaho State vs Duke. You can definitely throw out the record books when the Bengals and Blue Devils meet on the hardcourt.

I haven't bought liquor since 2004.... So any recommendations are appreciated
Champagne?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I've been joking about it, but I'm starting to actually take it seriously--there needs to be a mercy rule. Scores like this are ludicrous.
Simple solution for the lower scoring school - don't schedule games where you are that outmatched. I don't want to hear that they don't know how outmatched they are. Coaches need to be realists.

So if you set yourself up for it, you get what you expect, no?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Champagne?

naw.... i'll save that for national fried chicken day, or an acc tournament championship... whichever comes first.

Simple solution for the lower scoring school - don't schedule games where you are that outmatched. I don't want to hear that they don't know how outmatched they are. Coaches need to be realists.

that was a rivalry game tonight though. Im sure USC-Upstate wouldnt pass up a a chance to play on big brother's home court.

Plebe

Reaction Score

It's easy to say that, but most of these are impoverished programs taking the guarantee money. If you're a hardscrabble no-name boxer and a promoter offers you a hefty payday just to get creamed in Round 1, you can't be blamed for cashing in.

The ones who should be held accountable for making a mockery of the sport are the heavyweight programs that bribe patsies to come play the lamb for their slaughter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
So many snoozer games today. The seven top 25 teams in action won by 62, 80, 50, 49, 39, 25 and 35 points. Way to promote the game, guys!

The only really compelling game from a nonpartisan perspective was South Dakota's handling of Mizzou. That sets up a great matchup on Monday between South Dakota and Missouri State.

Reaction Score
naw.... i'll save that for national fried chicken day, or an acc tournament championship... whichever comes first.

that was a rivalry game tonight though. Im sure USC-Upstate wouldnt pass up a a chance to play on big brother's home court.

This is undoubtedly true.

Reaction Score
It's easy to say that, but most of these are impoverished programs taking the guarantee money. If you're a hardscrabble no-name boxer and a promoter offers you a hefty payday just to get creamed in Round 1, you can't be blamed for cashing in.

The ones who should be held accountable for making a mockery of the sport are the heavyweight programs that bribe patsies to come play the lamb for their slaughter.

I wonder how much guarantee money women's teams get? I've never seen that written on. Would be interesting to know.

Reaction Score
South Carolina - Baylor (if we see it) may have fewer points scored than South Carolina - Maryland did.

I'm guessing it will be a matchup of the #1 and #2 FG% defenses in the country (a very coveted ranking).

Of course Baylor has been considerably better shooting team than South Carolina this year.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much guarantee money women's teams get? I've never seen that written on. Would be interesting to know.
Some time on google dug up this piece on WBB expenses in the Big 10. Buried in the story:
Four programs – Maryland, Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa – paid more than $100,000 for non-conference home games.
That was for the 2015-16 season. I don’t think it’s per game.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
South Carolina - Baylor (if we see it) may have fewer points scored than South Carolina - Maryland did.

I'm guessing it will be a matchup of the #1 and #2 FG% defenses in the country (a very coveted ranking).

Of course Baylor has been considerably better shooting team than South Carolina this year.
Actually, Rutgers is #2 in FG% defense after Baylor. SC is #5.

Plebe

Reaction Score
My Aggies fear no one.... :mad:
The Carolina Aggies are on a 7-1 run, taking a 3-point lead in late 3Q and forcing a Miami timeout.

Can we start to get excited yet?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom