Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Indiana puts away Ohio State. With back to back quality wins over Maryland and OSU, and other teams in the 11-16 range taking lots of losses, gotta think Indiana is poised to move up from its #15 spot as of a week ago. Possibly up to a 3 seed?

Reaction Score
Indiana will get it's 3rd shot at Iowa and if healthy they should get their revenge.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Indiana will get it's 3rd shot at Iowa and if healthy they should get their revenge.
Hold on a minute. Iowa has to beat Nebraska first, certainly not a given.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark :eek:

She didn't start the season well at all. Looked bad in the loss at Duke, for example. But wow has she found her game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hold on a minute. Iowa has to beat Nebraska first, certainly not a given.
Well I really called that one. :rolleyes: Too much Clark and ice cold shooting from deep by the Huskers.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Big South Action delivers again. In the first semifinal.. regular season Champ Campbell was down to Gardner Webb 50-48 with 10 seconds to play... and then this happened

The Senior Guard hit the free throw... Gardner Webb threw the ball away on the ensuing possession.... and the Camels march on to the Championship game tomorrow night with a 51-50 Victory. Wow.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Big South Action delivers again. In the first semifinal.. regular season Champ Campbell was down to Gardner Webb 50-48 with 10 seconds to play... and then this happened

The Senior Guard hit the free throw... Gardner Webb threw the ball away on the ensuing possession.... and the Camels march on to the Championship game tomorrow night with a 51-50 Victory. Wow.
I love the dramatic finish almost as much as I love the hashtag #RollHumps

Reaction Score

where do Campbell and GW sit in the Triad rankings?

Plebe

Reaction Score
1646533676216.png

Reaction Score
Next best thing to a UConn win is a smackdown of the ugly orange of knocky top.
They basically lost a home game. I KNOW, but, but... Keyen Green. I will give the TN freshman credit. They did their part.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I love the dramatic finish almost as much as I love the hashtag #RollHumps

You know in the one bid leagues, those dramatic finishes create heartbreak on the other side. On the last GW play, the inbound pass was intended for the Star player but she couldnt corral it and it bounced on the end line for a turnover. She had tears running down her face as she was defending the inbound pass. She had a great season... first team all Big South, but the memory that she will be thinking about all off-season is that last play. :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
where do Campbell and GW sit in the Triad rankings?

I'll have to check on the list. Off the top of my head.. I would say in the 8-10 range.

Campbell was 11, and GW was 12. I'm not sure why I had UNC-Asheville ahead of those two... perhaps its because they are Baptist Universities :p

Reaction Score
A few weeks ago KY appeared to be on the bubble Kudos to the Coach Elzy and the Cats. Rhyne Howard must’ve heard all the talk about Nalyssa Smith going #1 in the draft :rolleyes: she’s really stepped it up these past few games.

I expected the SEC final to be a battle between two former players turned head coaches, however I figured it would be Staley vs Mulkey or Harper.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A few weeks ago KY appeared to be on the bubble Kudos to the Coach Elzy and the Cats. Rhyne Howard must’ve heard all the talk about Nalyssa Smith going #1 in the draft :rolleyes: she’s really stepped it up these past few games.

I expected the SEC final to be a battle between two former players turned head coaches, however I figured it would be Staley vs Mulkey or Harper.
It was worse than that. Three weeks ago, Kentucky was 9-11 overall and 2-8 in the SEC. They weren't even on the bubble.

They were on the bubble two days ago, but wins over LSU and now Tennessee have left no doubt they're in.

Reaction Score

Howard will go extremely high, she is really good. That said Smith is a no brainer, she scores, she rebounds, she is just much more impactful all around IMO, plus more steady to me.

I wasn't expecting LSU to go far, Morris is a gigantic piece of the team but the unfortunate part is the team didn't show up wanting to win. They went through the motions and didnt' give the effort they gave all year. But that was the vibe I got before this tournament. Kim didn't seem to care one bit (she openly stated that it didnt matter), she just wanted to get to NCAAT with a healthy Morris, nothing more. That was disappointing to me.

But Kentucky is on a role. They were way too talented to finish 7th in the SEC.

Reaction Score
It was worse than that. Three weeks ago, Kentucky was 9-11 overall and 2-8 in the SEC. They weren't even on the bubble.

They were on the bubble two days ago, but wins over LSU and now Tennessee have left no doubt they're in.
Yikes, I didn’t realize it was that bad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom