Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6)

Reaction Score
Credit to Edwards. It's been an up and down season with discipline issues and benchings. She came through big time in this game.
I knew Edwards would make her mark when she transferred after frosh year from Utah. I didn’t think it would take this long for her to dominate though.
Better late than never. What timing

Reaction Score
Let’s state the obvious which I’m naturally gifted at.
Nobody wants to play Kentucky especially Louisville. Cards don’t need the extra drama right now

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I knew Edwards would make her mark when she transferred after frosh year from Utah. I didn’t think it would take this long for her to dominate though.
Better late than never. What timing
And Pendande is a contributor for Miami. Yet Utah had their best season in years despite losing some key pieces to transfer.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A few more random thoughts from today. Like always you see some of the other current and past wbb players in attendance. I saw a few Wake Players... notably Nyah Becker @cancontent Saw Taja Cole supporting VPI, I saw that Angel McCoughtry was there and there were others that you know played ball but can't quite place their name. I was standing in line waiting to pass through the metal detectors and through the side door in walks a tall young lady that I knew had to be a basketball player. It was in face Elizabeth Kitley. At first I was thinking she doesn't look 6'6.. but she was standing next to her father who is 6'11. PG Georgia Amoore and Cayla King were with her. Former State coach Stephanie Glance @LETTERL came to my row and spoke to the lady in front of me.

Other than 2017 when they moved the tournament to SC... and 2020 when I was recovering from surgery, I've been to the tournaments beginning in 2006 (skipped 2009). There are people that are there year after year religiously. Two Boston College fans are always there... the two Florida State fans (one who brought me cookies and muffins in 2019), a few Wake fans... and the same Duke fans are always there. There is a Carolina fan who comes every year with her son... remember seeing him when he was a youngster. Now he is of legal drinking age and enjoyed his wine this weekend. Talk with the same ushers, same ticket scanners and so on.

Not sure if they showed it on TV... but Cunane was named the Tournament MVP. Gave a emotion filled speech... its a little hard to hear in this clip, perhaps its somewhere else on the net in better quality.

Attendance was 9,253.... pretty good.... though I figure if Louisville was playing instead of Miami it would have been a bit more people.

Reaction Score
And Pendande is a contributor for Miami. Yet Utah had their best season in years despite losing some key pieces to transfer.
Good knowledge. No idea Pandande was at Utah. She played a lot to her frosh year. I like her. She’ll be tough next year. Utah freshman class this year has been so good.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Good knowledge. No idea Pandande was at Utah. She played a lot to her frosh year. I like her. She’ll be tough next year. Utah freshman class this year has been so good.
And I think Becker is at Wake Forest?

Reaction Score
And I think Becker is at Wake Forest?
Yes she is. It was interesting watching her this year in their system. She was a bit more confident with her added experience.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A few more random thoughts from today. Like always you see some of the other current and past wbb players in attendance. I saw a few Wake Players... notably Nyah Becker @cancontent Saw Taja Cole supporting VPI, I saw that Angel McCoughtry was there and there were others that you know played ball but can't quite place their name. I was standing in line waiting to pass through the metal detectors and through the side door in walks a tall young lady that I knew had to be a basketball player. It was in face Elizabeth Kitley. At first I was thinking she doesn't look 6'6.. but she was standing next to her father who is 6'11. PG Georgia Amoore and Cayla King were with her. Former State coach Stephanie Glance @LETTERL came to my row and spoke to the lady in front of me.

Other than 2017 when they moved the tournament to SC... and 2020 when I was recovering from surgery, I've been to the tournaments beginning in 2006 (skipped 2009). There are people that are there year after year religiously. Two Boston College fans are always there... the two Florida State fans (one who brought me cookies and muffins in 2019), a few Wake fans... and the same Duke fans are always there. There is a Carolina fan who comes every year with her son... remember seeing him when he was a youngster. Now he is of legal drinking age and enjoyed his wine this weekend. Talk with the same ushers, same ticket scanners and so on.

Not sure if they showed it on TV... but Cunane was named the Tournament MVP. Gave a emotion filled speech... its a little hard to hear in this clip, perhaps its somewhere else on the net in better quality.

Attendance was 9,253.... pretty good.... though I figure if Louisville was playing instead of Miami it would have been a bit more people.

Thanks for the deserving BC mention though you neglected the bold font

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its almost time..... Longwood's men advanced to their first ever NCAA tournament by securing the Big South bid earlier this afternoon, can the Longwood women achieve the same tonight? Standing in their way are the Camels of Campbell. The Camels advanced to the title game in 2019. but lost to Radford. Were the #1 seed in 2020, but the tournament was cancelled. Advanced to the title game last year, but lost to the Powerful Panthers of High Point. Is this the year they win their first Big South title and advance to the NCAA's for the first time since 2000. In 2000.. they won the Atlantic Sun conference and lost in the NCAA's to the Lovable Blue Devils of Duke.

The last few years the battles between these two schools have been epic... .... tight games that have been decided in the last minute or last second of the game. (Upon further research... The Camels won both matchups this year by a average margin of 20 points)

Win or Lose..... Tears will be shed tonight on both sides.. better believe that.
ROLL HUMPS !!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not looking good for the Camels.... its like they are stuck in the desert sand. Down 38-13 at the half... scored only 2 points in the 2nd quarter. Not gonna win many games when you have more turnovers than points :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The last three matchups...... Longwood has scored 39, 41, and 45 points.

Longwood 50... Campbell 18... with six minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Imma go out on a limb and say that Longwood has an excellent chance of winning its first Conference championship. Then again it is March.

After three quarters. Longwood 65 Campbell(my camels) 34

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Imma go out on a limb and say that Longwood has an excellent chance of winning its first Conference championship. Then again it is March.

After three quarters. Longwood 65 Campbell(my camels) 34
What in the world happened in this game?? Longwood shot 60% and was 10 of 16 from 3?

Kinda sad how Campbell knows to just go stand in the WNIT line. No chance at an NCAA bid.

Reaction Score

I think the transfer to Wake was a good decision for her. Helped that she knew Morra from their Canada Basketball and OSBA days in HS. Looking forward to seeing how she continues to progress next season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What in the world happened in this game?? Longwood shot 60% and was 10 of 16 from 3?

Kinda sad how Campbell knows to just go stand in the WNIT line. No chance at an NCAA bid.

I've never seen them play that bad vs a team of a similar level. Longwood took out all of their frustration on the Camels last night. Once they fell behind in the first quarter, it was pretty much over as Campbell's slow down and grind it out style wasn't gonna manufacture any quick points.

I think the transfer to Wake was a good decision for her. Helped that she knew Morra from their Canada Basketball and OSBA days in HS. Looking forward to seeing how she continues to progress next season.

I assumed she was done, but I forgot about the extra year some players get. I wonder if Morra will return as well. Wake could be a sneaky above average team next year if everybody returns.

Reaction Score
I've never seen them play that bad vs a team of a similar level. Longwood took out all of their frustration on the Camels last night. Once they fell behind in the first quarter, it was pretty much over as Campbell's slow down and grind it out style wasn't gonna manufacture any quick points.

I assumed she was done, but I forgot about the extra year some players get. I wonder if Morra will return as well. Wake could be a sneaky above average team next year if everybody returns.
Becker is a junior. She still has a year of eligibility without factoring the COVID year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom