Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
1646452833032.png

I guess this is the Conference tournaments right now. If UConn wins out, they just may be in Bridgeport after all.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Zero drama in Vegas, Stanford led Colorado comfortably just about the whole way, cruises to a 71-45 win and yet another appearance in the Championship game. Tara has had her crew in the final game for all but 2 Pac 10/12 tourneys I think.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A certain poster on this board has been calling for Amy Williams' head for a couple years. I wonder if said poster is on board with her now after the season Nebraska has put together?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
A certain poster on this board has been calling for Amy Williams' head for a couple years. I wonder if said poster is on board with her now after the season Nebraska has put together?
I think that she has started to bring Nebraska back to respectability. When she took over she had some issues and then Jessica Shepard left the team. She has them playing much better now.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Katie Meier has long been my favorite coach in the ACC... and among my top 2 favorites (along with Gary Blair) in WCBB. I love the way she interacts with her players, both on the sidelines and afterwards.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Louisville played three games this year in the state of NC. Lost in Raleigh, Lost in Chapel Hill, and Lost tonight in Greensboro.

I do really feel bad for the Louisville fans. To travel all the way here, and lose on the first night of playing. The ones around me started to get nervous at the 2 minute mark. Their was a elderly Louisville fan beside me, and she had her head in her lap at about the 1 minute mark. Looking around me, and walking through the concourse, the utter shock on their faces was something else. One note....I've sat beside and around Louisville fans twice. Once tonight, and the other time.. 2020 when they lost as the #1 seed to Florida State. Any Card fans take note.... steer clear of me in 2023. :oops:

I was wondering when they joined if they would bring fans like Maryland did when they were in the ACC. They really do support their women. I hope some come back to watch the games on Saturday, and Sunday. One thing with these e-tickets... not sure if there is a way to sell them or give them away, so might have alot of empty seats this weekend.

Reaction Score
To paraphrase a Gen X classic, "what's your damage, Kimberly?" What is it about the conference tournament that gave her such a sour attitude about it?
Not sure, but going to the media before the tournament saying it doesn’t mean anything or matter much definitely reflected in their play tonight. They didn’t look like they cared to be there. That is 100% on her. I knew we would be in a very bad spot without Morris but coming in with that mindset is setting them up for failure.

She knew the game was over before that technical. Kim enjoys the spot light, maybe too much at times. But I think she did it mostly for her players to say she has their back. Kim is a lot of things but generally her kids run through a wall for her.

Anyways they can go home, rest up and watch for the selections. They will get Alexis Morris back for the tournament. They will go as far as Pointer and Morris can carry them.

Reaction Score
Whew! They don’t call it March Madness for nothing. If this is a prelude to the NCAA tournament
bette davis eve GIF

I loved the Miami players running off the court, that kinda thing is exciting and exhilarating, unless of course you’re a Louisville fan :oops: The Cards apparently left their shot in South Bend;)

Kyra Elzy might’ve saved her job these last few weeks.

Will any of the other conferences adopt the PAC 12 method of starting a day earlier and having a break in between the semis and finals?

Reaction Score
this was my best day all my predictions before the season came true.
Overrated Louisville and Overrated Kelly Graves got exposed.

Reaction Score
Whew! They don’t call it March Madness for nothing. If this is a prelude to the NCAA tournament
bette davis eve GIF

I loved the Miami players running off the court, that kinda thing is exciting and exhilarating, unless of course you’re a Louisville fan :oops: The Cards apparently left their shot in South Bend;)

Kyra Elzy might’ve saved her job these last few weeks.

Will any of the other conferences adopt the PAC 12 method of starting a day earlier and having a break in between the semis and finals?
Edwards returning turned KY season around. Howard waking up did too

Last edited:
Reaction Score
btw I have nothing against Jeff Walz seems like a nice guy, but it's game like this why I stopped believing in him to win a national title.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Kim can own the embarrassment tonight. Coming into the tournament with the mindset that it "doesnt matter" like she said in her presser, not surprised they got taken to the shed. Teams are a reflection of their coach, if the coach doesnt care why would the players?
Somewhere I missed this? She actually brushed off the tourney as if to say, I got a projected #2 seed on 3/1 so we're good? Either it was dismissive arrogance, or, she was trying some jedi mind trick to take the pressure off the team? Phew.

Reaction Score
btw I have nothing against Jeff Walz seems like a nice guy, but it's game like this why I stopped believing in him to win a national title.
Interesting take on Jeff. I’m a fair weather L’ville fan, unlike like 99% of the fan base and he’s worshiped in L’ville. One of the best fan bases in the country. A lot of fans are angry about this one though.
He accepted the blame for the loss. Said he pulled starters in 4th to give them a rest since he was thinking 3 games in 3 days and it took them out of rhythm on both ends

Head to head Walz is 3-0 against Oregon WITH Sabrina. Graves beat him in NCAA’s when Vandersloot (Senior) bested Shoni (freshman)

What a job by Katie Meier. I thought Walz should have played Dixon or Cochran on Hardin with a only a second and a half left. Height was more important to affect a shot than 5’7” Robinson or Hailey Van Lith could at that point. What a shot. Having a red hot shooter in crunch time sure makes you a better Coach too

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Interesting take on Jeff. I’m a fair weather L’ville fan , not loyal like 99% of the fan base and he’s worshipped in L’ville. He’s a good coach but after today their are a lot of upset fans. It’s the teams second meltdown of this magnitude in a big game
He accepted the blame for the loss. Said it was his 4th quarter substitution patterns that threw the team off
I referenced this in a post recently. Unless there are injuries or player performance issues, teams generally work best when they get into a rhythm with groupings of players, sub patterns, etc. If you change things drastically without explaining why you are doing so, it's harder to execute.

Reaction Score
Somewhere I missed this? She actually brushed off the tourney as if to say, I got a projected #2 seed on 3/1 so we're good? Either it was dismissive arrogance, or, she was trying some jedi mind trick to take the pressure off the team? Phew.
Don’t think it was arrogance but I think the gist was that the team worked hard all season to get to the spot they are in and that the conference tournament isn’t a deal breaker in the grand scheme of things unless you need to get multiple key wins or get into the tournament by winning it all.

Kentucky to their credit is hot right now. They have everyone back healthy from suspension and injury. They needed a really strong showing in this tourney considering they were on the bubble. I think the message by Kim backfired big time. Not saying they would have won but maybe not put yourself in a 20 point hole at halftime…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom