Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well, Stanford is no surprise, but Utah in the Pac 12 final? Anybody see that coming? Congrats to the Utes.
First time a bubble-ish team (as of a week ago) reached the Pac-12 final since that year that USC won it all?

I was there in person a few years ago when a low-seeded Jody Wynn Washington squad stunned Oregon State in the quarters and reached the semis.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
How could three officials miss that foul on Kentucky that got Kim the technical. She was correct in what she said on the court.
Watching it live, I actually thought that Kim was involved in the foul, she was close to being on the court (as is her normal coaching style) and right next to both players as they fell on the sidelines. She intentionally got T'ed up and ended up costing her team 4 points. On the next shot by LSU, Kim was heckling the same ref because he called an air ball and gave the ball to Kentucky but another ref ruled that it was touched by the defensive player and he was overruled.
Just Kim being Kim.

Reaction Score
First time a bubble-ish team (as of a week ago) reached the Pac-12 final since that year that USC won it all?

I was there in person a few years ago when a low-seeded Jody Wynn Washington squad stunned Oregon State in the quarters and reached the semis.
That was a sensational run by Washington. That particular game was fun to watch. Washington earned it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
State wins over VPI 70-55. Time to dry off the spittle from the back of my neck, courtesy of a rowdy State fan :confused:
Was it that dude whose booming voice has become a mainstay of the NC State home game broadcasts.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Was it that dude whose booming voice has become a mainstay of the NC State home game broadcasts.

Ha.. Naw... He was loud... But not booming. He was passionate, talked and yelled the entire game. Complaining about everything... The refs.. Fouls.. Non fouls.. Shot selection, coaching strategies, popcorn, Pepsi. You name it.

Reaction Score
Ha.. Naw... He was loud... But not booming. He was passionate, talked and yelled the entire game. Complaining about everything... The refs.. Fouls.. Non fouls.. Shot selection, coaching strategies, popcorn, Pepsi. You name it.
You're hilarious. I wish you were able to comment on every conference tournament game
Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

SN: A shame Kitley was unable to play

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What about the beer, did he complain about that?;)

I'm thankful he wasn't drinking.. I can't imagine him watching the game hopped up on beer or liquor :eek:

You're hilarious. I wish you were able to comment on every conference tournament game
Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

SN: A shame Kitley was unable to play

Yeah... A darn shame that her and another starter King (who got injured Thursday) couldn't play in their hometown on semifinal Saturday. VPI pretty much have always played State tough since their arrival.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've looked at the Pac 12 tourney history, hardly ever has a team seeded lower than 4th gotten to the championship game. And Stanford is in the final virtually every year.

Reaction Score
It is synonymous with him, in the same way that the Alonzo Mourning one is with @triaddukefan
HA I am waiting on Plebe to make a gif of Kim's technical from last night. Its quite something, not just her reaction, but the fans in the background make it even better. We will never not be entertained. I should have saw it coming when she mentioned wanting to get thrown out of a game earlier in the week at her radio show :D

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Curious why Brunelle was not on the floor for that last possession.

There was a stretch in the 2nd half when Miami looked gassed but ND could not take advantage.

Another good win for Katie Meier.

Reaction Score
Curious why Brunelle was not on the floor for that last possession.

There was a stretch in the 2nd half when Miami looked gassed but ND could not take advantage.

Another good win for Katie Meier.
Shoulda gone for a quick 2
Decent chance Mia would’ve missed another FT

Plebe

Reaction Score
2nd year in a row DePaul chokes away an ncaa bid. :(
Yeah, not looking at all good for them at this point. Bummer

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors