Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
In the much anticipated matchup of last year's Big South Regular Season Champion vs the Southern Regular Season Champion.... Campbell prevails in a come from behind win 42-38 over my Spartans of UNCG. I was gonna post before the game that the first team to 40 would win... and I would have been correct. :oops: The Fierce Camels outscored the Spartans 18-5 in the 4th quarter.

Wait...so they scored 24 points combined in Q1-Q3?! Offensive explosion in the 4th quarter!

Reaction Score
Maybe because she was the offense and got doubled every time she set up low. Mmunga did a good job denying her the block.

Baylor's offense is a work in progress. They won because of 21 offense boards and Richard's defense.

Baylor is going to struggle offensively this year because they have nobody that can consistently knock down a 3pt jump shot! Yes, they are big and athletic, but teams are going to start packing in zones against them and it will be very hard for them to score. They are really missing Cooper and Landrum this year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just announced: Oregon State will host San Francisco tomorrow (Thursday) at 5pm ET / 2pm Pacific.

Edit to add: If all goes according to schedule — a big "if" — this would have OSU playing on back-to-back days (hosting Utah on Friday) and on 3 out of 4 days (hosting Colorado on Sunday).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just announced: Oregon State will host San Francisco tomorrow (Thursday) at 5pm ET / 2pm Pacific.

Edit to add: If all goes according to schedule — a big "if" — this would have OSU playing on back-to-back days (hosting Utah on Friday) and on 3 out of 4 days (hosting Colorado on Sunday).
The OSU vs Utah game was moved to December 8.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
On ESPN+ at 6pm tonight.... the battle of the SC Methodists vs the NC Methodists.... The fierce Terriers of Wofford visit the Powerful Panthers of High Point.

Pictured below is the Wofford Mascot... I dunno about you... but If I was walking down the street, and I saw this coming.... I'd make a quick exit.

wt.jpg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Based on Triad's pregame enthusiasm alone, I want to watch many of these games but then I see the recap of a 42-38 score and I think, um, maybe not so much...:oops:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
All times are Eastern time zone. Rankings listed are per latest BY25 poll. My subjective picks for games of the day are in bold.

Wed., Dec. 2

Kent State at #25 Ohio State (12p, BTN+). Newly added to schedule as of Monday.
Milwaukee at Marquette (2p, live stream)
Bradley at Wright State (2p, ESPN3)
Lamar at #14 Texas A&M (3:30p, SECN+)
Providence at Boston College (5p, ACCNX)

Iowa at Drake (7p, ESPN+)
Lincoln (PA) (D2) at #21 Syracuse (7p, ACCNX)

#17 Iowa State at TCU (7:30p, ESPN+)
New Orleans at #8 Mississippi State (8p, SECN+)
Texas Tech at Vanderbilt (8p, SECN+). Opening game of SEC–Big 12 Challenge.
Louisiana Tech at #22 Texas (8p, LHN)
First off, thanks so much for posting this but also for EDITING daily to allow us to quickly assess who, when and where the games are and how they can be seen! Awesome job...

Second, why is it every time I see Lamar University, I think of the movie Joe Kidd and instantly want them to lose? :rolleyes:

Third, For my rankings (due by Monday morning next week!), I am interested in the Iowa vs. Drake game and the Iowa St vs. TCU game...

4th, can your add a "reminder alarm" on this so I could have turned on the Milwaukee/Marquette game that I missed at 2??? :D

Reaction Score
Texas A&M in a tight game with Lamar

nixon being a nice asset for A&M

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Marquette lost to Milwaukee today, but looking closer it looks like Lott and King went a combined 2-19 from the floor in a 64-55 loss to cancel out a great day from Taylor who went off for 27. Great win for what looks to be the class of the Horizon this season.

Reaction Score
The Lindsay Whalen era continues its....less than impressive......record. They barely eked out a win against Eastern Illinois today with just 7 players who played. I'm not sure that it inspires confidence moving forward.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Nicholls opens up their home slate, hosting Mobile at 7 pm. Both teams got kicked around a bit by their opening opponents so I'm sure they will both leave it all out on the court to ring up a W.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Marquette lost to Milwaukee today, but looking closer it looks like Lott and King went a combined 2-19 from the floor in a 64-55 loss to cancel out a great day from Taylor who went off for 27. Great win for what looks to be the class of the Horizon this season.
Milwaukee got my attention when they got a road win over Bradley, who was a bubble team last year.

Certainly this has to be considered an upset, but it's a crosstown rivalry game, and you know what @triaddukefan would say about that.

Reaction Score
Milwaukee got my attention when they got a road win over Bradley, who was a bubble team last year.

Certainly this has to be considered an upset, but it's a crosstown rivalry game, and you know what @triaddukefan would say about that.

To be sure. We'll find out quickly if they're the team to beat in the Horizon as they play Green Bay back to back on 12/12 and 12/13. The really interesting thing is that there's not really an infusion of new talent for this team but they're all of the sudden jelling. Marquette beat Milwaukee by 22 points last year on Milwaukee's court. That's a huge swing. I wonder what's driving this change or whether the pandemic just let Milwaukee focus more.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Drake looking very sharp in this game so far, drawing first blood on a 10-2 run to force an Iowa timeout. But Iowa has responded to close the gap. 27-22 Drake after 1Q.

It's a high quality game, actually the best played game I've personally seen in this young season, not the slop and sluggishness that has characterized so many other games so far.

Caitlin Clark already has 10 points and 3 assists in 10 minutes. She's so good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Those dogs had some bite. The Terriers take down the Panthers of HPU 53-50.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Drake looking very sharp in this game so far, drawing first blood on a 10-2 run to force an Iowa timeout. But Iowa has responded to close the gap. 27-22 Drake after 1Q.

It's a high quality game, actually the best played game I've personally seen in this young season, not the slop and sluggishness that has characterized so many other games so far.

Caitlin Clark already has 10 points and 3 assists in 10 minutes. She's so good.

Clark with a buzzer beater 3 before the half. 22 points. She is special. Some incredible guard talent entering wcbb.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Dobee and the gang are having fun in Thibodaux, leading Mobile 76-53, 2:04 left in the game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Clark with a buzzer beater 3 before the half. 22 points. She is special. Some incredible guard talent entering wcbb.

I think Live Stats is behind. With almost 7 minutes left in the game they are showing Clark w/ 30 points on 12-18 shooting and 11 assists.

I know it's sacrilege...but what if Bueckers is not the best Fr. guard in the country? I think it is safe to say Clark will probably have a higher scoring average between the two of them, because she isn't surrounded by the kind of talent that UConn has.

edit--dang, Collier for Drake has 17 points and 9 assists; she transferred out of Washington after her Fr. season

Reaction Score
Halftime: No. 8 Mississippi State 57, New Orleans 28
Mississippi State is much bigger than New Orleans and it shows. They are out rebounding UNO 25-9 (with 10 offensive rebounds). They have already pressured them into 12 turnovers.

One big difference in subs is Coach McCray-Penson brings in 3 subs to begin and normally subs at least two at a time thereafter. Over the first two games M Taylor, R Jackson, and J Mingo-Young have been the most consistent.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Now it finally updated. Clark hasn't been scoring but has added a couple assists, Czanino has 27. Collier now has 23, 2 other players from Drake w/ 20+. Iowa up 3 w/ under a minute left.

Reaction Score
One big difference in subs is Coach McCray-Penson brings in 3 subs to begin and normally subs at least two at a time thereafter. Over the first two games M Taylor, R Jackson, and J Mingo-Young have been the most consistent.

Mingo Young use to be a top 10 recruit for a reason before the knee injuries.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Drake is 14-28 from 3 point range and still about to lose. Big FTA disparity in Iowa's favor.

Both teams have 3 players with at least 20 points.

edit--103-97 final Iowa. Not quite Maryland vs. Arkansas, but definitely not a defensive battle. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom