Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
ND and Tenn both suffer upset losses to the #7 seed in the semis today :)
It's always a good day when UConn wins and Tennessee loses. It's always a good day when UConn and ND loses. I guess this is either a good day squared or two good days.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's always a good day when UConn wins and Tennessee loses. It's always a good day when UConn and ND loses. I guess this is either a good day squared or two good days.
How can it be a good day when UConn and ND lose? Don't you mean Tennessee and ND?

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Why is Missouri included in Charlie Creams last 4 in? The only team they’ve beaten that’s ranked is Florida.
7-9 SEC. 18-12 overall. They’ve lost to Arkansas 3 times. BC better not be eliminated and Missouri gets in. Current NET BC 46 Missouri 48
I think you're forgetting a pretty big win on Missouri's resume. ;)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

There is such mutual respect between the two programs. The coaches are friends and the players respect each other. It is a rivalry game...but a friendly rivalry with no animosity.

VT gave a heck of an effort, down two key players and still made NC State scratch and claw to earn the W in the ACC semis.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Belmont was the first conference tournament winner yesterday, but there will be seven more crowned today, appropriately capped by the @triaddukefan Classic i.e. Big South championship game between the Fighting Camels and the Lancers:

ACC: #3 NC State (1) vs. Miami (7) (12p, ESPN)
SoCon: Mercer (1) vs. Furman (3) (12p, ESPN+)
SEC: #1 South Carolina (1) vs. Kentucky (7) (2p, ESPN)
A-10: Dayton (1) vs. UMass (3) (2p, ESPN2)
Big Ten: #13 Iowa (2) vs. #14 Indiana (5) (4p, ESPN2)
Pac-12: #2 Stanford (1) vs. Utah (6) (6p, ESPN2)
Big South: Campbell (1) vs. Longwood (2) (8:30p, ESPNU)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Headed out for one more day. I like to get to the championship game as early as possible.. The walk up to the arena.. Walking around a bit in the tournament fan zone.. Walking around the concourse.. And getting to my seat and just watch the building fill up with fans. Obviously State is the overwhelming favorite, and 99% of fans will be pulling for the red and white.. But I would be ecstatic if Miami and Katie Meier pulled off the victory.

I'm assuming the loud State fan from yesterday will be sitting behind me. Wearing a hoodie today, so if the spittle starts to fly, I can at least protect the back of my neck and head :p

Reaction Score
Even though there were upsets galore in all these conf quarters and semis, I fully expect things to go as planned for the finals. Predicting championships for NC State, SC, Stanford, and Iowa.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Even though there were upsets galore in all these conf quarters and semis, I fully expect things to go as planned for the finals. Predicting championships for NC State, SC, Stanford, and Iowa.
I hope you're right about the ACC. It's going to be a grinder. I'm hopeful that fatigue will eventually get to Miami in the 4th quarter. They are dangerous right now.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I hope you're right about the ACC. It's going to be a grinder. I'm hopeful that fatigue will eventually get to Miami in the 4th quarter. They are dangerous right now.
I mean, Louisville was up by 16 in 4Q before Walz committed the fatal error of pulling his starters too early and losing all momentum. I truly don't expect State to have any problems in this game. Kudos to Miami for what they've done in this tournament, but the team that Miami barely beat in the semifinals is the same team that was losing like 50-5 to Louisville in the first half.

Reaction Score
Even pulling for State all year after game one.

Sorry my heart is with Cinderella today

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As expected.. It's a sea of red in here... Great atmosphere up in here. Lucky for my neck, the Spittle guy is sitting elsewhere.. There is a vocal state fan behind me, but he has much better control of his mouth.

Credit to the Louisville fans.. The ones sitting around me didn't go home.. And there are a sprinkling of other card fans roaming around.

Hopefully an exciting second half is in store.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cunane went down with a lower body injury. Was able to walk off the court.. But went to the tunnel for further evaluation...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Congratulations to all the Wolfpack fans on the boneyard... Well fan is more like it

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Big congratulations to NC State. The conference tournament title to go with their regular season title. Shaping up to be a banner year for the Wolfpack.
AT 29-3, this version of the Wolfpack Women has tied the program record for wins in a season. The 1977-78 squad went 29-5.

If we win one game in the NCAAT, we will have our first ever 30-win campaign.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom