Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Clark has started her career hitting 22-36 from the floor. Not bad. :rolleyes:

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark did most of her scoring damage early while her teammates weren't doing much else. Midway through the 3rd Iowa started to roll offensively with Clark to Czinano working like a charm. McKenna Warnock also came alive late which really helped too.

Reaction Score
Nicki has the Bulldogs rolling, but still some sloppiness. Big difference in fitness level for a couple of the girls that are in their second season now. Morris looks to have dropped 30lbs after off season workouts. Mingo Young looks ripped. Cooks looks like a great all around player, passing, rebounding, and scoring. She handled the high low great with Carter. And Jessica doesn't seem like she is running out of steam as much as last year.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Nicholls making a strong case for a vote in the next BY Top 25 poll with an 81-53 win over Mobile. The Lady Colonels off to a 1-1 start to the season.

Reaction Score
Final: No. 8 Mississippi State 106, New Orleans 51

Jessika Carter 23 points 10 rebounds
JaMya Mingo-Young 18 points 8 rebounds
Rickea Jackson 16 points 5 rebounds
Yemiyah Morris 14 points 6 rebounds

MSU out rebounded New Orleans 51-16

Reaction Score
They could be the best team in Louisiana this year!

5e5712907f97e.image.jpg

Reaction Score
Mingo Young use to be a top 10 recruit for a reason before the knee injuries.
I agree. However I’m talking mentally she has been very consistent. In the preseason the talk was whether A Matharu or M Hayes would start at the two but J Mingo-Young has evidently taken it. She then slides to the point (or primary ball handler) when M Taylor rests.

Reaction Score
I agree. However I’m talking mentally she has been very consistent. In the preseason the talk was whether A Matharu or M Hayes would start at the two but J Mingo-Young has evidently taken it. She then slides to the point (or primary ball handler) when M Taylor rests.

Mingo Young is the complete package when healthy. She is tremendous athlete, rebounds well, is a physical defender, can create her own shot, can shoot from the perimeter and score through contact in the paint. What makes her a more critical piece is she is a vocal leader. One of the more vocal kids this year. I will be interested to see how she does against the better team this year.

Reaction Score
Nicki has the Bulldogs rolling, but still some sloppiness. Big difference in fitness level for a couple of the girls that are in their second season now. Morris looks to have dropped 30lbs after off season workouts. Mingo Young looks ripped. Cooks looks like a great all around player, passing, rebounding, and scoring. She handled the high low great with Carter. And Jessica doesn't seem like she is running out of steam as much as last year.
So far we have played cream puffs but maybe South Florida will give us a better idea just how good this team really can play. South Florida gave Baylor a tussle and it is an away game. Hopefully our team can SHOW OUR STUFF!

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
So far we have played cream puffs but maybe South Florida will give us a better idea just how good this team really can play. South Florida gave Baylor a tussle and it is an away game. Hopefully our team can SHOW OUR STUFF!

I don't know if they gave Baylor a tussle, or it's just Baylor didn't look like they even wanted to play. They looked beat out, mentally detached, and didn't even look like they even got off the plane. Could have something to do with Richards' injury, or it's just 10 players' minds were at different places. In a normal circumstance, that Baylor team is easily superior. So I'm thinking it was mostly a mental thing.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't know if they gave Baylor a tussle, or it's just Baylor didn't look like they even wanted to play. They looked beat out, mentally detached, and didn't even look like they even got off the plane. Could have something to do with Richards' injury, or it's just 10 players' minds were at different places. In a normal circumstance, that Baylor team is easily superior. So I'm thinking it was mostly a mental thing.
OMG, did you watch the game? USF was very good from the outside and Baylor was not. Baylor looked good at times and at other times seemed to force plays as any good teams can struggle early in the year against other good teams. At the end, Baylor showed why they are Baylor and performed well down the stretch. They looked every bit why they deserve a top ranking even with rust. We here on the BY all know how good a coach Jose is and this year is no different. He's been a regular fringe top 25 coach and is usually in the NCAA every year. I look forward to seeing MSU against this team. Just give him some credit and don't sell it as "Baylor not ready".
So YES, they gave BAYLOR A TUSSLE. Yee gads, some posters...:confused::mad:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Funny that "normal circumstances" have not prevailed in any of the last 3 times that Baylor has played USF. Each time it was a one possession game in the final minutes. Must be an extremely mental thing.

Reaction Score
I just watched the UNO game on YouTube, first time I have seen them play this year. I was really impressed with the fitness of the players, must have lifted a lots of weights this summer because they are ripped. Mingo Young looks like a body builder but still has retained the quickness. Looking forward to conference play.

Reaction Score
OMG, did you watch the game? USF was very good from the outside and Baylor was not. Baylor looked good at times and at other times seemed to force plays as any good teams can struggle early in the year against other good teams. At the end, Baylor showed why they are Baylor and performed well down the stretch. They looked every bit why they deserve a top ranking even with rust. We here on the BY all know how good a coach Jose is and this year is no different. He's been a regular fringe top 25 coach and is usually in the NCAA every year. I look forward to seeing MSU against this team. Just give him some credit and don't sell it as "Baylor not ready".
So YES, they gave BAYLOR A TUSSLE. Yee gads, some posters...:confused::mad:
USF doesn't make the NCAA's every year but it makes Baylor struggle against USF even "worst" (quotes intended). What is the endgame to the point about Baylor and USF?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ND plays Michigan at 6:00pm on ACC network today...does anyone know what might be the latest word on ND players who are being isolated from the team due to Covid19?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
USF doesn't make the NCAA's every year but it makes Baylor struggle against USF even "worst" (quotes intended). What is the endgame to the point about Baylor and USF?
Well, maybe you need to reread what I wrote as I was pointing out Baylor looked ok, as opposed to the other view that Baylor struggled against “lowly” USF, quotes intended as what the poster insinuated. Also reread my comment about “usually” in the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Oregon State Beavers down 43-35 to USF at half. Beavers are very porous on defense. OSU has given up 10 made 3-pointers to USF (predicted to finish last in WCC). I don't think USF will finish last in WCC, but they are taking it to the Beavers. OSU is far from a Scott Rueck polished product, especially on defense. Hoping for a better 2nd half.

Reaction Score
ND defense showing up. I didn't know former Nebraska Huskers Leah Brown had transfered to Ann Arbor. Either the Michigan ranking was a tad optimistic or ND's season opening loss was a fluke.

Reaction Score
Oregon State wins, but definitely not PAC-12 ready. OSU gives up 15 x 3-pointers (15-33). This team is a work-in-progress.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
ND defense showing up. I didn't know former Nebraska Huskers Leah Brown had transfered to Ann Arbor. Either the Michigan ranking was a tad optimistic or ND's season opening loss was a fluke.

Game is interesting. Pretty evenly matched.

49-46 Michigan 4' left in Q3

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom