Week 3 games (Nov. 18-24) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 3 games (Nov. 18-24)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Buffalo has some players. Their scoring leader so far is freshman Dyaisha Fair (26 ppg), and I am really impressed with her quickness and hustle. She has 24 in this game. Post player Theresa Onwuka is also a player to watch.

Reaction Score
Stanford bench coming up big. Prechtel, Jones and Jump have combined for 36 points. Now up 81-65 w/ just over 2 minutes left.

Is Carrington hurt or is she just sitting because she's been ineffective?

I think the jury is out on what's going on with Carrington. She had surgery in the offseason, and I think she's been slow to come back and find her groove again. She's definitely a player that takes time to find her groove.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Arkansas and Cal are in a close tussle. Cal has held a small lead for most of the game. Arkansas briefly took a 1-point lead with less than 4:00 to play but then Cal has answered.

Live stream: Cal Live Stream

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
88-69 Stanford final, but the game was closer than the score suggests. Kiana Williams got it going in the 2nd half after a slow start.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Tolefree hit a layup to cut the lead to 2. Cal has the ball and calls TO with 21 seconds left. Huge possession here.

Edit: Cal missed a shot but Jaelyn Brown got the rebound. Missed a shot and then Cal kept possession on a held ball.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So long Arkansas.... been nice having you in the poll... good luck getting back in.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing more of the mid-majors (non P5) teams in the TOP 25. There seems to be quite a few that are deserving

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow, what does it say about the relative strength of the Pac-12 and SEC that the projected next-to-last team in the Pac-12 just hung an L on the alleged "dark horse" from the SEC? (I'm also on record saying Arkansas was overranked.)

Cal outrebounded Arkansas by 49-32. Jaelyn Brown killed the 'Backs with 30 points on 11-20 shooting, and CJ West had 14 and 12.

Arkansas was only 4 of 15 from 3. I'm hoping someone smarter than me comes along and calls out Arkansas for their poor shot selection and says Neighbors is overrated.

Reaction Score
#14 NC State (5-0) beats St. Marys (2-3), 87-70, scoring a season-high and surrendering a season-high. Six Wolfpack Women finished in double-figures, led by freshman Jakia Brown-Turner (16), Kayla Jones had 14, and Grace Hunter and Jada Boyd 13 each. Taycee Weedin led St. Marys with 20 points, while Sam Simons and Emily Codding contributed 16 each for the Gaels.

NC State shot 54.8% from the field, including 11 of 22 from THREE. St. Marys shot 37.5% for the game, but was 16 of 34 from THREE. The Wolfpack Women out-rebounded St. Marys, 43-23, led by Kayla Jones with 11 and Elissa Cunane with 9. Codding led St. Marys in boards with 6.

NC State committed 15 turnovers...while St. Marys had 10.

Next up: a date with Texas on Friday. The Wolfpack Women will be looking for revenge after losing an 84-80 heartbreaker to the Longhorns in the 2nd round of the NCAAT back in 2017, after a controversial charging call on Miah Spencer that I am STILL upset about!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm hoping someone smarter than me comes along and calls out Arkansas for their poor shot selection and says Neighbors is overrated.

:rolleyes: Is this gonna be a thing for the rest of the year? I don't think I hurt Bruno's feelings, but you seem to be bothered on his behalf.

I am fairly sure I've had the same criticism of Syracuse that I have of DePaul, but somehow I doubt you are going to come riding to Q's defense, amiright?

Reaction Score
Have to believe Sasha GoForth is happy with her decision to go OSU vs Arkansas. I saw no "offensive" plays from Arkansas, just taking turns going 1 on 5. And Cal definitely looked more structured on offense in contrast to Arkansas. PAC-12 coaching is pretty darn good. I'm looking forward to Washington State vs South Carolina and Baylor this coming week. Not expecting much, but looking forward to seeing how they fare.

Plebe

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: Is this gonna be a thing for the rest of the year? I don't think I hurt Bruno's feelings, but you seem to be bothered on his behalf.

I am fairly sure I've had the same criticism of Syracuse that I have of DePaul, but somehow I doubt you are going to come riding to Q's defense, amiright?
I can't be everywhere on the internet at once :D

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to Washington State vs South Carolina and Baylor this coming week. Not expecting much, but looking forward to seeing how they fare.

I was warming up to Wazzu, but they struggled to beat a 1-5 CSU Northridge team today. Maybe just one of those games you can write off.

Plebe

Reaction Score
And by the way it was just a general comment. Not directed at anyone in particular. No relation to the Bruno issue. :cool:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And by the way it was just a general comment. Not directed at anyone in particular. No relation to the Bruno issue. :cool:

maybe I was feeling a little guilty

Reaction Score
Georgia loses to Villanova

Conference RPI going to be really bad

Georgia was 1-20 from 3. Joni Taylor must not have shoot around, her teams are so challenged offensively.

Reaction Score
What has happened to UGA? :eek:

usatsi-10675037.jpg

Georgia just isn't a well coached team. They get sloppy and have awful shot selection. They can't shoot to save their lives. She won't be there much longer. Honestly I would pull the trigger and hire a great coach to salvage the next recruiting class which is loaded in Georgia.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Georgia loses to Villanova

Conference RPI going to be really bad

Georgia was 1-20 from 3. Joni Taylor must not have shoot around, her teams are so challenged offensively.
When Georgia was needing a 3 to tie it, Villanova had a horrible defensive breakdown that left Connally out on a pasture all by herself on the arc, but she missed and Villanova survives.

Villanova was having a totally forgettable start to its season, with losses to GW, James Madison, and American.

Did we need any more reminders that Big East > SEC ? :D

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I think the jury is out on what's going on with Carrington. She had surgery in the offseason, and I think she's been slow to come back and find her groove again. She's definitely a player that takes time to find her groove.

That's pretty much what Tara said in the postgame Q&A with fans. Di is healthy now, but had to sit out all summer because of the surgery. So she's working her way back into form. And with the team's depth, Tara doesn't hesitate putting in someone else if she is more effective.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom