Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
But this is what I'm saying. Who deserves to be higher? It's a comparison game and the resumes outside the top 10 are all very flawed or weak in one way or another. (Even some of the top 10 resumes are problematic, as you know.)

Maryland at least has a win over Baylor (now a top 5 team) and they don't have any bad losses. I sure as heck like their resume better than Tennessee's or any of the other teams that might be considered to move ahead of them. Arizona was deservedly ahead of them until they lost to like 4 bubble teams in a row.
That's why I know it's tough on the committee as not all Q1 wins are created equal.

Maryland is actually 5-8 in NET Q1 wins/losses (3-8 in RPI Q1 wins); NET ranking = 13; RPI ranking = 10
Iowa State is 4-5 in Q1 wins/losses; NET ranking = 11; RPI ranking = 7

Some teams below them as of the recent reveal:

Oklahoma is 8-5 Q1 in wins/losses (with 2 wins over Baylor); NET ranking = 34; RPI ranking = 12

Not among the Top 16 recent reveal:

Oregon is 8-8 in Q1 wins/losses; NET ranking = 12; RPI ranking = 17

Georgia is 7-6 in Q1 wins/losses; NET ranking = 27; RPI ranking = 28

Notre Dame is 6-7 in Q1 win/losses; NET ranking = 20; RPI ranking = 19

So, I must be missing something as I thought there was supposed to an emphasis on Q1 wins. Maybe the committee penalizes a team more for a bad loss than they do for a Q1 win. Or, perhaps they still value RPI rankings more than anything else . . .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To be clear, I actually don't care as much about blemishes as I do about good wins -- especially good road wins. I'm on the record as caring much more about good wins than bad losses, because I think good wins, and especially good road wins, says much more about a team's potential to make a post-season run. Anyone can have an off night (SCAR at Missouri) or a bad matchup (Stanford losing to Texas at home). Not anyone can beat great teams away from home in different time zones and unfamiliar and hostile environments.

In that sense, I would rank the B1G Ten as follows:
Michigan: wins include neutral vs. Baylor; home vs. Maryland, Iowa, and Indiana; at Ohio St and Maryland
Iowa: wins include vs. Michigan, Indiana, Nebraska, UCF; at Indiana and Nebraska
Maryland: wins include home vs. Baylor, Indiana, Nebraska; away at Iowa
Indiana: wins include neutral vs. Maryland; home vs. Maryland and Nebraska; away at Ohio St
Gotcha. Everyone have different ways to look at things. I appreciate this breakdown.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This season. When you score 51 points after you averaged 90 points last season, something is wrong. The only good news was the good play from Ashley Owusu.

I was being facetious... I should have ended with a ;)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Rhode Island lost to St. Joe's in the A10 quarterfinal. That might be a loss they couldn't afford.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ky stomping LSU

Tenn is gonna play Bama and KY to get to finals.
SEC is just so lowkey soft. They might get 9 teams into the tournament but when that's your path to the conference final it's just SOFT.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Holy schnikeees. 1.9 left, and I just looked at hubby and said, Miami gonna make it. OMG.

And just realized that L'ville didn't score in the last 5:45? That's stunning.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cubaj for Tech is warning up.. Seems like she is good to go.

Holy schnikeees. 1.9 left, and I just looked at hubby and said, Miami gonna make it. OMG.

And just realized that L'ville didn't score in the last 5:45? That's stunning.

I didnt realize it was that bad..... Wow.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
If anyone is interested in seeing the game winner.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I just knew Louisville was gonna foul before the shot.. They had fouls to give.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith when the horn went off:

1646443500317.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members