Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Is it just me or is ESPN's scoreboard not working as well as it has in past years?

Is Warren Nolan going to have WCBB for this season? I visited the site last night and it was still reflecting last season's results. When I edited "2020" to "2021" in the URL, I got an error message.

Reaction Score
I think people might be underestimating how improved they could possibly be. They definitely have more talent.

I know its only McNeese but Ole Miss already looks a bit better compared to last year. Their freshmen and transfers are going to make a world of difference for them. I don't anticipate them going 0-16 in conference play.

Madison Scott is gonna be very good. They had a very nice recruiting class last year, and then adding in Austin and that transfer from Georgia being eligible should make them interesting. Not top of the league good but they will at least be much more competitive and probably get a few wins.

Reaction Score
Portland is a feisty team, and showing that Oregon has a little to work on on defense so far.

Reaction Score
Portland only down 12 at the half

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
S. Prince is so tough to guard with her size, she moves well.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't think Oregon is gonna score 100+ in this one. 34 at the half. Interestingly Portland played Seattle U., who Oregon annihilated last week, and only won 82-70.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ducks dropped the hammer in Q3. Now have the Pilots just about double up.

Reaction Score
S. Prince is so tough to guard with her size, she moves well.

It's going to be interesting to see how she does against the Pac-12. I think the only knock I've seen so far is that she doesn't come out to defend the three against the opposing center -- which is probably by design but that could be dangerous against teams with forwards who can shoot from outside.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I believe Oregon's biggest weakness is a lack of team quickness. A quick team that plays a good man to man defense should give them trouble. I don't think they will see many teams like that on the West Coast. However, they do have really good size and accurate shooters. I wonder just how good Mikesell would be if teams don't give her so many open shots.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
85-52 final, Oregon led by Boley w/ 25 (almost entirely inside the 3 point arc). I have a feeling they will have quite a few different players lead them in scoring during the course of the season.

Reaction Score
85-52 final, Oregon led by Boley w/ 25 (almost entirely inside the 3 point arc). I have a feeling they will have quite a few different players lead them in scoring during the course of the season.
Looks like Jaz Shelley has disappeared this year.

Reaction Score
They are impressive, but I'm not sold until they play anyone that can match up with them. Ppl wanted to say they were better than SC (very few), but I dont think they are strong enough to play against the other top teams, at least not yet. It's easy to have depth when you arent playing that strong of competition. Can your top 8 players be effective in a game where they might play 30 minutes or more? Can they play both defense and offense? I believe Oregon vs South Carolina were gonna open this year prior to the pandemic. Damn. I want more of the elite teams to do that. The top teams need to play each other like in NCAA volleyball.

Reaction Score
Portland will attempt to slay goliath

The Pilots played without junior guard Haylee Andrews because of a concussion. Andrews averaged 16 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game last season. (source)

Interesting comparing the stats against Seattle U and Oregon for Alex Fowler (NCAA stats).

1606810666289.png

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
They are impressive, but I'm not sold until they play anyone that can match up with them. Ppl wanted to say they were better than SC (very few), but I dont think they are strong enough to play against the other top teams, at least not yet. It's easy to have depth when you arent playing that strong of competition. Can your top 8 players be effective in a game where they might play 30 minutes or more? Can they play both defense and offense? I believe Oregon vs South Carolina were gonna open this year prior to the pandemic. Damn. I want more of the elite teams to do that. The top teams need to play each other like in NCAA volleyball.

Yep, the pandemic and scheduling made keeping that game very difficult. Respect for Graves.. he was just as gung ho about playing that game as Dawn was. I'm hoping that we start a series with the Ducks next season.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or is ESPN's scoreboard not working as well as it has in past years?
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Also, why is ESPN not displaying the AP’s game recaps for the ranked women’s teams this season? They’re still doing it for the men’s teams :confused:

Reaction Score
Yep, the pandemic and scheduling made keeping that game very difficult. Respect for Graves.. he was just as gung ho about playing that game as Dawn was. I'm hoping that we start a series with the Ducks next season.
And Baylor was supposed to play Oregon in Vegas but Covid

Reaction Score
Sorry meant to reply to the other person haha

Reaction Score
Queen Egbo will be back in lineup today. Bigger news, Didi Richards is now listed as day to day which is wonderful news
Can’t wait to see them play today! I’m ready to see the improved play of Caitlin Bickle again. I honestly think she’s our best 3 point shooter but Mulkey mostly play her at the 4. Hopefully she’ll go big and have Bickle at the 3 so she can shoot some 3’s! I think she can be an Erin boley type but she can post people up too lol

Reaction Score
Florida vs Florida State coming up in a bit. Curious how Florida will look. They took a big step last year and added some talented kids

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If you sleepy East Coasters are still up, Portland will attempt to slay goliath on the live stream at the following link:

West Coast Conference
oh Lorcan, too little too late. I re-subscribed to Sling, looked on it last night at 10:30 to see if this game would be on it an alas no, so I shut of the TV and internet and did some old fashion reading of a physical hard cover book. :eek:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is Warren Nolan going to have WCBB for this season? I visited the site last night and it was still reflecting last season's results. When I edited "2020" to "2021" in the URL, I got an error message.
I'm guessing he's running behind on the WCBB page due to the late and fast-changing scheduling. I remember last year he was a tad late on the WCBB page, relative to MCBB, and that was a "normal" season start. I suspect he's working on it.

It may also be that the switch from RPI to NET is an issue, since much of his site has been built around RPI. He created parallel NET and RPI ranking on the men's side, but who knows, maybe he doesn't have easy access to the women's NET formula?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom