Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

Reaction Score
Egbo literally just walked with the basketball two possession in the row, like she literally forgot that you have to dribble.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Baylor doesn't look very good....3pt game with a minute to go.

So happy to see Richards out there and she's been effective so far.

3pt shooting looks atrocious without Cooper/Landrum. Egbo with a big 2nd half.

This season so far feels like a series of exhibition games and the quality of play has reflected that.

Reaction Score
So the most shocking aspect of the Baylor-USF game is not that the Bulls are hanging in there with the Lady Bears, What is absolutely shocking is what Kim is wearing. Through the years I’ve gotten used to Kim’s sartorial splendor. I know she’s got a huge wardrobe. But tonight it looks like she’s sporting a pair of old jeans and one of hubby’s oversized work shirts. :oops:

It seems like just a few years ago when she was bragging to Geno about her shapely butt.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Egbo literally just walked with the basketball two possession in the row, like she literally forgot that you have to dribble.

I dont know why they gave her the ball at 15-17 feet out two possessions in a row.

Reaction Score
Baylor very well may be very good down the road (I suspect they will improve a lot). Not close to a top 5 team at this point of time.

Smith (if she actually shows up....). and Egbo are a dynamite post duo. Gusters looks to be a very solid contributor for a freshmen and should develop well and can take it to the next level once she gets into better shape. Guard play cannot shoot at all. Didi is a terrific ball handler and defender. All comes back to not having shooters. I don't think they replaced Landrum and Cooper well. Carrington I don't think is someone who is consistent deep threat shooter.

Unless Carrington, Andrews or Bickle dramatically improve their 3 point shooting, Baylor will run into issues down the Road when they face a good team with post presence. At some point, you have to make shots.

Reaction Score
That was an ugly win by Baylor! Definitely not top 4 team with the poor shooting! Thank goodness for our defense! Thank God we have Didi Richards back! I’m actually scared to play Arkansas later this week

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That was nice little conversation that both Jose and Kim shared at the end of the game. Lots of little pats on the arms by each, head nodding and even with masks on, it look like good camaraderie. Good for both of them. Even Jose wasn't wearing his trademark suit, just a polo shirt and khaki's, like Jake, from State Farm...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That was an ugly win by Baylor! Definitely not top 4 team with the poor shooting! Thank goodness for our defense! Thank God we have Didi Richards back! I’m actually scared to play Arkansas later this week

As bad as Baylor is shooting, Arkansas doesn't play much defense or even care about rebounding. I think they get murdered inside by Smith and Egbo. Don't see Smith playing like this moving forward, tonight was as bad as one could be.

Reaction Score
Nice chin diaper look. Why are these coaches and players even bothering to fake wearing a mask?

About 90% of the mens and women's basketball games I have watched so far, all the coaches have their masks down yelling. Very few have them on throughout the game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I tell ya, every single person that dissed UConn's conference affiliation in the previous 7 years needs to go sit facing the corner. I can recall now 3 times that mighty Baylor has played South Florida in the past several years, and each time it was a slugfest.

Put succinctly, USF has more consistently given Baylor close, tough games than any of its Big 12 rivals.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You cannot underestimate how important Cox was last year. The focus of Baylor’s opponents on stopping Cox opened up all kinds of scoring opportunities for Smith & Egbo inside, as well as Landrum & Cooper outside. Of course, not having Landrum & Cooper to knock down shots, also places a strain on Baylor’s offense. Kim has her work cut out for her this season.

Reaction Score
I tell ya, every single person that dissed UConn's conference affiliation in the previous 7 years needs to go sit facing the corner. I can recall now 3 times that mighty Baylor has played South Florida in the past several years, and each time it was a slugfest.

Put succinctly, USF has more consistently given Baylor close, tough games than any of its Big 12 rivals.

Iowa State begs to differ last year. :oops: Consistently, over time might be a different story.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ok, I did a quick lookup for all of us to consider-in her run of 10 Regular season titles, she's lost exactly 8 games.
Kim Mulkey.PNG

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Iowa State begs to differ last year. :oops: Consistently, over time might be a different story.
Yes, my use of 'consistently' was intentional.

Reaction Score
I dont know why they gave her the ball at 15-17 feet out two possessions in a row.

Maybe because she was the offense and got doubled every time she set up low. Mmunga did a good job denying her the block.

Baylor's offense is a work in progress. They won because of 21 offense boards and Richard's defense.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Donald-All 3 teams have returning players who you should have seen-AZ-McDonald, Thomas and Cat Reese, UCLA has Onywere and Dean, Stanford has Hull, Williams and Wilson and 3 teams times 2 games each is 6 games against teams with quickness. Head bang
I have seen all of them and I did not say games, I said teams. They will play other games against quick teams. The teams you named could beat most teams outside the Pac 12. Those players you named are very good. Stanford also has Jones, who may wind up being as good as any of them.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Arizona absolutely, and UCLA has been for years, so I can make a pretty good assumption they are again. Stanford has some quick players for sure.
I agree.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Baylor very well may be very good down the road (I suspect they will improve a lot). Not close to a top 5 team at this point of time.

Smith (if she actually shows up....). and Egbo are a dynamite post duo. Gusters looks to be a very solid contributor for a freshmen and should develop well and can take it to the next level once she gets into better shape. Guard play cannot shoot at all. Didi is a terrific ball handler and defender. All comes back to not having shooters. I don't think they replaced Landrum and Cooper well. Carrington I don't think is someone who is consistent deep threat shooter.

Unless Carrington, Andrews or Bickle dramatically improve their 3 point shooting, Baylor will run into issues down the Road when they face a good team with post presence. At some point, you have to make shots.
I watched and although I heard a lot about Gusters, Carrington, Andrews, and Bickle, I did not know who they were judging by their play. My volume was turned down and I could not hear the announcers when they called the players names. Baylor has a little ways to go before they can be considered top five. Also, regarding Didi, it just turns me off to see her wear her shorts like she does. However, I know she does not care what I think.

Reaction Score
I watched and although I heard a lot about Gusters, Carrington, Andrews, and Bickle, I did not know who they were judging by their play. My volume was turned down and I could not hear the announcers when they called the players names. Baylor has a little ways to go before they can be considered top five. Also, regarding Didi, it just turns me off to see her wear her shorts like she does. However, I know she does not care what I think.

None of those players outside of Gusters played very well tonight. Smith was really bad but I think Kim kept her in strictly for rebounding purposes at least. Carrington looked like a kid who hadn't played in a long time, she missed a wide open layup. Andrews looked like a true freshmen who was trying to do too much. I think the big concern is that, its one thing to miss 3 point shots but almost none of them were contested (they were wide open) and they still struggled pretty badly to knock down shots.

I was honestly shocked to see Didi play as much as she did but good to see her back out there. They need her leadership and defense at this point until they can solve some of their scoring issues.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

corner.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the much anticipated matchup of last year's Big South Regular Season Champion vs the Southern Regular Season Champion.... Campbell prevails in a come from behind win 42-38 over my Spartans of UNCG. I was gonna post before the game that the first team to 40 would win... and I would have been correct. :oops: The Fierce Camels outscored the Spartans 18-5 in the 4th quarter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom